Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

That would explain it, then. THank you!!!

Anyone have a favorite 'non-preferred' section? We usally stay at Pop and get lakeside, so Sports will be a new experience for us!
I like Home Run Hotel-it is one of the best-themed sections of any WDW Resort,it has its "own" Pool and Laundry and it is right across a parking lot from All-Star Music making it easy to use the Music buses,Pools,etc.:)

Does anyone know what the current pool hours are? We are thinking of going overnight this Saturday but one of our main reasons we would stay is for our daughter to swim for a bit the next morning..

I know years ago you they did not have towels at the pool for the value resort and you had to bring the ones from the room. Has that changed?

I know years ago you they did not have towels at the pool for the value resort and you had to bring the ones from the room. Has that changed?
Yes-all the Value Resorts now have Pool Towels.:)

Grand Slam Pool
26062354764_020d97fd36_z.jpg

Has ASSports been through a room remodel/upgrade recently? Any recent pictures of the rooms?

Has ASSports been through a room remodel/upgrade recently? Any recent pictures of the rooms?

Picture above

This resort won't be renovated for awhile. They just started on All Star Movies, they will move to Music next, then Sports. According to all of the info so far.

Well back from our quick trip-March 19-22
We ended up in building 5 as when we checked in there was a room ready-ended up on second floor instead of top but it was fine. I was surprised how comfortable the beds were-or have I just been lucky? The only resort where I didn't like the bed was Saratoga.
We quickly learned shortcut through buildings to get to bus/lobby. Never did go to food court: we slept in most days (8ish or so) and then hit parks -Epcot mostly for F&G. Lack of coffee in room didn't really bother me surprisingly. I did come back 2 days for a rest around 3ish-6ish. Never had issues with HK or checks-they clearly had come while we were out. Did have the pump dispensers installed one day while we were out. I actually expected the rooms to be more run down considering the heavy use and theat they are on reno schedule. Saw some wear/tear but not bad at all. We stayed BC a few years ago in pre reno room (resort was in process of being updated) and that room was in worse shape (disgraceful how far the room was allowed to deteriorate considering the deluxe price).
Lots of band groups around, but no problems. Only issue with bus was coming back from AK on last day-3 All Star Movies buses came and went before an All star sport bus came.

I was really worried about staying here after seeing negative reviews-I don't think I'd stay here with more than 2 people in a room as it would be very tight in space, but for just my daughter and me it was fine, and I'd do it again.

Just booked a last minute stay next weekend for my husband and I, and got a decent rate at Sports so here we come. I'm looking for recommendations of buildings or locations to request, we booked a standard room. You can never predict what will be quiet but if there is a location where the door faces water, woods, etc. that would be our preference. Love Pop's rooms that face the lake if Sports has anything like this.

Also for those who were asking about the 15 year old girl groups, we encountered a very big group of "quincinera" which is what this is called at our stay last February at Pop, they were from Argentina. They were not overly loud (but of course huge groups of teen girls are not quiet!), had breakfast in an area of the food court that was roped off for their group and set up as their own buffet, and they traveled around WDW on their own private buses. Initially I was worried about them overwhelming the food court and buses, but not the case. Their rooms were all in a block together (I could tell by the signs in the windows) which is a good thing, with four 15 year old girls to a room I can imagine I might not want to be their next door neighbor!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!