Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean in general you don't like all the new Mickey Mouse shorts, not just this "series"? If so, I sort of agree. I don't mind the animation style, per se. It works for Ren & Stimpy and Spongebob. But I think using it for Mickey Mouse is a huge mistake. It really drags down the Mickey Mouse "brand". But the shorts themselves do have their moments, as much as I otherwise don't like using this style for Mickey.

Yeah, whatever series, I don't like the art style and agree with what you are saying / how you are saying it

I do like the writing quite often and some of the bags, but would like them a lot more if I liked the art style better

My issue is, if you’re putting it on Disney+, why are you waiting until April? Not saying it’s likely, but what happens if you make that announcement in day December that Black Widow is coming out in April, then we get the vaccine in February and by May people are flocking back to the theaters? You just screwed yourself out of probably 100s of millions of dollars. Just seems like if you’re going to make this type of decision that you put it on streaming as soon as you can

My issue is, if you’re putting it on Disney+, why are you waiting until April? Not saying it’s likely, but what happens if you make that announcement in day December that Black Widow is coming out in April, then we get the vaccine in February and by May people are flocking back to the theaters? You just screwed yourself out of probably 100s of millions of dollars. Just seems like if you’re going to make this type of decision that you put it on streaming as soon as you can
That is a good point. I don’t think they announce it in December and then make it available the next day or something tho either. They are going to market it, get merch out, etc. this is a Marvel movie after all there is a lot that goes with it.

Yeah, things are changing week to week, let all ng month to month. Maybe that is just the thinking for now but they will adjust as they get closer.

Yeah, I think I’m done with Netflix until Stranger Things comes out. There’s rarely anything good on there that I haven’t seen 100 times. If prices keep rising and content continues being spread through even more services, people might start flocking back to cable since it’s going to be too expensive to have all of these streaming services

if Netflix wasn’t with my cable subscription. I don’t think I would be paying for it. Not much on there that I have to watch.

That is a good point. I don’t think they announce it in December and then make it available the next day or something tho either. They are going to market it, get merch out, etc. this is a Marvel movie after all there is a lot that goes with it.

Honestly, my thought process is purely based on taking that rumor seriously that it’s going to be announced on December 10th, so my viewpoint is a little skewed by that. But this promo is obviously meant to drop sometime in the next 6-8 weeks given it’s a preview for 2021 and seems like something that would probably drop during the Christmas Day special (if they have it?) or during one of the Christmas Day NBA games.

That being said, maybe in my mind I just thought the best release date for Black Widow, if it’s released on Disney+ would be New Years Day. Two weeks before WandaVision is plenty of time for people to Rent/Buy/Watch. It also gives them 3 weeks to market the movie, assuming that December 10th announcement date. That’s not much time for theatrical releases, but a home release it’s a good amount of time. Merchandise is already out, or at least most of it is, and it’s been out since March/April.

It was only about 3 weeks between Mulan’s Disney+ announcement and release, iirc and I really hope they don’t think it was that small window being the reason why it didn’t do well because I don’t think that was the case at all and not at all comparable to an interconnected 23rd movie in a franchise.

April just seems awfully conservative with everything that could potentially happen in the next 4.5 months. You’re more likely to catch people unable to go out with potential lockdowns and/or curfews and of course bad weather in early January than you would in April as well. And they’ve got a lot of other MCU/Star Wars content coming out next year that they don’t need to push this back that far, it only further delays some already finished projects like Loki and FatWS.

As far as the promo itself, I can’t say I’m any more thrilled than seeing Enchanted in there.

Honestly, my thought process is purely based on taking that rumor seriously that it’s going to be announced on December 10th, so my viewpoint is a little skewed by that. But this promo is obviously meant to drop sometime in the next 6-8 weeks given it’s a preview for 2021 and seems like something that would probably drop during the Christmas Day special (if they have it?) or during one of the Christmas Day NBA games.

That being said, maybe in my mind I just thought the best release date for Black Widow, if it’s released on Disney+ would be New Years Day. Two weeks before WandaVision is plenty of time for people to Rent/Buy/Watch. It also gives them 3 weeks to market the movie, assuming that December 10th announcement date. That’s not much time for theatrical releases, but a home release it’s a good amount of time. Merchandise is already out, or at least most of it is, and it’s been out since March/April.

It was only about 3 weeks between Mulan’s Disney+ announcement and release, iirc and I really hope they don’t think it was that small window being the reason why it didn’t do well because I don’t think that was the case at all and not at all comparable to an interconnected 23rd movie in a franchise.

April just seems awfully conservative with everything that could potentially happen in the next 4.5 months. You’re more likely to catch people unable to go out with potential lockdowns and/or curfews and of course bad weather in early January than you would in April as well. And they’ve got a lot of other MCU/Star Wars content coming out next year that they don’t need to push this back that far, it only further delays some already finished projects like Loki and FatWS.

As far as the promo itself, I can’t say I’m any more thrilled than seeing Enchanted in there.
I certainly don't disagree. Marvel is a different animal than Mulan though. Mulan was released when we had no idea when theaters would be back open. Now we are looking at a possible end to this. I think they obviously learned from the Mulan release too.

I certainly don't disagree. Marvel is a different animal than Mulan though. Mulan was released when we had no idea when theaters would be back open. Now we are looking at a possible end to this. I think they obviously learned from the Mulan release too.

Maybe they struck a deal with theaters that it would be similar to WW84 and release day and date in theaters, but because the situation could be more suitable for movie theater releases in April thats the reason they’d wait? If that’s the reason, I’d be very much OK with that. I already plan on seeing WW84 at the IMAX on Christmas Day, and I’d definitely see Black Widow in theaters if I have the option, and then probably also buy it from Disney to rewatch

At this point it is about cutting expenses when facing uncertainty while incentivizing people to subscribe and stay subscribed to Disney+. You don't have to spend another dollar to promote Black Widow because it becomes part of Disney+'s promotional spend. Disney is smartly spreading out the best of their limited new content to retain subscribers at this point. That is why Soul is dropping one week after the season finale of Mandalorian drops. That is followed 3 weeks later by Wandavision.

My guess is that when they announce the Disney+ release date for Black Widow other shows, movies and specials will be announced for dates that spread nicely right up to the release of Black Widow.

This weeks Mandalorian episode is 45 minutes and 6 seconds long
I am enjoying the longer Mandalorian episodes. I felt the first season ones were too short. It doesn't need to be 60 minutes .. but more of the length of a normal broadcast show (without commercials) feels perfect.

Great news with Naomi Scott. Hope she gets it. Disney knows what she can do.

Last edited:
https://www.small-screen.co.uk/excl...n-talks-marvel-star-mcu-fantastic-four-movie/
Ive never heard of this source, so I’m not sure how much bearing this “news” has, especially if Deadline, Variety, or THR haven’t piggybacked on it, but these two have always been the obvious choices for Reed and Sue, and you don’t have to worry about on screen chemistry because obviously they’re married (Which doesn’t necessarily matter on screen) but they were also great together in a movie where most of their dialogue was extremely intimate using signing and facial expression

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter