Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone who’s been recently comment on the shade situation at the main pool? I.e. are there umbrellas or shade from foliage? Thank you!

I will be staying at CR in a couple months in a standard (non tower) room.
It sounds like check in for all rooms is now at the tower. Is that correct?
What standard (non tower) rooms would be closest walking to the tower? I am hoping to be able to check in quickly and then head to the park.

Maybe you're looking for Bell Services. They can keep your bags until your room is ready, and are able to deliver them once it is.

Regardless, depending on which time you're checking in, there is no guarantee that your room will be available at this time.

I will be staying at CR in a couple months in a standard (non tower) room.
It sounds like check in for all rooms is now at the tower. Is that correct?
What standard (non tower) rooms would be closest walking to the tower? I am hoping to be able to check in quickly and then head to the park.

Yes, all guests check in at the tower.

The closest standard rooms to the tower are the Cabanas area. Cabanas 8C is the closest.

regarding tower buses. do they go thru the hotel internally then to parks or is it its own dedicated bus line?
The tower doesn't have its own dedicated bus line. The buses will make the loop around the resort.

To take advantage of the discounts we booked a standard room at Coronado for our October trip . Originally we were booked at POR but there were no discounts that covered our dates.
I have mixed feelings. We’ve stayed at Coronado twice and enjoyed it both times, but this was years ago. I wonder if we will enjoy it as much with all of the changes? I watched the video for the tower and while beautiful , it gives me a “nice hotel” vibe, but maybe not a “I’m at Disney!” vibe. But that is based on a few videos and not a ton of research or any actual experience so I may be off base.
Any suggestions where to request to be close to a bus stop and or the main building ? I always loved Casitas, especially how pretty it is at night . Is this still a good choice for a standard room ?
Here now we are in cabana section 8B. Quick walk to tower, main pool, & there is a quiet pool as well. The hallway connecting tower to food area is pretty, air conditioned, and a quick walk. So easy. We paid for a standard room but ended up with a water view. Hope this helps.

If you need anything request via the app. I asked for soap it came within the hour. I complained about buses got some fast passes. AMAZING SERVICE!!

We are booked for a standard view in the GDT later this week. Our only request was a high floor. Does anyone know how many floors there are and what the highest floor is for a regular standard room?

Just curious if anyone booked a room in the tower using the Disney Visa discount. I am arriving on the 27th and wanted to see if the discount will be available for all 5 nights if my stay. I will try to call tomorrow but just checking if anyone had any luck...
I just called and changed our August 3-10 trip from AoA to water view tower room. Disney Visa discount price was $199.98/night. I was hoping for a standard view room but they only had standards with king bed, which was about $300 more for the week.

Could someone who’s been recently comment on the shade situation at the main pool? I.e. are there umbrellas or shade from foliage? Thank you!
I was just there in the beginning of July. One complaint I had about the main pool was lack of shade. There were only a few spots with umbrellas and really no shade from trees. It seemed like people must get there early and “reserve” the umbrella chairs by leaving their towels there and leave. We were in the pool and there were barely any people in it but every umbrella/shade spot was taken for hours.
It was a nice pool and we had fun but my phone overheated and we were constantly reapplying sunblock.
Overall it was a great trip, but if I could improve one thing it would be the lack of umbrellas available.

i have a standard room booked for four people. i never asked if it was two queens or a king only . should ihave asked?

Okay long post....We absolutely loved the Tower! We were excited for a new resort, but certainly did not expect to love it as much as we did. The room had such amazing views of Epcot and HS—I never got tired of that view! The rooms are so modern and fresh. We appreciated the extra half bath, which really helped with getting ready. I had purchased a shower curtain and suction hooks from the dollar store before we left, but didn’t end up using them because of the extra space. There was more than enough storage in the bathroom, bedroom, and main living space. Both rooms had the new tv’s, which were turned on for us along with the nightly turn down service and they had the “welcome family” screen, which was cool. The hallways are gorgeous and our room was very quiet. There are 50 suites and 30 standard club level rooms. The 15th floor is all club level, and the rest of the club level rooms are scattered about the other floors. We were on the 12th floor. You could actually see MK fireworks off in the distance from the window at the end of our hallway. We thought the proximity to other parks would be an issue, since we like to stay at GF and Poly, but transportation was great.

The club level lounge is just stunning!! It is very spacious and we enjoyed just hanging out and playing cards while we had dessert and watched all the fireworks. The food offerings were all wonderful, and we all tried new things. I just can’t say enough about how much we loved it. We switched to BWI on Monday and we were a bit disappointed, we missed the Tower. Not that there’s anything wrong with BWI, but that’s how much we enjoyed the Tower. Other than GF RPC, this was my favorite club level lounge space. I don’t think you will be disappointed! I cannot wait to come back!
can you explain what you mean by that the transportation was great?

We are booked for a standard view in the GDT later this week. Our only request was a high floor. Does anyone know how many floors there are and what the highest floor is for a regular standard room?

I haven't been there yet, but there are 16 floors. Guest rooms are on floors 3-15. I think all of 15 is club level rooms. There should be standard view rooms on 3-14.

I just called and changed our August 3-10 trip from AoA to water view tower room. Disney Visa discount price was $199.98/night. I was hoping for a standard view room but they only had standards with king bed, which was about $300 more for the week.

Did you call Disney and just request visa discount or did you call visa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter