Disney after hours Only 3 hours

We did it instead of getting a one day ticket for Magic Kingdom (no other park days that trip) which made the cost comparable for us. It was amazing to the point that it will be hard to go back to Magic Kingdom during regular hours with the crowds. We arrived at 7pm and had fast passes scheduled from then until park close at 10pm. After 10pm there was hardly anyone around which meant little to no waits and some rides you were allowed to just stay on and go again. The free snacks and drinks was a great bonus.

I did this twice on my recent trip. Saturday July 7 and Monday July 9 10PM-1AM.
The first was a gift from my parents for my girlfriend and I’s birthday and we loved it so much that we bought it for the second night
As much as I loved it I really do feel that it was too short and we talked to others who were at the event and they felt he same way. One more hour probably would have done it a lot better. Besides that I 10/10 recommended.

Last edited:
I have never heard of DAH, but after reading this thread I think this is something my family would absolutely love! Is this a seasonal thing? We won’t be returning until the summer of 2020, but are planning a two-week trip and I think this would be so fun to do, if it is offered. For those of you that have done this before, do you not go to a park the day of DAH and then only go to MK around 7:00? What about the day following DAH? I’m just curious of your touring plan when you participate in this. Thanks!
We make it a pool/rest day and show up at mk close to 6. In March we made the mistake of rope dropping ak the next morning. I will NOT repeat that mistake again. We were all miserable and didn’t even get a full day out of our ticket.

None of the summer ones have sold out. We just planned a trip on Thursday for this weekend so that we could go to dah. We are only flying down for two days but it’s worth it.
Agreed, I have kept it in the back of my brain that I should just fly down, do resort and DAH only! What a great trip that would be, 3 days max!

Last edited:
We just booked it for next month. Never did it before, was on fence since we have kind of a long trip so not sure it was worth it but took the plunge anyway! I had to change some adr’s and fpp around so we can have a rest day the next day but we are so looking to it!

Agreed, I have kept it in the back of my brain that I should just fly down, do resort and DAH only! What a great trip that would bs, 3 days max!
That’s what we’re doing! It’s so exciting! We’ve never done a last minute trip but frontier has been having 50% off flights and we can fly out locally with them and have a nonstop flight. We leave in 2 days!!

Haley, I don't remember your itinerary, but Frontier is ungodly slow in Orlando. If you can, carry on instead of waiting for luggage if your time is tight. It can be an hour there, easy. I'd hate to see your night get messed up having to wait around the luggage terminal.

Haley, I don't remember your itinerary, but Frontier is ungodly slow in Orlando. If you can, carry on instead of waiting for luggage if your time is tight. It can be an hour there, easy. I'd hate to see your night get messed up having to wait around the luggage terminal.
I think they are slow everywhere lol. One time they left everyone’s luggage outside when we landed late at 1 am and we had to ask a janitor where our stuff was because we couldn’t find anyone else in the airport.

We fly in at 10:45 pm. Since we are only going for the weekend Dh and I are just using backpacks as personal items.

I'm going to have to admit that you were all right, and eat my words. This event sounds awesome. I wish they would test it at Disneyland in Calfornia now!

Is it worth it even if you already have regular admission to that park for the day? Or is it better if you don't have admission, or go on an otherwise non-park day?

It does seem like a short amount of time, but wow, we accomplished so much in that time frame! And it was just wonderful to walk around the park with no crowds and eat all the Mickey ice cream. Plus we stocked up on sodas and water!

I love the magic kingdom more then anything just can’t get over the disappointment that it’s 3 hrs although it comes with free food and soft drinks

Tink- is is longer thn 3 hours, yiu can enter early. The perk is that three hours when only those with tix can enter teh attractions and enjoy the ice cream. Well worth it if you can stay awake. I am not sure I could, bit it sounds awesome!

The night my DH went it was SOO empty they left after 2.5 hours - they were riding things multiple times and NO one was there! I wish it was held when my family was there!!! We would be all over it (and we are DVC/AP And would still find this worth it!)

I agree that at first glance, 3 hours seems short. I've still booked it for August though because of all the fantastic reviews. Like anything else, with a good plan, I think you can get a ton accomplished in those 3 hours. I think the key is to skip any of the longer attractions that normally have little to no wait during normal park hours (i.e. tiki room, country bears, small world) and focus on the higher demand rides that are shorter in duration. It's physically impossible to do all 25 attractions in the 3 hours (if you add up the ride durations, it's over 5 hours), so I've mapped out a plan that on paper gets me to 13 unique attractions in the 3 hours. We'll see how that turns out.

If I may ask, did you do the event and not enjoy it, or feel it is too short?

It sounds amazing, but for that price tag I do agree. Perhaps it should be for four, maybe go from 9pm-1am? Than I would most certainly be interested.
Agreed. The price tag was what made me decide not to do it. Over $100 per person when traveling with 6 people is too high for us for just 3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter