Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Has anyone seen operating hours for the line from Pop/AoA yet? Trying to make sure I didn’t miss it. Not sure why it wouldn’t have been listed when others were?

Just an observation about gondola's. I used one this past weekend to go up to Wild Cat Mt. Gorgeous view of the presidential range! But...we had a hot spell, which for us was hot, 85 degrees. It was HOT in the gondola's. I didn't like it. But as the poster said, you get to choose. I don't do Disney in the Summer and I really don't care how cold they are in the Winter. For me, anything is better than suffocating in the heat. Just saying.

I'm going to guess a ski resort gondola doesn't have 7 vents and ceramic tint that rejects solar heat gain like the Skyliner does.

Each of us will choose the option that works best for us.

I will still choose a continually loading gondola with tinted windows over waiting in the FL sun for a bus.
Talk about misleading. If you're going to a Disney resort, you aren't standing in the sun. Every single bus station is shaded.

not sure if you watched the video of the Passport to the Parks where he got his first ride but he has some fears of heights and found that he was fairly comfortable in the gonodola and it felt open and not that high, etc.

Obviously everyone is different but at least one report of a person with some concerns of the height that felt ok with them
I think comfort level would depend on how many people are in the gondola. Obviously the more people, the more claustrophobic it will seem.

Yes, that is the one. They have two little windows that slide down on the doors and one small hole in the roof. Very Hot...and it wasn't as hot as Florida.

Then no wonder it was a hot box. It just isn't designed for that climate. The windows and vent are in the completely wrong place to provide the passive cooling that the Gondola's used by Disney use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter