Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I've heard the gondolas have stopped anywhere from 3 minutes to 6 minutes. I'm assuming to let handicap people board.

When handicap board do they stop the whole thing. I thought they boarded them on the two gondolas off to the side. Then added them to the line.

I've heard the gondolas have stopped anywhere from 3 minutes to 6 minutes. I'm assuming to let handicap people board.

When handicap board do they stop the whole thing. I thought they boarded them on the two gondolas off to the side. Then added them to the line.
Nope that’s not the case. They don’t stop the line for ADA. ADA loads in the separate load. You can see the two loading areas in several videos.

Nope that’s not the case. They don’t stop the line for ADA. ADA loads in the separate load. You can see the two loading areas in several videos.
Is that true for the Riviera stop? I remember seeing in that one live stream there was the "creep" (where it didn't look like the gondolas were actually moving) that took several minutes at the Riviera stop. CM mentioned something about loading ADA, I think.

Is that true for the Riviera stop? I remember seeing in that one live stream there was the "creep" (where it didn't look like the gondolas were actually moving) that took several minutes at the Riviera stop. CM mentioned something about loading ADA, I think.
Riviera is the only station that does not have a separate load unload for ADA. That station can slow down much more and stop if need be.

Riviera is the only station that does not have a separate load unload for ADA. That station can slow down much more and stop if need be.
Do we know how ADA loading/unloading at Riviera would that impact the whole CBR <-------> Epcot line?

Do we know how ADA loading/unloading at Riviera would that impact the whole CBR <-------> Epcot line?

It generally shouldn't ... There is more "runway"/in station length at that station to allow them to bring the cabs to a near stop while off the cables without impacting the rest of the line. I belive if there is some issue or delay they can slow or stop the line but should be the exception

It shouldn’t have a huge impact. Especially because right now Riviera isn’t open and one would assume very few ADA loading would need to happen there until it does.

It shouldn’t have a huge impact. Especially because right now Riviera isn’t open and one would assume very few ADA loading would need to happen there until it does.
Sure, but on December 16, 300 rooms enter the system for that station. I guess it's like the monorail with its manual ramps; it happens, people deal.

No manual ramps, the gondolas and floors are flush.
Oh, no. I meant the monorails have their manual ramps for the ECVs, and that doesn’t cripple the system. I’m guessing it shouldn’t be too big an issue with the gondolas in terms of just dealing with the additional load/unload times.

I'm thinking how nice it will be to use these to enter Epcot from the International Gateway instead of meandering through the construction happening in the former Future World right now, especially for those going mostly or only for the festival.

And it will be nice to have the extra mode of transportation if crowds significantly swell in 2021 for the 50th, too.

If someone is going to avoid a gondola ride because they’re afraid it might get stuck for a bit then I hope they’re also avoiding all of the roller coasters.
And I hope to not see any of them on the monorail that thing is old the AC dose not work well ( and when it breaks not at all) and it breaks down a lot

If someone is going to avoid a gondola ride because they’re afraid it might get stuck for a bit then I hope they’re also avoiding all of the roller coasters.
Im not sure that’s a fair comparison. In most cases, a cm has easy access to you on a rollercoaster and can manually unlock your lap bar pretty quickly when necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter