• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate all the spoiler tags! I’m waiting til Christmas break to watch Mandolorian. Some weeks I don’t have time for tv due to work and homework and I’d rather just binge it.

Really?

I could not disagree more. This episode was fine, but, for me, not among the best.
I just watched it again to see if I was just jaded the first time, but I do agree.
It was nice to see Ashoka and to see some lightsaber action, but yet another character that we meet and will probably never see again, like the sheriff in the first episode this season. And trying to explain who Ashoka was to my Dad was interesting. These episodes just don’t mean as much if you haven’t watched the cartoons. I’ve at least seen a few episodes and know the main players, but for those that skipped both series, these character reveals don’t mean anything.

So I wonder then where technically season two is. Is this all still in 9ABY or has time passed? How fast is time moving in the series? Obviously the child hasn’t aged but we know he doesn’t age fast.

I actually think a decent amount of time has passed. Not sure if this is correct, but I feel like Grogu has gone from baby babble to a more sophisticated type of almost speeceh.

I just watched it again to see if I was just jaded the first time, but I do agree.
It was nice to see Ashoka and to see some lightsaber action, but yet another character that we meet and will probably never see again, like the sheriff in the first episode this season. And trying to explain who Ashoka was to my Dad was interesting. These episodes just don’t mean as much if you haven’t watched the cartoons. I’ve at least seen a few episodes and know the main players, but for those that skipped both series, these character reveals don’t mean anything.
That's kind of the point tho.

That's like soneone watching avengers endgame without seeing all the other movies not understanding why people are in tears over a guy with a shield picking up a hammer, or saying 2 a simple word assemble

Obviously this episode is going to mean more to someone like myself who has watched other pieces of media than the movies.

While this is my favorite ep of Mando, my fav SW content is still the last 4 episodes of Clone Wars

That's like soneone watching avengers endgame without seeing all the other movies not understanding why people are in tears over a guy with a shield picking up a hammer, or saying 2 a simple word assemble

Obviously this episode is going to mean more to someone like myself who has watched other pieces of media than the movies.

While this is my favorite ep of Mando, my fav SW content is still the last 4 episodes of Clone Wars

Disagree.

These are all stand alone series. Especially regarding Mandalorian. One wouldn't think you had to watch one to understand the other. These aren't (or weren't) billed as sequels.

Oh I get it. For me it just hurts because I invested so much time in the original EU which is now Legends and just haven’t gotten into the new canon. Makes me feel like less of a SW fan and as each episode of Mando goes by it makes me feel worse and worse. But every time I try I just can’t get into those 2 cartoon series. I start an episode and find myself either on my iPad or wandering off to do something else halfway through. For me nothing will beat the OT.

Disagree.

These are all stand alone series. Especially regarding Mandalorian. One wouldn't think you had to watch one to understand the other. These aren't (or weren't) billed as sequels.
I don’t think you have to watch other series. However there certainly are connections to other movies and series. The story depth expands when you watch those other series. This is a universe not a singular thing. Marvel is probably the closest comparison at this point especially as the Star Wars universe expands with more films and series.

I don’t think you have to watch other series. However there certainly are connections to other movies and series. The story depth expands when you watch those other series. This is a universe not a singular thing. Marvel is probably the closest comparison at this point especially as the Star Wars universe expands with more films and series.

I guess, but rather tired of superfans dismissing anyone who hasn't become a fanatic as someone not worth having an opinion. Its obnoxious.

I just wasn't impressed with the episode. No big thing.

I guess, but rather tired of superfans dismissing anyone who hasn't become a fanatic as someone not worth having an opinion. Its obnoxious.

That happens with any fandom these days especially on social media. I think it’s often hard for super fans especially when they are very excited about something they love to have someone say they didn’t like it.

That happens with any fandom these days especially on social media. I think it’s often hard for super fans especially when they are very excited about something they love to have someone say they didn’t like it.

Imagine how hard it is trying to be the person just wanting to join in. :)

Its a turn off of the whole thing. I live with a fan boy and he doesn't do that.

But it is what it is.

To be honest, Guardians has replaced the original Star Wars as my favorite Sci Fi series at this point anyways. But I'll always have the Empire Strikes Back theatre going experience nostalgia. :)

You’re 100% entitled to your opinion and feelings on the episode. People loved Chapter 10, I absolutely hated it. Frog Lady did, and still doesn’t do anything for me. And you definitely shouldn’t feel like you need to explain yourself why you disliked yesterday’s episode. There are an exuberant amount of new people that have joined the SW fandom for Mandalorian that aren’t diehard Star Wars fans, and I find that to be great. Too many people are being territorial about SW and being unwelcoming of people that haven’t watched and read anything and everything Star Wars related. I hate that with the MCU and it’s starting to bother me with Star Wars as well.

The level of trigger reaction when I say to people AntMan is my favorite (not the best) MCU movie, and Captain Marvel is in my top 10 best MCU movies is incredible. Like there has to be specific reasoning and background to your opinions now. It’s ridiculous

You’re 100% entitled to your opinion and feelings on the episode. People loved Chapter 10, I absolutely hated it. Frog Lady did, and still doesn’t do anything for me. And you definitely shouldn’t feel like you need to explain yourself why you disliked yesterday’s episode. There are an exuberant amount of new people that have joined the SW fandom for Mandalorian that aren’t diehard Star Wars fans, and I find that to be great. Too many people are being territorial about SW and being unwelcoming of people that haven’t watched and read anything and everything Star Wars related. I hate that with the MCU and it’s starting to bother me with Star Wars as well.
And I really think Mando is handling it pretty well so far. Keeping the appearances of other characters to just single episodes (or maybe a couple episodes) instead of making them main characters on the show. Allows the Easter egg surprise feeling for some and brings newer fans in to see the allure of those characters.

But I agree, I’m not a fan of the territorial nature of most fandoms nowadays. But SW has had that for a while now, especially if you remember some of the threads on this board about the new trilogy.

Disagree.

Sorry that you haven't enjoyed them and feel put off by some of the fandom.

I don't think you have to fully know about the cartoon series, these aren't sequels but they are part of a larger universe so there will of course be tie ins to other elements of the universe

But if this was the first time you ever heard of Ahsoka the episode should still work as in prior episode you were told he was seeking out a Jedi named Ahsoka Tano (so if uess one would need to have some idea of what a Jedi is)

But if you didn't like it you didn't like it, no big deal (I liked it a lot but definitely not as much as some people)

And I really think Mando is handling it pretty well so far. Keeping the appearances of other characters to just single episodes (or maybe a couple episodes) instead of making them main characters on the show. Allows the Easter egg surprise feeling for some and brings newer fans in to see the allure of those characters.

But I agree, I’m not a fan of the territorial nature of most fandoms nowadays. But SW has had that for a while now, especially if you remember some of the threads on this board about the new trilogy.

Heck, goes back further than that - people decry hate on the prequels and then others defend those

Happens plenty with other things too ... Just try telling a Disneyland fan that you prefer Walt Disney World ;)

Sorry that you haven't enjoyed them and feel put off by some of the fandom.

I don't think you have to fully know about the cartoon series, these aren't sequels but they are part of a larger universe so there will of course be tie ins to other elements of the universe

But if this was the first time you ever heard of Ahsoka the episode should still work as in prior episode you were told he was seeking out a Jedi named Ahsoka Tano (so if uess one would need to have some idea of what a Jedi is)

But if you didn't like it you didn't like it, no big deal (I liked it a lot but definitely not as much as some people)

Oh I enjoy Mandalorian immensely!

What i should do is stop reading message boards about it (not here) because they confuse me since I haven't watched the other series.

If I watch just on my own without other influences, I like it very much.

Last edited:

Oh definitely. The SW fandom has gotten especially vicious probably since the prequel trilogy. But with this new show and an almost completely new story, it seems to be getting a little aggressive from the “Oh, you don’t know who ____ is? Well you probably shouldn’t watch this show because you’ll miss on the references”. It wasn’t bad in S1, but once the Dark Saber showed up it started a little and has accelerated this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter