Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, for sure, a lot happened - it was a very good episode - but just left me wanting more at the end

Like, his mission was to find a Jedi, he found one, and now it is, well no, just keep going ... guess i just wished for something more than "ok, you did this task, now by doing so you find out about the next tiny piece of your task."

I am sure a lot of it was my expectations for the episode was skyhigh and I wanted it to be perfect and, to me, it fell short of that - doesn't' mean I didn't think it was very good

I mean, a "very good" episode of the Mandelorian is still better than like 99% of other Star Wars stuff out there - just not on board with those saying it was the best episode ever, etc.

I can understand if it fell short of expectations, but
the day the journey is over is the day the show ends. If there was more resolution to the 'find the jedi task' the show is over. I was very excited for the backstory, I didn't think we'd ever learn where Yadda came from or what had happened to him. I"m still curious if there is more story on who escaped with him, sounds like not many were able to escape.

just to add a positive take on this episode of Mano

I absolutely love the music in - even more so than I normally do for this show ... I got so many hints/connections to the old Star Wars theme, and especially the Return of the Jedi version of it (more string instruments, etc.) which fits perfectly with this taking place on a "forest moon" and the start of a brighter future for said forest moon

The fact that they got someone to follow up to John Williams and this person actually kills it is sort of mind blowing

I can understand if it fell short of expectations, but
the day the journey is over is the day the show ends. If there was more resolution to the 'find the jedi task' the show is over. I was very excited for the backstory, I didn't think we'd ever learn where Yadda came from or what had happened to him. I"m still curious if there is more story on who escaped with him, sounds like not many were able to escape.
I don’t know, I would actually still greatly enjoy the show if the child chase ended say after this season and the show pivoted to more of a bounty hunter type of show. With Mando traveling around collecting various bounties. Maybe checking on the child a few time (since he totally is the money maker Merch wise for this show). But I think I will tire of the constant searching episode after episode. And as someone with no ties to Rebels or Clone Wars this episode wasn’t as special as others have said (Yes I caved and watched today instead of waiting for Sunday or so). It was still a really good episode, and I loved the mention of Thrawn as he’s my favorite EU character, but otherwise it was jut a continuation of the search, except this time it had a character with lightsabers show up.

I don’t know, I would actually still greatly enjoy the show if the child chase ended say after this season and the show pivoted to more of a bounty hunter type of show. With Mando traveling around collecting various bounties. Maybe checking on the child a few time (since he totally is the money maker Merch wise for this show). But I think I will tire of the constant searching episode after episode. And as someone with no ties to Rebels or Clone Wars this episode wasn’t as special as others have said (Yes I caved and watched today instead of waiting for Sunday or so). It was still a really good episode, and I loved the mention of Thrawn as he’s my favorite EU character, but otherwise it was jut a continuation of the search, except this time it had a character with lightsabers show up.
Unfortunately with how this show has been set up I would be very bored if they kicked Grogu to the curb and just followed Mando on various bounties. This is the Star Wars universe. You tie everything together. No you don’t need the Skywalker obviously but having Thrawn, Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, etc. show up adds everything and more. Grogu is no longer just a baby with some force wielding. He has a past, a name, a story. Mando himself has spun off and is building into a character that doesn’t need bounties. He has feelings. He has attachment. As Ahsoka said today, he’s a father figure to Grogu. This show is bringing the Star Wars universe to be more marvel-esque with interwoven stories.

Surprised no one has talked about black beauty here today. Going to watch it tomorrow night with wife. Tonight going out so probably not tonight. Should be a very good to great movie.

Surprised no one has talked about black beauty here today. Going to watch it tomorrow night with wife. Tonight going out so probably not tonight. Should be a very good to great movie.

I loved the original Black Beauty book and the 1980's UK TV series so I was interested to find out about this new version. However after reading up on it, I have lost interest, as its been Americanised. Updating it I can understand but changing the location and other parts of the story ruins it. Sorry, wont be watching.

I loved the original Black Beauty book and the 1980's UK TV series so I was interested to find out about this new version. However after reading up on it, I have lost interest, as its been Americanised. Updating it I can understand but changing the location and other parts of the story ruins it. Sorry, wont be watching.

I did a book report on black beauty. Long time ago don’t remember much about it.

so I am sure I am going to get hate from the this and I am also 100% sure it was because my expectations were too high ...

... but I was kind of let disappointed in the latest Mano episode

though I did legit squeal when she ask about Thrawn
I watched pretty early this morning. I yelled something don’t remember what when Thrawn was mentioned woke up my wife. If the was any buzz about Thrawn being part this show I thankfully missed it so it was a great surprise. I wish I could have had that same surprise for Bo Katan and Ashoka but they were both spoiled.

So we love D+.. we were excited to share with family yesterday. But they were not loving it like we do. My MIL loves animal shows so we put on animal kingdom esp 2 so we could show her the birds. She said this show is for kids. Is it because we are WDW people and only other people like us get it? Do you think you have to experience AK in person first?
Thanks all for getting me btw

So we love D+.. we were excited to share with family yesterday. But they were not loving it like we do. My MIL loves animal shows so we put on animal kingdom esp 2 so we could show her the birds. She said this show is for kids. Is it because we are WDW people and only other people like us get it? Do you think you have to experience AK in person first?
Thanks all for getting me btw
If she watches other animal shows on Nat Geo Wild or Animal Planet, the AK show is much more kiddie than those. We watch all the zoo shows and while we absolutely love AK, the show can drag a little bit. But for a true Disney fan it’s awesome to see animals that you can then go look for the next time you visit. But I feel the same way watching the Tampa edition of Secrets of the Zoo.

But between the Josh Gad narration and the more aimed at kids interviews with the CMs, I can definitely see people looking at it as more kiddie.

If she watches other animal shows on Nat Geo Wild or Animal Planet, the AK show is much more kiddie than those. We watch all the zoo shows and while we absolutely love AK, the show can drag a little bit. But for a true Disney fan it’s awesome to see animals that you can then go look for the next time you visit. But I feel the same way watching the Tampa edition of Secrets of the Zoo.

But between the Josh Gad narration and the more aimed at kids interviews with the CMs, I can definitely see people looking at it as more kiddie.
I didn't think it was aimed at kids. I thought it was more family for sure but not necessarily for kids. I love seeing behind the scenes things. I am very much deep into secrets of the zoo too.

That’s fair but I think you can’t have some sort of closure here as this isn’t the end of the season and it’s not the end of the series. Ahsoka will be back. She’s too big of a character not to be. I think it will be interesting to see if other Jedi show up.

I thought a lot changed actually. You got a name, you got some backstory. You still have some things left to find out about Grogu’s past. You also have this balance in him where is he trending dark or light? Ahsoka sensed the dark in him for sure and we have seen periods of “darkness” in past episodes.

Thrawn being including also made me super excited. I wonder if we see any other Rebels tie ins now.

We also are prepping for a meeting with by all accounts Boba Fett.

I would imagine episode 14 is another sort of “spin off” episode and then back into the main journey in 15 as Filoni directed that one.

I noticed something on disney plus the other day. If you go into your profile to change your avatar it has some of the rebels, but not all, namely it has ezra, sabine, bo, and thrawn, so I wonder if they are going to show up but not jeb, hera, or kanan because it didn't have profile pictures for them. I did also get pretty excited about thrawn. I wonder if moff Gideon is building those troopers for thrawn or ashoka is just still looking for ezra like at the end of rebels.

oh, for sure, a lot happened - it was a very good episode - but just left me wanting more at the end

Like, his mission was to find a Jedi, he found one, and now it is, well no, just keep going ... guess i just wished for something more than "ok, you did this task, now by doing so you find out about the next tiny piece of your task."

I am sure a lot of it was my expectations for the episode was skyhigh and I wanted it to be perfect and, to me, it fell short of that - doesn't' mean I didn't think it was very good

I mean, a "very good" episode of the Mandelorian is still better than like 99% of other Star Wars stuff out there - just not on board with those saying it was the best episode ever, etc.

I tend to agree with you. It was a great episode and a lot happened but I thought the ending was kind of meh.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with you. It was a great episode and a lot happened but I thought the ending was kind of meh.

I thought they should of showed it. Instead you just got to listen to it. Or maybe what we thought happened didn’t happen.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this one (Thrawn!), and I'm actually glad she sent them on to a potential different Jedi. My only "gripe" was I think Ahsoka would have been a bit more mouthy toward the normal Jedi line. She saw that the old school Jedi way did not work, so it seemed odd that she seemed to tow the same line... but I think the look (she gave Grogu) at the end shows she actually thinks the force has something else to do with Mando. But any which way, I'm enjoying the ride.

I didn't think it was aimed at kids. I thought it was more family for sure but not necessarily for kids. I love seeing behind the scenes things. I am very much deep into secrets of the zoo too.
Yes. Family friendly is a better way to put it. I agree. And I too love the behind the scenes aspects of it as well. Definitely cool!

Unfortunately there will also always be a subset of the population that looks upon anything Disney as kid-like and not for them. I have an uncle that absolutely refuses to watch anything animated because he thinks it’s only a cartoon and made for kids. I’ve tried so many times to get him to watch something Pixar related, to no avail. But he even goes so in depth in his feeling that he refused to watch the season finale of The Blacklist last season (which is one of his favorite shows) because they filled in the unfilmed scenes as animated. So he would totally be in the portion of the population that would look down on anything Disney as kiddie.

Disclaimer: We are only casual SW fans, so do not know all the details and implications of meanings and connections.

Are we the only family that has converted from “Baby Yoda” to “Darth Yoda” with the revelation of his fear and conflict? No? Just us? Everyone is switching to Grogu? Ok......:confused3:cool1:

Disclaimer: We are only casual SW fans, so do not know all the details and implications of meanings and connections.

Are we the only family that has converted from “Baby Yoda” to “Darth Yoda” with the revelation of his fear and conflict? No? Just us? Everyone is switching to Grogu? Ok......:confused3:cool1:
I don't think it was a revelation really. He has had other instances of conflict. He tried to hurt Cara Dune for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter