Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

The sharing was a non issue for us except for one time in February of 2016. For the most part the only time we shared was going from a park back to the resort in the afternoon and there were only a handful of other people waiting. Maybe once or twice going to the parks too but not crowded.

Going to/from DS was horrible though. The bus that took us stopped at the others after coming from a park (I’d assume) and it was packed the whole time. But we did get on and it didn’t add more than maybe 5 or so minutes.

The ride back was horrible. We waited a good 35-40 minutes (id have to recheck my notes but may have even been longer) for a bus. Literally not one bus for the all stars came. Multiple other buses came and left empty to other resorts. The line for the bus was ridiculous. It stretched the whole way back the walkway heading back towards DS. This is with all the zig zags (can’t think of a better term) too. Finally three buses came at the same time. We just got on the second. I would say they needed 2 more buses to get everyone out (so 5 total). It was really unacceptable.

I don’t tell you that so you worry, just saying the bad stories do happen. But that was the only problem we had with sharing the week we were there.

I also was hoping for POP, but with the FD deal switched to Sports.

In regards to busing, I had a "horror story" like the one above with POP. We left MK after our Crystal Palace dinner and it was pouring rain. Everyone was heading out. The line was completely filled for POP and the line stretched way down past two more bus stops. A fight broke out, security was all over the place. We were in that line well over an hour, probably closer to 90 minutes.

Staying at Sports August 30-September 8 with free QSDP. Can't wait! It will be me, DH, and sons 15 and 12.

For those who have stayed recently, do they still have Mello Yello in the food court? I know it's not a big deal, but my boys would be THRILLED if so.

Just booked for late August, haven't been to WDW in 6 years so have a lot to catch up on! I read about 20 pages and haven't seen this one asked, is there room on the floor anywhere for an air mattress? Not sure how we're going to do with only 2 beds (and they are really doubles? who has those anymore?)...

Just booked for late August, haven't been to WDW in 6 years so have a lot to catch up on! I read about 20 pages and haven't seen this one asked, is there room on the floor anywhere for an air mattress? Not sure how we're going to do with only 2 beds (and they are really doubles? who has those anymore?)...

Yes, there is room on the floor for an air mattress. We will definitely be using one when we go in September.

Staying at Sports August 30-September 8 with free QSDP. Can't wait! It will be me, DH, and sons 15 and 12.

For those who have stayed recently, do they still have Mello Yello in the food court? I know it's not a big deal, but my boys would be THRILLED if so.
They did in January.

For those who have stayed recently, do they still have Mello Yello in the food court?

Yes-Mello Yello is always part of the Fountain Drink "Lineup"(along with the ever popular Powerade Mountain Berry Blast) at Sports.:)

Hopefully,they will have it restocked by your trip-the Cheerleaders ate and drank EVERYTHING in sight this weekend in End Zone!lol:)

upload_2018-4-30_8-34-20.png

Last edited:
We loved building 8 Home Run Hotel, and we requested first floor as we drove and it made it so much easier getting luggage in and out. The parking lot is VERY close. Also a nice pool right outside the building. We were very pleased.

Thank you! We are driving as well and love 1st floor rooms with our strollers.

How are the window curtains for blocking out light? I'm someone who likes to sleep (as DH puts it), in a cave...wondering if I should bring a black sheet and clothespins to supplement...

This is what I am going to request -- but third floor. Like the idea of no one above us, and we don't have strollers.

If we didn’t have strollers, I’d request high as well. I know there are elevators, but it’s just so much easier not having to deal with them if possible. Of course it doesn’t matter if we end up higher!

Just switched to all star sports for our september trip! Looking forward to it!

Hey Cheryl! So fun you’re going in September!

How are the window curtains for blocking out light? I'm someone who likes to sleep (as DH puts it), in a cave...wondering if I should bring a black sheet and clothespins to supplement...

I’ve always found them pretty dark!

Finally thinking about packing for our trip scheduled the first week of June. Last time we were there was March 2014 and stayed at Sports. Can someone please remind me what bathroom amenities there are available? Shampoo, Conditioner, Soaps, Hair Dryer? Also, if you opt to skip housekeeping, do they replace your towels everyday? Thanks in advance!

Finally thinking about packing for our trip scheduled the first week of June. Last time we were there was March 2014 and stayed at Sports. Can someone please remind me what bathroom amenities there are available? Shampoo, Conditioner, Soaps, Hair Dryer? Also, if you opt to skip housekeeping, do they replace your towels everyday? Thanks in advance!

Yes, to all the shampoo, conditioner and soaps. Also a Hair Dryer in a bag will be somewhere.

It is my understanding if you skip housekeeping, you just have to call when you want new towels and amenities.

I know many of the resorts have changed to shampoo, conditioner dispensers in the shower, but I am not sure if Sports have gotten those, yet.

20 more days until we arrive at All Star Sports!! :yay:

Does anyone know if pool noodles are allowed in the pools?
I don’t want to try to squish them in our suitcases for no reason :P lol

I received an email from Disney about what is permitted at Resort pools and the Water Parks. I thought I’d share it with you all:

“The following items are permitted at Walt Disney World® Water Parks:
1) Plastic Goggles that do not cover the nose.
2) Swimmers aid devices attached to the body. (Parents need to stay within arm's length of the child.)
3) Coast Guard personal flotation devices (PFD), water wings, and flotation sewn into the bathing suit are permitted in shallow water. (Shallow water is defined as chest deep on the Guest responsible for the child wearing the swimmer's aid, and is generally four feet of water or less.)

The following items are not permitted at Walt Disney World® Water Parks or Resort swimming pools:

Rafts
Snorkels
Masks
Fins
Swim attire with rivets, buckles, or exposed metal
Fun noodles
Beach Balls
Tubes
Kick boards

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Phoenix Frankston
eCommerce Sales and Service Team”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter