Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To take advantage of the discounts we booked a standard room at Coronado for our October trip . Originally we were booked at POR but there were no discounts that covered our dates.
I have mixed feelings. We’ve stayed at Coronado twice and enjoyed it both times, but this was years ago. I wonder if we will enjoy it as much with all of the changes? I watched the video for the tower and while beautiful , it gives me a “nice hotel” vibe, but maybe not a “I’m at Disney!” vibe. But that is based on a few videos and not a ton of research or any actual experience so I may be off base.
Any suggestions where to request to be close to a bus stop and or the main building ? I always loved Casitas, especially how pretty it is at night . Is this still a good choice for a standard room ?

Last edited:
To take advantage of the discounts we booked a standard room at Coronado for our October trip . Originally we were booked at POR but there were no discounts that covered our dates.
I have mixed feelings. We’ve stayed at Coronado twice and enjoyed it both times but this was years ago. I wonder if we will enjoy it as much with all the changes. I watched the video for the tower and while beautiful , it gives me a “nice hotel” vibe, but maybe not a “I’m at Disney” vibe. But that is based on a few videos and not a ton of research or any actual experience so I may be off base.
Any suggestions where to request to be close to a bus stop and or the main building ? I always loved Casitas.. especially how pretty it is at night . Is this still a good chiuce for a standard room ?

Yes, Casitas 4 & 5 are still standard and close to first bus pickup.

Okay long post....We absolutely loved the Tower! We were excited for a new resort, but certainly did not expect to love it as much as we did. The room had such amazing views of Epcot and HS—I never got tired of that view! The rooms are so modern and fresh. We appreciated the extra half bath, which really helped with getting ready. I had purchased a shower curtain and suction hooks from the dollar store before we left, but didn’t end up using them because of the extra space. There was more than enough storage in the bathroom, bedroom, and main living space. Both rooms had the new tv’s, which were turned on for us along with the nightly turn down service and they had the “welcome family” screen, which was cool. The hallways are gorgeous and our room was very quiet. There are 50 suites and 30 standard club level rooms. The 15th floor is all club level, and the rest of the club level rooms are scattered about the other floors. We were on the 12th floor. You could actually see MK fireworks off in the distance from the window at the end of our hallway. We thought the proximity to other parks would be an issue, since we like to stay at GF and Poly, but transportation was great.

The club level lounge is just stunning!! It is very spacious and we enjoyed just hanging out and playing cards while we had dessert and watched all the fireworks. The food offerings were all wonderful, and we all tried new things. I just can’t say enough about how much we loved it. We switched to BWI on Monday and we were a bit disappointed, we missed the Tower. Not that there’s anything wrong with BWI, but that’s how much we enjoyed the Tower. Other than GF RPC, this was my favorite club level lounge space. I don’t think you will be disappointed! I cannot wait to come back!
I had gf rpc in May and poly cl booked for Labor Day, my dd’s bf asked why we were not staying there?

I always liked CSR and I love new things, I made the switch to the suite recently. I felt the extra space would be nice then saw the 1/2 bath! Yep that’s the room for us!

My dh and Ds are staying home. Its a mom n me trip (again)but with bf 1st time. He will need the attention and I love all the planning! Booked our extra cl fp’s today. We are all set!

Can’t wait to try it!

Thanks for your response. Love hearing about it! The views sound great!

Just curious if anyone booked a room in the tower using the Disney Visa discount. I am arriving on the 27th and wanted to see if the discount will be available for all 5 nights if my stay. I will try to call tomorrow but just checking if anyone had any luck...

We switched our December trip to Sept 26th to Oct 2nd and we couldn't get the Visa discount. There were no available rooms at Coronado. We were able to get the 20% off though. When you call ask them to check all the discounts for you.

I’m staying in a standard view tower room in a couple weeks. Can anyone confirm what views and or side of the building the standard view rooms are? I’m assuming it would be rooms facing the front of the tower and not the back with a lake view? Is it possible if high enough up in a standard view to see fireworks in the distance?

Just curious if anyone booked a room in the tower using the Disney Visa discount. I am arriving on the 27th and wanted to see if the discount will be available for all 5 nights if my stay. I will try to call tomorrow but just checking if anyone had any luck...

I also arrive the 27th (of july) and tried to change my discount to the disney visa one (currently have an AP rate for a waterview king tower room). The cm was unable to find any rooms in the tower at the discounted visa rate. I had her try water view, king, standard, anything, and no dice. We are there for 8 nights, so you might have better luck with a shorter stay.

I’m staying in a standard view tower room in a couple weeks. Can anyone confirm what views and or side of the building the standard view rooms are? I’m assuming it would be rooms facing the front of the tower and not the back with a lake view? Is it possible if high enough up in a standard view to see fireworks in the distance?

Yes, the standard view rooms face DHS and EP. Higher rooms will have fantastic fireworks views. Any floor high enough to see over the tree line should have good views.

Wife and I are going to be staying at the Gran Destino Tower in October for quick trip and Food and Wine. Can anybody tell me if the bus stop at Tower is first stop?

Wife and I are going to be staying at the Gran Destino Tower in October for quick trip and Food and Wine. Can anybody tell me if the bus stop at Tower is first stop?

It’s listed as stop 1 but it is actually the last stop picked up before heading out to the parks. That way people who are far away can jump on any park bus as an internal bus to the main building, restaurants etc

Has anyone seen a room location map for the tower? Looking for something like touring plans has for all the resorts. I booked a CL room and from what I’ve read they seem to be spread out all over.

It’s listed as stop 1 but it is actually the last stop picked up before heading out to the parks. That way people who are far away can jump on any park bus as an internal bus to the main building, restaurants etc
What stop is the actual first stop? How far is it if you are staying in the Tower? I guess what I'm asking is which is the best bus stop?? lol ;)

I will be staying at CR in a couple months in a standard (non tower) room.
It sounds like check in for all rooms is now at the tower. Is that correct?
What standard (non tower) rooms would be closest walking to the tower? I am hoping to be able to check in quickly and then head to the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter