Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Does anyone know the times they will be running ? Such as 8am-11pm. Or will it depend on park hours? If this has been posted I can't find it. Thanks

Does anyone know the times they will be running ? Such as 8am-11pm. Or will it depend on park hours? If this has been posted I can't find it. Thanks
Yes they've been posted but it won't let me post the link. just google Disney skyliner operating hours.

This was posted a few pages back:
Some sites have released initial hours
https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/09/walt-disney-world-releases-operating.html?m=1CBR to DHS will be 5:45am-11pm in Sept and Oct.
CBR to Epcot will be 8a-10p (so it won’t be an early option for BW/BC guests)
No hours yet for Pop / AoA to CBR

If you missed the video the gondolas are same as outdoor temp moving. Warmer when stopped.
The report I saw read the same 91o inside the gondola and outdoors. The breeze stopped when the gondola stopped but in their case the actual temperature in the cabin did not rise.

If you missed the video the gondolas are same as outdoor temp moving. Warmer when stopped.
Yikes. Well, it was argued about enough on this board and now we know for sure. There goes the theory of all those who defended the natural, vented 'cooling' system.

This is a big negative for me. Can't imagine how it would feel to be stuck in one of those for an extended period of time upon break-down.

Last edited:

Yikes. Well, it was argued about enough on this board and now we know for sure. There goes the theory of all those who defended the natural, vented 'cooling' system.

This is a big negative for me. Can't imagine how it would feel to be stuck in one of those for an extended period of time upon break-down.

This, my friends, is what we call confirmation bias. Yikes indeed. Multiple reports that the ventilation and passive cooling work great, including the one report (we know of) where after a 6 minute stoppage, temperature fluctuated up from 91 to 92 degrees.

https://attractionsmagazine.com/we-...-hot-florida-sun-heres-what-you-need-to-know/
This is not the death oven you're looking for...

This, my friends, is what we call confirmation bias. Yikes indeed. Multiple reports that the ventilation and passive cooling work great, including the one report (we know of) where after a 6 minute stoppage, temperature fluctuated up from 91 to 92 degrees.

https://attractionsmagazine.com/we-...-hot-florida-sun-heres-what-you-need-to-know/
I've heard from multiple sources today that the cabins are pretty warm, and feel warmer when stopped. More sources are saying the cabins are warm than the opposite that I've heard. For me, if "passive cooling" means the cabins are the exact same temperature as outside (80 or 90 degrees), that's not cooling. That's just sitting outside in Florida. So, a claim by Disney that it has "passive cooling" is pretty misleading.

Not looking to start an argument, though. If there are those that find 80 / 90 / 100 degree Florida temperatures "cool," than good for them. As a Canadian, I love anything with actual A/C when traveling to Florida ;)

Or we can differ and decide to ride something with air conditioning. 90 degrees is not a fun break between parks.

For me, if "passive cooling" means the cabins are the exact same temperature as outside (80 or 90 degrees), that's not cooling. That's just sitting outside in Florida. So, a claim by Disney that it has "passive cooling" is pretty misleading.

You're ignoring evaporative cooling as wind passes over skin in the cabin. It doesn't make the air cooler on a thermometer, it cools you, the person. "Wind chill."

Or we can differ and decide to ride something with air conditioning. 90 degrees is not a fun break between parks.

Then ride something different. There's options. But something "with air conditioning" like an overpacked bus where you can't feel the A/C but can feel the 98 degrees of body heat from the people you're sandwiched between? I'll take the breeze in the Skyliner.

I've heard from multiple sources today that the cabins are pretty warm, and feel warmer when stopped. More sources are saying the cabins are warm than the opposite that I've heard. For me, if "passive cooling" means the cabins are the exact same temperature as outside (80 or 90 degrees), that's not cooling. That's just sitting outside in Florida. So, a claim by Disney that it has "passive cooling" is pretty misleading.

Think of it like you were sitting outside on one of the boats going from Wilderness Lodge to MK, the temperature never changes from when you sitting there waiting for the boat. But, the breeze from the movement of the boat across the water feels a whole lot better than back on that hot dock.

Think of it like you were sitting outside on one of the boats going from Wilderness Lodge to MK, the temperature never changes from when you sitting there waiting for the boat. But, the breeze from the movement of the boat across the water feels a whole lot better than back on that hot dock.

This. I was wondering if they'd actually measure warmer or if the breeze stopping is why people thought they got warmer.

This. I was wondering if they'd actually measure warmer or if the breeze stopping is why people thought they got warmer.

I believe someone actually had a thermometer and said it went from 91 to 92 for a six minute stop in the sun.

Go watch Mickey views with Brayden. He uses an actual thermometer and shows that the temperature does go up when it stops. He describes it as sitting on a bench with a breeze if moving. I usually go in the cooler off season but if I was there during the summer I would spend the $10 to get a lyft.

I just read the past 15 pages or so, but I'm not sure if saw a definitive answer on double strollers riding unfolded. We have a citi mini GT double, and would move skyliner resorts up on our list of possibilities if we knew we could roll it on without folding it like we do the monorail resorts. If we can, and there don't end up being long lines, we might have a new section of resorts we would consider beyond monorail resorts and Epcot resorts until our 2 yr old twins are old enough to leave the stroller behind. I did see the posted size restrictions, but was having trouble being sure even with a google search that the citi mini GT double was under those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter