Disney Visa email gc offer for DVC 'phone tour'

I'm a card holder and only called because I saw this thread. I made the phone call Sept 8 and was on the phone for a total of 13 minutes including the time it took to give my name and info, on hold while they transferred me to a rep and then our conversation. (I paid attention to the call length since you all said it wasn't very long). 2 weeks later I received a large packet of DVC info, a phone call the same day from my rep that I didn't answer because I was at work and the gift card in a 8x10 DVC envelope yesterday the 28th. Very painless way to make $40 for my trip in November!

Wow, it seems like the people who called earlier still haven't received anything and the ones that call more recently have!

I called 8/5. Received GC 9/2 and then another 9/25 so no complaints here plus the first arrived within the time line given.

I called 8/8 and am still waiting. I called a week ago and they said due to the overwhelming response, it was backordered and I'd have to wait another 4 weeks. I will call again soon.

I called 8/8 and am still waiting. I called a week ago and they said due to the overwhelming response, it was backordered and I'd have to wait another 4 weeks. I will call again soon.
Yeah- it is crazy. Really doesnt make sense that those who called recently got theirs- but not those who called a while ago. So the back order explanation really doesnt make sense. If there truly is a shortage- the older calls should be filled first. FIFO method- first in first out...

Yeah- it is crazy. Really doesnt make sense that those who called recently got theirs- but not those who called a while ago. So the back order explanation really doesnt make sense. If there truly is a shortage- the older calls should be filled first. FIFO method- first in first out...
How does one get this email or letter offer? I’ve never gotten one.

How does one get this email or letter offer? I’ve never gotten one.

This one was an e-mail directly from Chase Disney Visa to a targeted group of card holders. I got a similar offer directly from Disney a few years ago.

Spoke with a very nice CM this afternoon. He assured me that I am in their system and my gift card was requested. He said what other posters have reported: that they have been overwhelmed by the response and ran out of gift cards. Therefore the original 4-6 week wait is now much longer. He said that if I don't receive a card by November, then I should call back. Also, he said that because Disney Visa knows that the offer code was shared online to unauthorized recipients, the offer is ending. So even though we mean well when we try to share the codes to people who didn't get the emails, it doesn't always help to do so.

Spoke with a very nice CM this afternoon. He assured me that I am in their system and my gift card was requested. He said what other posters have reported: that they have been overwhelmed by the response and ran out of gift cards. Therefore the original 4-6 week wait is now much longer. He said that if I don't receive a card by November, then I should call back. Also, he said that because Disney Visa knows that the offer code was shared online to unauthorized recipients, the offer is ending. So even though we mean well when we try to share the codes to people who didn't get the emails, it doesn't always help to do so.

When my sister called last week they said 2-4 weeks. So I guess I'll tell her to not be concerned if she doesn't get it in that time frame.
Hmm come to think of it she hasn't received the package yet either and mine came fairly quickly.

And yes I agree personally I believe we should not be sharing the info that is supposed to be for a targeted group (my sister and I both received the email). I feel like it is unfair if that group is then left out because too many people not in the targeted group felt like they had the right to it.

It's just my opinion.
No hard feeling towards anyone but just because you "can" doesn't mean you should.

When my sister called last week they said 2-4 weeks. So I guess I'll tell her to not be concerned if she doesn't get it in that time frame.
Hmm come to think of it she hasn't received the package yet either and mine came fairly quickly.

And yes I agree personally I believe we should not be sharing the info that is supposed to be for a targeted group (my sister and I both received the email). I feel like it is unfair if that group is then left out because too many people not in the targeted group felt like they had the right to it.

It's just my opinion.
No hard feeling towards anyone but just because you "can" doesn't mean you should.

I totally agree. While we all love to get something free (especially Disney gift cards!!!), people do need to be cautious about the offers they share publicly (not directed at anyone in particular -- just a general statement). This offer was very obviously directed at a targeted market -- it wasn't just posted on a website or blog as a general public offering. It was personalized e-mails. Because of all the sharing of this offer, many people who legitimately received the offer had to jump through hoops to be able to participate and because the offer is ending early, some people who should be able to participate won't be able to. I'm sure those who were not part of the targeted audience who have received the gift cards wouldn't be happy if the shoe was on the other foot. Not to mention, sharing a targeted offer with the general public skews the information that Disney is trying to gather by doing this promotion. Say this study was targeted at (I'm going to use totally made up numbers here) Disney Visa Card holders who charged at least $50k to their Disney Visa Card each year over the last 3 years to see if those people are more likely to purchase DVC if they receive a special invitation rather than to approach Disney on their own. Now you throw in hundreds of people who don't meet those spending terms and are only doing the promotion to get the free gift card and it totally skews the findings. And wastes a lot of money that Disney spent to set up and administrate the offer. They may have only sent this offer out to 2,000 people (again, making up numbers) knowing that maybe half of those people would respond over the 2 month period. Breaking that down even further, that would mean an extra 15 phone calls a day. So they make sure they have 2 extra CMs on call duty each day for those 2 months. But now, the offer gets shared with thousands of other people who didn't really receive the offer and now you've got another 10-20 calls on top of the anticipated 15 calls each day. And it just snowballs from there. Now Disney realizes that they've already received more phone calls than the number of offers originally sent out...and they're only 2 weeks in to the promotion. So now they've got to figure out how to verify that each person calling in is entitled to this offer. More work...more time....more money....and frustrated CM's who are tired of weeding out the legitimate callers.

I hope this isn't the end of these types of deals. We're a family who is on the fence about purchasing DVC. One of these times *something* will push us over the edge and entice us to purchase. But I doubt we will pursue it on our own -- it will take Disney coming after us. Which might not happen if this promotion was truly as much of a disaster for Disney as it seems to be and they stop targeting us.

I'm one of the recipients of the actual emails but scoffed at it thinking it coouldn't be that easy. Because this was discussed I decided to make the call and am grateful for the discussion about it for that reason.
I do however agree that it was shared in some circles online to those that not only weren't current Disney Visa holders but also didn't receive the offer. It's a shame that in this day and age many don't consider the consequences of what they believe to be a "harmless" action. I am not pointing fingers at all but I do think we should be mindful of how "theft" occurs in our daily lives whether how "innocent" it sounds or not.
I actually feel guiilty I got a second gift card while others still are waiting - how did that happen at all ? I do hope this won't stop them from doing more promotions in the future as others have stated to those who were targeted.

My gift card finally came!

Date I called: 8/8/17
Date gift card arrived: 10/3/17

Date of the letter that the gift card was attached to: 9/25/17

But hooray! And it says it is for $40.

8 minutes... I ignored the email previously, but called because of this thread tonight. I was already in the system after looking at Aulani a couple years ago. So we just chatted while he put the code in the computer for me. He said I'll get the packet in a week and the gift card in two weeks, and in 30 days I am in DL! You guys are the bestest! :banana:

Okay, how in the heck do you guys get Disney Visa emails? I NEVER get them. Sales on rooms for Disney visa cardholders? Nope. DVC info with $40 gc? Nope. I feel left out!

Okay, how in the heck do you guys get Disney Visa emails? I NEVER get them. Sales on rooms for Disney visa cardholders? Nope. DVC info with $40 gc? Nope. I feel left out!
Every time you ever see a box on any Disney website, form, survey, etc that says check here to receive promotional emails....check the box. Always always always opt in for their mailing lists. And if you have more than 1 email address, try to get them both on the list. I have one address linked to my DLR account, my WDW account, my DVC account, my Disney Visa, my annual pass, my Disney Rewards & every other conceivable Disney account under the sun. And somehow I still manage to occasionally receive different promotional emails to another address of mine that never come to my main account.

Maybe because Disney has realized that the person linked to my main email already drank the Kool-aid & signed over their 1st born. Whereas my 2nd email address isn’t linked to much, so it must appear to have a lot of earning potential for them.

Check your spam. Occasionally I find some of my Disney Visa e-mails in there. Many of the offers may be targeted to certain groups based on spending amounts and where they spend their money. My most recent (in the last 2 months) offers from Disney Visa were a Broadway ticket offer (can't remember which show) that I probably got because we live within a few hundred miles of NYC and have been there numerous times -- using our Disney Visa for purchases there. We got the DVC offer possibly because they can tell by our spending habits that we've been to Disney numerous times *and* they know our income (or at least the amount we share with them to allow them to determine our credit limit) so we may fall in the demographic of typical potential DVC owners. We got the room discount offer yesterday possibly because, again, they can see we've been to Disney several times but we haven't been there in over a year. Someone (not saying this applies to you) who rarely uses their card doesn't give Chase enough data to qualify them for offers. That's just my guess on things and I could be completely wrong. It could just be random. :D

I'm one of the recipients of the actual emails but scoffed at it thinking it coouldn't be that easy. Because this was discussed I decided to make the call and am grateful for the discussion about it for that reason.
I do however agree that it was shared in some circles online to those that not only weren't current Disney Visa holders but also didn't receive the offer. It's a shame that in this day and age many don't consider the consequences of what they believe to be a "harmless" action. I am not pointing fingers at all but I do think we should be mindful of how "theft" occurs in our daily lives whether how "innocent" it sounds or not.
I actually feel guiilty I got a second gift card while others still are waiting - how did that happen at all ? I do hope this won't stop them from doing more promotions in the future as others have stated to those who were targeted.
Did you at least call them and let me know that you received 2 gift cards?

It's just my opinion.
Did you call them and let them know that you received 2 gift cards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter