Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We just got home from Sports & loved it!! I didn't have huge expectations and went in with an open mind.
LOCATION: We requested the Home Run Building & got it! We started up in Building 9 (closer to bus) and ended up in Building 9. Home Run was a nice area because it was close to the buses, food court & had its own pool. The room was clean and not as run-down as I thought it would be. I didn't take a picture, but it looked exactly like the one pictured above. Our room had the shampoo/conditioner/body wash on the wall. It was perfect for myself and my two children. If the hubs was with us, it would have been a tad tight. The only snag that we had was that we had two reservations. Our first night was just the room and the other reservation was the room, DP, & tix. At check-in they promised that we would be in the same room and that we would not have to switch rooms. It wasn't a big deal if we had to move, I just wanted to know before we unpacked everything. I asked three times & each time they assured us that we wouldn't have to move. They checked us in around 1:00pm and I unpacked and organized everything. The next day, we were at MK and I got a text that our room was ready with a new room number in the other Home Run Building (8). I was NOT happy. We ended up having to leave MK to get everything sorted out. We ended up having to move and they were very apologetic after I complained. They ended up giving us 3 extra FP for MK & 3 for HS which made up for it!
FOOD: The food court was OK. We usually grabbed a yogurt or a bowl of cereal and then headed to the parks for the day. We did order pizza for our pool day and I thought it was good. If you have kids, you can change up the sides if you are on the dining plan. We usually grabbed 2 Danimals instead of the carrots & apples.
TRANSPORTATION: We never waited longer than 5 minutes. We always had good luck getting a bus. We didn't share with any other resort. One time we did take the Music bus by accident and just walked to our room. Our room was close to the Music parking lot. This could be an option if the Sports bus wasn't there. We also took a Lyft because we had an early reservation at CG. The Minnie Lyft appeared on the app, but I just requested a regular one so we didn't have to pay $20.00.
POOL: The big pool was a kind of crowded. Since our room was so close to the smaller pool that is where we spent our time. I was always able to get a lounge chair close to the pool to watch our daughter swim.

Last edited:
We just got home from Sports & loved it!! I didn't have huge expectations and went in with an open mind.
LOCATION: We requested the Home Run Building & got it! We started up in Building 9 (closer to bus) and ended up in Building 9. Home Run was a nice area because it was close to the buses, food court & had its own pool. The room was clean and not as run-down as I thought it would be. I didn't take a picture, but it looked exactly like the one pictured above. Our room had the shampoo/conditioner/body wash on the wall. It was perfect for myself and my two children. If the hubs was with us, it would have been a tad tight. The only snag that we had was that we had two reservations. Our first night was just the room and the other reservation was the room, DP, & tix. At check-in they promised that we would be in the same room and that we would not have to switch rooms. It wasn't a big deal if we had to move, I just wanted to know before we unpacked everything. I asked three times & each time they assured us that we wouldn't have to move. They checked us in around 1:00pm and I unpacked and organized everything. The next day, we were at MK and I got a text that our room was ready with a new room number in the other Home Run Building (8). I was NOT happy. We ended up having to leave MK to get everything sorted out. We ended up having to move and they were very apologetic after I complained. They ended up giving us 3 extra FP for MK & 3 for HS which made up for it!
FOOD: The food court was OK. We usually grabbed a yogurt or a bowl of cereal and then headed to the parks for the day. We did order pizza for our pool day and I thought it was good. If you have kids, you can change up the sides if you are on the dining plan. We usually grabbed 2 Danimals instead of the carrots & apples.
TRANSPORTATION: We never waited longer than 5 minutes. We always had good luck getting a bus. We didn't share with any other resort. One time we did take the Music bus by accident and just walked to our room. Our room was close to the Music parking lot. This could be an option if the Sports bus wasn't there. We also took a Lyft because we had an early reservation at CG. The Minnie Lyft appeared on the app, but I just requested a regular one so we didn't have to pay $20.00.
POOL: The big pool was a kind of crowded. Since our room was so close to the smaller pool that is where we spent our time. I was always able to get a lounge chair close to the pool to watch our daughter swim.
Glad you liked Sports!:)

I think Home Run Hotel is just amazingly themed!

I love Goofy as the 'Pitcher" at the Grand Slam Pool!:)

The last time we stayed here, there was no coffee maker in the room, is this still the case?

The last time we stayed here, there was no coffee maker in the room, is this still the case?

Yes, no coffee makers in the Sports rooms. The value room complete overhaul renovations at Pop and Movies are bringing coffee makers to standard (non-suite) rooms, but we don't know when those updates are coming to Sports.

Just back from April 9-16 stay at All Star Sports . I had been there once before for a short trip with DD, but it was the first time for DH. We often stay at DVC resorts (through RCI timeshare exchange), but to save points and be able to stay on site, we opted for All Star Sports, which I was able to get a a very good rate with an AP discount. Our room was in Center Court, the building on the right side, in the wing at the back. I had stayed in a similar room in the other Center Court building previously and found to be very quiet, as it faces a wooded area, and this room was just the same. It's a bit smaller than the rooms we're used to, and having only one sink made it a bit more difficult. But we managed just fine. The walk to the main building and food court was very short. There seemed to be many groups of high school aged teens there, I think for some musical event, but they weren't overly rowdy or boisterous - just teens. We ate breakfast at the food court every day. Before 8 AM it was relatively quiet, but it quickly gets more crowded after that. The lines to get food or to pay were never exceptionally long, and we always found a place to to sit. The main issue when it's very busy is just the congestion in the area between the cash registers and the food windows. It isn't designed well to handle lots of people, and it can be very hard to maneuver around. But that was relatively minor in the scheme of things. We ate dinner in the food court two nights when thunderstorms cut short our park time. Again, fairly crowded, but not unmanageable. We found the dinner selections we had to be very good - salmon, steak, and baked chicken. I tried the flatbread pizza from one of the food windows and found it so incredibly bland and tasteless that I ate very little. I expect the other pizza is better. Bus service was very good, and we never waited more than ten minutes. Only one night was the bus service to all the All Star resorts combined into one run, and I can't honestly remember which night or which park that was from. But it was late, and there were relatively few people waiting for a bus. Pool was open from 9 AM to 11 PM and always seemed to be full of kids. We didn't get to check out the other pool, which is probably quieter. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had to check with concierge to try to get our ME departure time changed to accommodate RAC, and the CM got it done for us with no problem. After all was said and done, DH said he would stay there again, and that's quite an endorsement.

I am very excited!
I just switched over to Sports. I had a BB offer staying in Port Orleans Riverside with FD. I wanted to do Deluxe Dining so I figured I would be able to pull it off if I switched to a value.
Well it is doable and saving $200.!!pixiedust::yay:
The only bummer is a preferred room was not available.
What room would be the best location for a standard room. I do not need to be close to pool. I do prefer to be close to transportation.
Thanks

I would try for Center Court, the tennis themed buildings just behind and to the left of the Surf buildings. If you can get the Center Court building on the left, it's quite close to the main building and transportation. As I noted above, there's a wing on the back of the buildings that is very quiet.

I am very excited!
I just switched over to Sports. I had a BB offer staying in Port Orleans Riverside with FD. I wanted to do Deluxe Dining so I figured I would be able to pull it off if I switched to a value.
What room would be the best location for a standard room. I do not need to be close to pool. I do prefer to be close to transportation.
Thanks

I've stayed in all the sports but Football, I avoid that.
Next to last trip there I requested Tennis, got it and wow did we have a hike to our room. That is off my list.
Last trip I just said Close to Transportation and they put us in Surfs Up. It was great, such a short walk.

I would just request Close to Transportation.

We were fairly close in HomeRun building 9. We just cut through the Football building & were right in the front by transportation.

Just back from our stay at AS Sports. Couldn't have been better! We requested a first floor room near parking (we drove) and we were in Building 8 (Home run hotel) which was fabulous. All CM's couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We overlooked woods so very quiet and just around the corner from the parking lot. Room was immaculate and worked out very well. Loved the nice pool just steps away, not crowded or noisy. Food court worked out fine, wish it wasn't so crowded in the morning and that they had more cashiers! Plenty of seating though.

Bus service was exceptional. We rode the bus back and forth to Disney Springs, MK and Epcot and I do not think we ever waited more than five minutes!! Great job All Star Sports!!!

I am very excited!
Thanks

Wow, what a deal! Hope you enjoy your trip!

As for the room location, the resort is fairly small so it won't matter too much, we stayed in a section farthest from the food court (the tennis section) and it wasn't that far of a walk. But if I were you, try to get a room in the surf, tennis, or hoops section

We just booked a return stay here with free dining for end of August. We had a good deal at WL, but staying here will save us about $1000. We will be able to eat at more TS restaurants so it'll actually end up being even better value. We have kept the WL reservation for now, but I think changing is the best thing to do. We did love our stay at Sports last time, but really wanted to stay "nicer." We figure we aren't in the room much anyway, so why pay more for something we won't be taking advantage of.

We had good luck with everything here in 2016. Buses were great other than a couple trips, we loved the location of our room, and the resort is easy to navigate.

I really want to stay at Pop Century, but can get free dining at All Star Sports, and it is hard to justify the $1300+ difference to stay at Pop. My main concern are the buses. I see some of you posted the buses weren't bad. I picture sharing buses with the other 2 All Stars and it taking 30 extra minutes to get where you are trying to go. Am I wrong about that?

The All Stars generally do not share buses. The only time they might is when it's very late and there are few passengers, so they may combine the routes. I've only stayed at All Star Sports twice, but it always had its own bus runs. Only once very late one evening was there one bus from a park back to the resorts, but that was the only time.

The All Stars generally do not share buses. The only time they might is when it's very late and there are few passengers, so they may combine the routes. I've only stayed at All Star Sports twice, but it always had its own bus runs. Only once very late one evening was there one bus from a park back to the resorts, but that was the only time.

Thank you! That makes me feel better.

I really want to stay at Pop Century, but can get free dining at All Star Sports, and it is hard to justify the $1300+ difference to stay at Pop. My main concern are the buses. I see some of you posted the buses weren't bad. I picture sharing buses with the other 2 All Stars and it taking 30 extra minutes to get where you are trying to go. Am I wrong about that?

The sharing was a non issue for us except for one time in February of 2016. For the most part the only time we shared was going from a park back to the resort in the afternoon and there were only a handful of other people waiting. Maybe once or twice going to the parks too but not crowded.

Going to/from DS was horrible though. The bus that took us stopped at the others after coming from a park (I’d assume) and it was packed the whole time. But we did get on and it didn’t add more than maybe 5 or so minutes.

The ride back was horrible. We waited a good 35-40 minutes (id have to recheck my notes but may have even been longer) for a bus. Literally not one bus for the all stars came. Multiple other buses came and left empty to other resorts. The line for the bus was ridiculous. It stretched the whole way back the walkway heading back towards DS. This is with all the zig zags (can’t think of a better term) too. Finally three buses came at the same time. We just got on the second. I would say they needed 2 more buses to get everyone out (so 5 total). It was really unacceptable.

I don’t tell you that so you worry, just saying the bad stories do happen. But that was the only problem we had with sharing the week we were there.

We just booked a return stay here with free dining for end of August. We had a good deal at WL, but staying here will save us about $1000. We will be able to eat at more TS restaurants so it'll actually end up being even better value. We have kept the WL reservation for now, but I think changing is the best thing to do. We did love our stay at Sports last time, but really wanted to stay "nicer." We figure we aren't in the room much anyway, so why pay more for something we won't be taking advantage of.

We had good luck with everything here in 2016. Buses were great other than a couple trips, we loved the location of our room, and the resort is easy to navigate.

Hi, just changed from POP to Sports for the FD offer and also staying the end of August.

Are you a Pens fan? We are in PA, closer to Philly, but I'm a Penguins fan and really enjoyed that first series!

Hi, just changed from POP to Sports for the FD offer and also staying the end of August.

Are you a Pens fan? We are in PA, closer to Philly, but I'm a Penguins fan and really enjoyed that first series!

I'm sure you'll see me walking around in a Penguins shirt (hopefully a 2018 cup shirt). I'm a huge Pens fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter