Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I just read the past 15 pages or so, but I'm not sure if saw a definitive answer on double strollers riding unfolded. We have a citi mini GT double, and would move skyliner resorts up on our list of possibilities if we knew we could roll it on without folding it like we do the monorail resorts. If we can, and there don't end up being long lines, we might have a new section of resorts we would consider beyond monorail resorts and Epcot resorts until our 2 yr old twins are old enough to leave the stroller behind. I did see the posted size restrictions, but was having trouble being sure even with a google search that the citi mini GT double was under those.
At 29.5 inches, it should be fine, by .5 inches.

https://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-mini-gt-double-stroller-shadow-black.html

I just read the past 15 pages or so, but I'm not sure if saw a definitive answer on double strollers riding unfolded. We have a citi mini GT double, and would move skyliner resorts up on our list of possibilities if we knew we could roll it on without folding it like we do the monorail resorts. If we can, and there don't end up being long lines, we might have a new section of resorts we would consider beyond monorail resorts and Epcot resorts until our 2 yr old twins are old enough to leave the stroller behind. I did see the posted size restrictions, but was having trouble being sure even with a google search that the citi mini GT double was under those.
It need to be less than 30” x48” to roll on
A5C59CE0-9179-4C18-AEE8-F04A7A4C98D3.png

With the pending opening of the Skyliner, I assume this thread will soon either be moved or closed. This will be bittersweet for me because I'll be happy the Skyliner is open, but this thread has been my favorite of the last couple years.

So, before it's gone, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that contributed info, asked questions (even the repetitive ones) and also participated in the discussions/arguing. And a big thanks to @rteetz for keeping us on track!

Surely this thread won’t close soon! We’re just beginning to get information (& opinions) about the interior comfort when it’s running and when it’s stopped, and we’ll need lots of reports of what happens with wind and lightning before we can put that issue to rest, right? I certainly hope so — this is my favorite thread!

And I too thank @rteetz and all the other contributors. I’ve learned some very interesting things!

I see, it probably reduces sun/heat a bit as well.

But kinda hated it last night on the monorail, so hoping it's a better design or as mentioned get an occasional cabin without. And agree getting A to B is the main point.

Plus if there's been no complaints it must not be bad.
This was discussed a long time ago, but the wraps are worse for heat. The wraps absorb solar radiation (IR and Visible Light) instead of reflecting it. This causes the glass to heat up and radiate that heat. However, there is so much airflow around the glass I doubt it makes any real difference when in use.

The report I saw read the same 91o inside the gondola and outdoors. The breeze stopped when the gondola stopped but in their case the actual temperature in the cabin did not rise.
Someone really needs to invest in a wet bulb globe thermometer and get some meaningful measurements. Problem with sending Vlogers to do an engineer's job ;).

The same 91 dry bulb feels very different in the sun, shade, with wind, no wind, hot surfaces nearby, etc. WBGT measures all those things and gives a real measure of comfort.

Yikes. Well, it was argued about enough on this board and now we know for sure. There goes the theory of all those who defended the natural, vented 'cooling' system.

This is a big negative for me. Can't imagine how it would feel to be stuck in one of those for an extended period of time upon break-down.
Passive cooling can NOT reduce dry bulb or wet bulb temperature, any one that thought it would doesn't understand the physics involved. The passive cooling does prevent a build up of heat and provides a wind chill effect. It also prevents the surfaces from heating up, keeping them from feeling like a radiator. While these are in movement the comfort will be much better than standing outside without shade and should feel better than standing in the shade as well, as long as you aren't matching the wind speed and direction.

As per Ryno on todays show at 58:40..there is a cooling unit in each gondola for emergency use if a line stops for evacuation, which could take up to 3-4 hours.
Not sure but would be interesting to confirm that...

Someone really needs to invest in a wet bulb globe thermometer and get some meaningful measurements. Problem with sending Vlogers to do an engineer's job ;).

The same 91 dry bulb feels very different in the sun, shade, with wind, no wind, hot surfaces nearby, etc. WBGT measures all those things and gives a real measure of comfort.

Are you coming anytime soon? I love scientific data!

I don't understand why someone would avoid riding in a Gondola for 5 minutes even if it is the same temp as outside. The same outside they are walking around in all day while at the parks.

Not to mention waiting for the bus. They aren't all in shade. But even if they are, why would you want to wait for the bus for 20+ minutes then take the 20+ minute bus ride when you can be at your destination in less than half the time?

Are you coming anytime soon? I love scientific data!
Unfortunately, I was there the week before labor day and won't be again until ~December, 2020 (slowing down my visits due to the AP price increases).

I was going to bring a WBGT if the Skyliner was going to open. I thought it would be fun to measure on the Gondolas and also places like TSL and AK.

I don't understand why someone would avoid riding in a Gondola for 5 minutes even if it is the same temp as outside. The same outside they are walking around in all day while at the parks.
I think people are worried about the potential for stopping and the reduced airflow when stopped.

When you’re walking around outside, and you feel too hot, you can go into an air conditioned building. You’re in control. That’s the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter