Disney after hours Only 3 hours

I have done this 3 years in a row. I would much rather pay for this than one of the parties. When else can you have a log to yourself on Splash Mountain? Or the entire Dumbo ride? Those memories make it worthwhile to me. Also, if you go on one of the 10-1 AM nights, it is the closest you will ever get to an adult only event at Disney. Part of the joy for me is the lack of strollers :)

We just did it in March because we took our 9 yo niece for her first Disney trip. We weren’t able to take her out of school for long so we did dah instead of a day ticket at mk. It was really fun for her to get to ride everything and not have to wait. Plus she got popcorn to take back and snack on at 1 am

I actually would plan a trip around a DAH!
It was awesome...
Everyone here has explained why and I wholeheartedly agree!
EVERYTHING was a walk on, except 7DMT. (10 miniute wait!).
WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
But, you know what??? Maybe those of us who love it should keep it a secret... Kind of like what happens in Vegas...

It was a great way to try ALL the ice cream they offer since I normally just get Mickey Bars. :mickeybar

Yep, it's where I learned that Mickey Ice Cream sandwiches beat out Mickey Bars. Mickey Bars just break off half the chocolate, which falls on the ground. Ice cream sandwiches are cookie and cream deliciousness. Now, when it's hot, Olaf bars are where it's at. Didn't need those at night though.

For me, I was excited for the chocolate covered bananas. I had great memories of enjoying a chocolate covered banana at WDW when I was a kid with my parents. Unfortunately, the one I had at DAH didn't live up to my memory. The banana was too hard to bite through, so I just at all the chocolate.

But otherwise, a great event and well worth the money. For DW and I, in our mid-30s and no kids, it was plenty of time. We rode everything we wanted, met talking Mickey, saw Country Bears and the creepy bird room, and still had time to just hang around Main Street taking picture and enjoying the atmosphere for the last 50 minutes or so. We are hoping to do it again next year.

Three hours might not sound like alot BUT this is what I did in those three hours....

Pirates, Country Bears, Big Thunder x 4, Haunted Mansion, 7 Dwarfs, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Space Mtn, Buzz, Carousel, Peter Pan, Small World, Aladdin, Jungle Cruise. Between my wife and I we consumed 5 diet cokes, 2 popcorns, 1 Olaf Bar, 1 Mickey icecream sandwich. Could have probably got one or two more rides in but i felt like Big Thunder needed to be ridden 4 times in a row.

It was well worth it.

Something else that we encountered at DAH, areas of totally empty streets in the park. There were times as we walked around, when we were the only people in sight, aside from a CM or two. It was actually kinda eerie. Now, admittedly, this was NOT Main St. but still, it was an unique experience.

It was awesome...
WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
But, you know what??? Maybe those of us who love it should keep it a secret... Kind of like what happens in Vegas...
Too late, didn't all the latest batch sell out? I didn't keep up since we weren't going on any of the nights when it was happening (close, we left on the morning of the day one was going on) but we couldn't stay due to commitments at home

For me, I was excited for the chocolate covered bananas. I had great memories of enjoying a chocolate covered banana at WDW when I was a kid with my parents. Unfortunately, the one I had at DAH didn't live up to my memory. The banana was too hard to bite through, so I just at all the chocolate.

But otherwise, a great event and well worth the money. For DW and I, in our mid-30s and no kids, it was plenty of time. We rode everything we wanted, met talking Mickey, saw Country Bears and the creepy bird room, and still had time to just hang around Main Street taking picture and enjoying the atmosphere for the last 50 minutes or so. We are hoping to do it again next year.

That was the worst - I actually took a few bites and threw it away.

Too late, didn't all the latest batch sell out? I didn't keep up since we weren't going on any of the nights when it was happening (close, we left on the morning of the day one was going on) but we couldn't stay due to commitments at home
None of the summer ones have sold out. We just planned a trip on Thursday for this weekend so that we could go to dah. We are only flying down for two days but it’s worth it.

It was awesome...
WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

Only your money stays in Vegas. Everything else either follows you home or goes up on youtube.

I can’t wait to do this next month! It’s the closest thing to the old e-ride nights as we’re going to get.

Very short amount of time not to sound ungrateful but
Yes, only 3 hours, but I rode something like 15 rides in that three hours (not to mention drinking about 3 sodas and waters and two ice creams). The park was empty enough to ride multiple rides without getting off and never wait in line.

I also entered the park a couple hours before it closed and was able to ride some rides before the event actually started.

Went to an e-ride night back in the 90’s. Had to be a resort guest and the cost was $10 per person (you had to have entry into the Park that day). So worth it!! Nothing like riding Splash and at the end the CM asking if you just want to go again? Even at the price today I am hoping to go to one during our trip in March 2019, hope the lines are just as short as back in the day.

I have never heard of DAH, but after reading this thread I think this is something my family would absolutely love! Is this a seasonal thing? We won’t be returning until the summer of 2020, but are planning a two-week trip and I think this would be so fun to do, if it is offered. For those of you that have done this before, do you not go to a park the day of DAH and then only go to MK around 7:00? What about the day following DAH? I’m just curious of your touring plan when you participate in this. Thanks!

I have never heard of DAH, but after reading this thread I think this is something my family would absolutely love! Is this a seasonal thing? We won’t be returning until the summer of 2020, but are planning a two-week trip and I think this would be so fun to do, if it is offered. For those of you that have done this before, do you not go to a park the day of DAH and then only go to MK around 7:00? What about the day following DAH? I’m just curious of your touring plan when you participate in this. Thanks!
You'd probably benefit most from reading the link here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter