Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I think people are worried about the potential for stopping and the reduced airflow when stopped.

When you’re walking around outside, and you feel too hot, you can go into an air conditioned building. You’re in control. That’s the difference.
But people do have control. As this is a genuine concern of some people then just don’t choose to ride the gondolas on days/at times when this could be a concern.

Nobody is being forced to take this type of transportation. Buses and boats with AC are still available.

We all still have choices and I plan to choose the option that works best at the moment for me and my family.

But people do have control. As this is a genuine concern of some people then just don’t choose to ride the gondolas on days/at times when this could be a concern.

Nobody is being forced to take this type of transportation. Buses and boats with AC are still available.

We all still have choices and I plan to choose the option that works best at the moment for me and my family.

Of course people shouldn’t ride if they are concerned. But that wasn’t the question.

I was just responding with a reason to the poster who said they didn’t understand why someone might avoid riding the gondola for 5 minutes if the temperature was the same outside.

The vocal minority aside, people are going to ride the Skyliner in droves and never think twice about cabin temps, heights, or sitting with randos. It's just transportation to most people. Sure there will still be buses but I'd expect less frequently which means longer waits in the sun or rain to ride them. If my choice is waiting 30 min out in the sun for an air conditioned bus to arrive or being back in my resort room in 30min via the Skyliner I know which one I'll pick. Skyliner will be the de-facto transportation to/from any location that supports it.

Just an observation about gondola's. I used one this past weekend to go up to Wild Cat Mt. Gorgeous view of the presidential range! But...we had a hot spell, which for us was hot, 85 degrees. It was HOT in the gondola's. I didn't like it. But as the poster said, you get to choose. I don't do Disney in the Summer and I really don't care how cold they are in the Winter. For me, anything is better than suffocating in the heat. Just saying.

Perhaps I missed it. Does anyone know if the Riviera station will be open when the Skyliner opens?
Yes, on one of the videos they confirmed that station would be available.

just to add, it was on the map that those doing the preview rides were given stating that it would open on Sept 29th (so indicating you can't get off/on during these previews) and specifically mentioned that guests staying at Caribbean Beach can elect to use that station starting Sept 29th ... I wasn't sure if they would open it prior to the Riviera being open but that is good for people staying at locations at CBR that are closer to that station vs the Trinidad station

Just an observation about gondola's. I used one this past weekend to go up to Wild Cat Mt. Gorgeous view of the presidential range! But...we had a hot spell, which for us was hot, 85 degrees. It was HOT in the gondola's. I didn't like it. But as the poster said, you get to choose. I don't do Disney in the Summer and I really don't care how cold they are in the Winter. For me, anything is better than suffocating in the heat. Just saying.

This Gondola? https://www.skiwildcat.com/scenic-gondola/

Not sure you can really compare the two, as that does not look to have the same venting to deal with the Florida heat.

Thanks for sharing. As a BWV owner, I have a little anxiety re the effects the gondolas might have to our current enjoyment of the resort. I also have a fear of heights and closed spaces, especially if it is a hot enclosed space (fear of suffocation). Seeing these videos was the first time I could see how it could be cool to ride one at night.

not sure if you watched the video of the Passport to the Parks where he got his first ride but he has some fears of heights and found that he was fairly comfortable in the gonodola and it felt open and not that high, etc.

Obviously everyone is different but at least one report of a person with some concerns of the height that felt ok with them

not sure if you watched the video of the Passport to the Parks where he got his first ride but he has some fears of heights and found that he was fairly comfortable in the gonodola and it felt open and not that high, etc.

Obviously everyone is different but at least one report of a person with some concerns of the height that felt ok with them
I've only watched Brayden's video. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
While the video is quite long (and I enjoyed watching it all) the portion you're looking for is right after they leave the first station and his summary at the very end. (Sorry, I don't have exact times with me and cannot see video at work).

Wildcat really does have a tremendous view. But their summer Gondola doesn’t really have the airflow to keep them cool, since in NH it’s not really necessary, AC isn’t very common up there. Sometimes they get snow in July. I wouldn’t let that experience push you from at least trying the Skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter