Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so just recorded a hour and 6 minute long podcast about this episode, so clearly I didn't hate it too much 😂 (seriously I think it was a top 2-3 episode, just not a giddy as some others)

Two questions for you all:

One about rest of this season:

So how do you think the rest of the season goes? Feels like no way they can build up to bid stand off with Moff Gideon and get to Tython and wrap up that angle. And Tython is in the Deep Core so I can't see Gideon going there.

Does much of Gideon stuff get pushed to Season 3?

One more Star Wars nerdy from this episode relating back to prequels/OT

Ahsoka says that Grogu was at the Jedi temple, trained by many masters and was saved and hidden - so who took him and his him?

As far as I could tell, he would have been there training the same time as Anakin, so does Anakin know about him and why didn't he make sure he was killed? Was Grogu always kept separate?

While yes, the ending just led to another “And here’s your next mission” it still pressed the story along. They still have to encounter Moff Gideon. So the Mando/Grogu storyline was never going to end with this episode. Now I did think he was going to leave him with Ahsoka and he’d go off on a solo mission next week when he’d be notified of Gideon taking Grogu, but I’m also fine with this route. An introduction to more Jedi? Yeah, sign me up.

I think it also pretty much confirms that they’re not splitting up Din and Grogu, which makes total sense. The merch sales alone have probably helped Disney mightily during the pandemic, and its the smart move to just keep them linked.

The Saber/Beskar scene was incredible. The cinematography in the entire episode was phenomenal. And that Score?!? Oh baby.

As for Thrawn, and the future of Ahsoka, I think we see the latter one more time this season, but I think this episode and Thrawns mentioning just confirms her well deserved spin-off series that centers around them both.

Ok, so just recorded a hour and 6 minute long podcast about this episode, so clearly I didn't hate it too much 😂 (seriously I think it was a top 2-3 episode, just not a giddy as some others)

So how do you think the rest of the season goes? Feels like no way they can build up to bid stand off with Moff Gideon and get to Tython and wrap up that angle. And Tython is in the Deep Core so I can't see Gideon going there.

Ahsoka says that Grogu was at the Jedi temple, trained by many masters and was saved and hidden - so who took him and his him?

As far as I could tell, he would have been there training the same time as Anakin, so does Anakin know about him and why didn't he make sure he was killed? Was Grogu always kept separate?
You’d have to assume it was a Master that took him and hid him and not another Padawan or even Knight. Looking at the list of presumed alive Masters, maybe Oppo Rancis? But I bet they’ll come up with someone we’ve never thought of being involved.

I think it’s a cliff hanger where Gideon gets his hand on Grogu and we end the season with Mando left without him. Whether it’s done in front of him, or he leaves Grogu at the Jedi Temple and then Gideon comes and kidnaps him will be my guesses. But Gideon I think is the focus of S3, and either he’s serving under an even higher power that will become the antagonistic focus in S4 and 5, or Gideon is the big bad throughout the series.

All interesting possibilities that I can’t wait to find out. They’ve only touched the surface of Grogu’s (I’m trying to type and say his name as much as possible to get out of the habit of calling him those other 2 names) background, but it did seem like he was kept separate in the way Ahsoka was speaking about his time at the Jedi Temple. I’m not sure if it lines up with Anakin, if it wasn’t at the same time, it was very close.

I think we see more Gideon. How much? Not sure. Bo-Katan is clearly after him. There are so many avenues on where to go next though.

Who hid him is an excellent question. We obviously don't see any of the Yoda/Yaddle/Grogu kind. Could be any number of Jedi. It could even be a Jedi we don't really know which could be someone still alive and someone we meet in a future episode. Again so many ways to go. We know Jedi escaped Coruscant. We haven't seen who is directing episode 14 to my knowledge.

I don't know why, but I don't think it was a Jedi who took him... I have no idea who it would have been, but for some reason I don't think it was a Jedi. Maybe a different kind of force user, or sensitive.

did the lady die? We can hear it or we think we hear her dying. Star Wars isn't afraid to show people dying we only seen a million over the years. I have a feeling that she is still alive.

did the lady die? We can hear it or we think we hear her dying. Star Wars isn't afraid to show people dying we only seen a million over the years. I have a feeling that she is still alive.

I feel like she is still alive - I know this Ahsoka feels a bit more ferrel, but still don't think she would kill he, unarmed, etc ... Plus sort of the rule that if you don't see the dead body the character probably didn't die

I’ll say this about yesterday’s episode. It proves without a shadow of a doubt that if you put a movie like Black Widow, or WW84 or any other franchise movie with connective tissue into theaters without a day and date release on streaming....people WILL go. Twitter was, and still is up in arms about spoilers from this last episode. There’s no way that very many real fans would willingly give up social media for 3 months until a movie like Black Widow came out on VOD/physical

While we see Anakin go into the temple and essentially slaughter a lot of people, we know that the Jedi Temple Guard (later the Grand Inquisitor) also went back. We last see the GI helping the Jedi instead of the Sith, could he have had one last noble act of hiding Grogu before he went over to the Emperor?

Unfortunately with how this show has been set up I would be very bored if they kicked Grogu to the curb and just followed Mando on various bounties. This is the Star Wars universe. You tie everything together. No you don’t need the Skywalker obviously but having Thrawn, Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, etc. show up adds everything and more. Grogu is no longer just a baby with some force wielding. He has a past, a name, a story. Mando himself has spun off and is building into a character that doesn’t need bounties. He has feelings. He has attachment. As Ahsoka said today, he’s a father figure to Grogu. This show is bringing the Star Wars universe to be more marvel-esque with interwoven stories.
One thing I was thinking of last night...why hasn’t there been any mention of Luke during Mando’s search for Jedi? At this point in the SW timeline, Luke would most likely have the Academy up and running, and he would be one of the most famous people in the galaxy. Yet he’s never mentioned when discussing Jedi. While I doubt they’d look to have Mark Hamill come in to reprise his role, or want to involve the Skywalkers in this storyline, it’s just odd to not even have him mentioned as a possible place to go.

One thing I was thinking of last night...why hasn’t there been any mention of Luke during Mando’s search for Jedi? At this point in the SW timeline, Luke would most likely have the Academy up and running, and he would be one of the most famous people in the galaxy. Yet he’s never mentioned when discussing Jedi. While I doubt they’d look to have Mark Hamill come in to reprise his role, or want to involve the Skywalkers in this storyline, it’s just odd to not even have him mentioned as a possible place to go.
Mando had never heard of the Jedi until recently. Bo-Katan gave Mando a specific name. I’m very okay with no Skywalker son this. I don’t think it’s needed either. The timeline now also gets more dicey to me with now Thrawn being included and all these rebels characters. I’ll be honest I’ve gotten a bit confused. I need a giant timeline to keep track.

Mando had never heard of the Jedi until recently. Bo-Katan gave Mando a specific name. I’m very okay with no Skywalker son this. I don’t think it’s needed either. The timeline now also gets more dicey to me with now Thrawn being included and all these rebels characters. I’ll be honest I’ve gotten a bit confused. I need a giant timeline to keep track.

My attempt at the timeline to show where everyone is (tried to put locations too) ... let me know anything you would want added

My attempt at the timeline to show where everyone is (tried to put locations too) ... let me know anything you would want added
So I wonder then where technically season two is. Is this all still in 9ABY or has time passed? How fast is time moving in the series? Obviously the child hasn’t aged but we know he doesn’t age fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter