Disney Visa email gc offer for DVC 'phone tour'

Did you call them and let them know that you received 2 gift cards?

No I didn't bother.
I'm sure they would have said the same thing that they said to someone else of "ok well keep it as a bonus".
I'm sure they wouldn't have asked me to send it back.
I took it as pixie dust for the things I'm currently dealing with with not knowing if my mom has cancer or not.

Did you at least call them and let me know that you received 2 gift cards?

I haven't yet because i'm not sure who to contact and also it hasn't been highest on my priority list due to other more pending real life stuff that needs my attention.
I'm going to try and dig out the email because I figure that's the best source to address it.

Legally anything sent to you in the mail, even as a mistake, is yours to keep if it was addressed to you. I learned this when I tried to call Target a couple years ago at Christmas when they mailed me two ipod touches instead of one. I was put on hold, and they came back and told me the extra was mine for no charge, and told me to have a Merry Christmas.

Legally anything sent to you in the mail, even as a mistake, is yours to keep if it was addressed to you. I learned this when I tried to call Target a couple years ago at Christmas when they mailed me two ipod touches instead of one. I was put on hold, and they came back and told me the extra was mine for no charge, and told me to have a Merry Christmas.

This is good to know.
A couple years ago I ordered some jeans from TORRID and I was sent the wrong order.
It was addressed to me but had the name of another person on the packing slip.
I called to let them know and ask where my stuff was.
They sent me my items and I had asked for a shipping label so I could mail the wrong items back with no additional cost to me.
They said no problem. Problem was I didn't receive one. I called again. Again no problem and again never got one. I called a third time. again I was not sent one.
After about 2 months I happened to be going to TORRID in the mall so I brought the items and was "bad" but I think justified in saying that I'd like to return these items but I do not have the packing slip. I was given store credit.
Knowing now that I had every right to do what I wanted with the items I don't feel bad.

While I’m super stoked for those of you that have received two gift cards, I’m pretty disappointed that I haven’t got one yet...I did the phone tour pretty early on, too....

I posted this thread to let people who got the email know that it was easy and painless and not to be afraid of calling. I apologize for accidentally promoting 'cheating the system,' but on the other hand, I thought Disney would have had a way to filter those who actually received the offer from those who just wanted the gc. I have tried calling when my sister received Disney offers and I didn't but they would never let me have the discount or whatever was in the offer without providing proof that I was the one that received it. Most of the offers I've seen in the past had a personal code or some method of identifying the targeted person. I also was one of the very first callers and one of the very last to receive my gc. Go figure.

I posted this thread to let people who got the email know that it was easy and painless and not to be afraid of calling. I apologize for accidentally promoting 'cheating the system,' but on the other hand, I thought Disney would have had a way to filter those who actually received the offer from those who just wanted the gc. I have tried calling when my sister received Disney offers and I didn't but they would never let me have the discount or whatever was in the offer without providing proof that I was the one that received it. Most of the offers I've seen in the past had a personal code or some method of identifying the targeted person. I also was one of the very first callers and one of the very last to receive my gc. Go figure.

No blame towards you.
I was very happy the thread was started because I received the email and thought to myself ugh are they going to be pushy about it but then saw this and another thread and realized they aren't at all pushy. Just give you the info in a nice way and you can do with it what you want and get a gift card as well.
That's why I decided to call.
I just don't think that people that very clearly did not receive the email should have been given all the info they needed to call.

I very much appreciated the thread. I received the email but honestly wouldn't have even thought about calling, so thank you!

I, too, received the offer but likely would not have called......so thank you DizMe for posting this thread! I am surprised that people were able to horn in on the offer without proof that they had gotten the e-mail!

I agree with Queen of the WDW Scene -- I certainly don't think you are at fault. You legitimately received the offer and shared your experience so that others who legitimately received the offer who might be apprehensive of it (wondering if it's real, wondering how much of a sales pitch there was going to be, etc.) would know that it's a relatively painless process. I'll admit that the first time I received a similar offer to this one, I was very apprehensive about doing it -- fearing it would be a hard sell and there would be constant follow-up phone calls. It was because of a post like yours where someone talked about how easy it was that I decided to do it.

The people that I'm upset with are not from this thread. I saw posts on this board as well as others where people would say (paraphrased generalization here): "I didn't get the Disney Visa DVC offer -- I don't even have a card, but I called and acted like I did but that I couldn't find the e-mail anymore. They let me take the tour and I got a gift card. Everyone should do this -- it's free money!". While I did see a few posts on this thread that were along that line, it seemed like the mods were very quick to delete them. I really hope that in the future Disney makes it much more difficult/impossible for those not specifically targeted for an offer to jump in on it.

Oh my goodness! I got a second GC too! I'm not one to get pixie dusted often so I'll just be happy and next time I'm at the parks I'll try to 'pay it forward' in some way.

Friend got her gift card this past weekend. I'm going to ask her for exact information (from the letter and all), but I know she called on 9/22.

Called: 9/22
Received gift card: 10/6 or 10/7 (she texted me this weekend, I forgot what day and I can't find the text so I texted her today to ask and she's like, I told you already, lol)

No idea what the date is on the letter.

So hers was a two week turnaround. UGH (I waited almost 2 months). But still, yay for her.

While I’m super stoked for those of you that have received two gift cards, I’m pretty disappointed that I haven’t got one yet...I did the phone tour pretty early on, too....

Hope you get yours soon! My timeline was:
called: 8/8/17
Gift card arrived: 10/3/17

Date of letter: 9/25/17

So, almost two freakin' months!!! :P And my friend who also got the email but was hesitant to provide her information got hers in two weeks. I was like, girl, you've had an AP for how many years? Disney already has your info (and they did!)

Hope you get yours soon! My timeline was:
called: 8/8/17
Gift card arrived: 10/3/17

Date of letter: 9/25/17

So, almost two freakin' months!!! :P And my friend who also got the email but was hesitant to provide her information got hers in two weeks. I was like, girl, you've had an AP for how many years? Disney already has your info (and they did!)
Yes, it really did seem like the first to call were the last to get their gift cards. It's a very ineffecient system!

When I called this last time and told the CM that I took the phone tour in August, he was really surprised. He checked my info to verify and then apologized for the long delay. I'm still waiting...

Took the tour 08/10, finally got my gift card last week...then another one today. Crazy good timing as we leave for DL tomorrow for a few days, followed by Halloween on the High Seas aboard Disney Wonder for a week. Shouldn't be too hard to spend $80!

LOL. Took the tour in mid-August. Finally got my gift card yesterday, Friday the 13th! Wasn't such an unlucky day after all!

ETA: Letter was dated 10/06.

Last edited:
I called on the 3rd of October and got my card on the 12th... it came in a big flat envelope in the regular mail... so don’t overlook it by mistake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter