Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casitas preferred is priced against proximity to bus stop one as well. That's further away now too.

I could be wrong, but I thought the recommended Casitas bus stop was always #2, which made sense to me because #2 is the first stop picked up and dropped off when traveling to and from the parks. We booked Casitas preferred just for this.

Admittedly, I've not been paying close attention to the updates and reviews now that the tower is open. I am curious on the following though.

1. Anyone know what the plans are for the former lobby space? Is it just an empty hallway now, essentially?
2. Has anyone found convention goers crowd the Laguna Bar on the water in the evenings still? We found they would take over this bar on pleasant evenings, so just curious if this is now spread out to the other lounges that have opened.
3. Have El Mercado and/or Dig Site been noticeably busier? Or on par with what we used to see when the Cabana buildings were still there?

I could be wrong, but I thought the recommended Casitas bus stop was always #2, which made sense to me because #2 is the first stop picked up and dropped off when traveling to and from the parks. We booked Casitas preferred just for this.

On some trips when staying in Casitas we would get on at stop 1 so we didn't have to ride around the whole resort. It doesn't work so well during busy times when buses fill up before they get there, though.

Anyone care to compare AKL (standard room) to a tower standard view club level room?

This is what I've got so far:
-transportation: the same (I would take busses & consider uber)
-pools: similar? AKL has the two options, probably a bit nicer look. Waterslides the same at Kidani and CS. My son likes the spitting jaguar, lol! Is one pool deeper than the other? He loves deep water.
We'd be staying at jambo house and it seems a bit annoying to take the van to Kidani for the better pool.
-restaurants: similar
-CS has the club level advantage for almost the same price

Am I missing anything? What would you pick?

On some trips when staying in Casitas we would get on at stop 1 so we didn't have to ride around the whole resort. It doesn't work so well during busy times when buses fill up before they get there, though.

Yes, true. The benefit of that is not having to ride through the other stops. For us, the benefit of boarding at bus stop 2 was ensuring we'd have a seat on the bus, and that the bus wouldn't fill up and leave before making its way around.

Anyone care to compare AKL (standard room) to a tower standard view club level room?

This is what I've got so far:
-transportation: the same (I would take busses & consider uber)
-pools: similar? AKL has the two options, probably a bit nicer look. Waterslides the same at Kidani and CS. My son likes the spitting jaguar, lol! Is one pool deeper than the other? He loves deep water.
We'd be staying at jambo house and it seems a bit annoying to take the van to Kidani for the better pool.
-restaurants: similar
-CS has the club level advantage for almost the same price

Am I missing anything? What would you pick?

I would say the the transportation is better at CSR, not even. CSR is the most centrally located resort at WDW and is generally regarded as the best bus service on property. Not to say that a long wait couldn't happen, but on average CSR is better.

I would say the the transportation is better at CSR, not even. CSR is the most centrally located resort at WDW and is generally regarded as the best bus service on property. Not to say that a long wait couldn't happen, but on average CSR is better.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! I booked it. Can always go back to AKL if I change my mind again.

Does anyone have a definitive answer about anything that coves the showers in a standard tower room? Going in August with my adultish kids and I know we will all want some privacy.

We just checked out from a Deluxe Suite and our children could hear the sound machine we use when we sleep. So if you have a loud snorer, I would say you would still be able to hear them.
Any other info to share???

Inquiring minds want to know!

Does anyone have a definitive answer about anything that coves the showers in a standard tower room? Going in August with my adultish kids and I know we will all want some privacy.

What do you mean by covers? It's a see-through, glass enclosed shower, in the same room as vanity. It's is separated from actual room by sliding barn door which locks. The toilet is in the same room as shower, but with a door.

So technically if someone is using sink and someone else is showering, prepare to see a whole lot of that person!

Just changed from POFQ to Coronado Standard Room to take advantage of free dining. Can you tell me what kind of coffee pot is in the Standard Rooms? The time change will make coffee before getting on the bus a non-negotiable for my husband... and maybe me.

Any other info to share???

Inquiring minds want to know!
Okay long post....We absolutely loved the Tower! We were excited for a new resort, but certainly did not expect to love it as much as we did. The room had such amazing views of Epcot and HS—I never got tired of that view! The rooms are so modern and fresh. We appreciated the extra half bath, which really helped with getting ready. I had purchased a shower curtain and suction hooks from the dollar store before we left, but didn’t end up using them because of the extra space. There was more than enough storage in the bathroom, bedroom, and main living space. Both rooms had the new tv’s, which were turned on for us along with the nightly turn down service and they had the “welcome family” screen, which was cool. The hallways are gorgeous and our room was very quiet. There are 50 suites and 30 standard club level rooms. The 15th floor is all club level, and the rest of the club level rooms are scattered about the other floors. We were on the 12th floor. You could actually see MK fireworks off in the distance from the window at the end of our hallway. We thought the proximity to other parks would be an issue, since we like to stay at GF and Poly, but transportation was great.

The club level lounge is just stunning!! It is very spacious and we enjoyed just hanging out and playing cards while we had dessert and watched all the fireworks. The food offerings were all wonderful, and we all tried new things. I just can’t say enough about how much we loved it. We switched to BWI on Monday and we were a bit disappointed, we missed the Tower. Not that there’s anything wrong with BWI, but that’s how much we enjoyed the Tower. Other than GF RPC, this was my favorite club level lounge space. I don’t think you will be disappointed! I cannot wait to come back!

I did read somewhere that they used suction cups and a solid shower curtain and hung it on the outside so you couldn't see in the shower. I guess that could work?

Okay long post....We absolutely loved the Tower! We were excited for a new resort, but certainly did not expect to love it as much as we did. The room had such amazing views of Epcot and HS—I never got tired of that view! The rooms are so modern and fresh. We appreciated the extra half bath, which really helped with getting ready. I had purchased a shower curtain and suction hooks from the dollar store before we left, but didn’t end up using them because of the extra space. There was more than enough storage in the bathroom, bedroom, and main living space. Both rooms had the new tv’s, which were turned on for us along with the nightly turn down service and they had the “welcome family” screen, which was cool. The hallways are gorgeous and our room was very quiet. There are 50 suites and 30 standard club level rooms. The 15th floor is all club level, and the rest of the club level rooms are scattered about the other floors. We were on the 12th floor. You could actually see MK fireworks off in the distance from the window at the end of our hallway. We thought the proximity to other parks would be an issue, since we like to stay at GF and Poly, but transportation was great.

The club level lounge is just stunning!! It is very spacious and we enjoyed just hanging out and playing cards while we had dessert and watched all the fireworks. The food offerings were all wonderful, and we all tried new things. I just can’t say enough about how much we loved it. We switched to BWI on Monday and we were a bit disappointed, we missed the Tower. Not that there’s anything wrong with BWI, but that’s how much we enjoyed the Tower. Other than GF RPC, this was my favorite club level lounge space. I don’t think you will be disappointed! I cannot wait to come back!

Oh wow! We aren't staying Club Level, but we are excited nonetheless! We booked water view so we will have a regular room, but just two of us so I'm sure it will feel spacious (and modern/fresh)!

I can't wait to have a view of the entire resort, especially at night with Everest in the distance. 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter