Disappointing stay at BWV

I originally posted this as a reply in another thread, but thought it would be better served on it's own...

We just got back from our first stay at BWV (but not our first stay a DVC members). I wasn't impressed. While I did request a room with a view other than the parking lot, I didn't realize it would be soooooooo far away! We had a 2 bedroom lock off, rooms 4004 and 4006. 4th floor, and a country mile from the elevators! There were one more set of rooms past us, then a set of stairs that led down to the back side of the villas (near the bridge to Swan/Dolphin). We were also surprised at the lack of service from bell services and housekeeping. Before check in, we had requested some box fans (asked for 3) and an inflatable mattress. When we arrived, none were in the room. When we called, they said they would bring the fans and mattress right up. Mattress arrived shortly after, but no fans. Wasn't the end of the world, but we did hope to get some. Called after an hour, said they would send them right up. about 30 minutes later, one was delivered. Called and asked for at least one more (wanted for background noise while sleeping... yes, we're weird like that). About an hour later, second fan arrived.

Next morning, our son's friend that slept on the air mattress was flat on the floor. Mattress didn't hold the air. On our way out for the day, I stopped at bell services to request a cot. We would pay what the fee was, if any. Was told there would be no extra charge, and they would get one to our room right away. We enjoy several hours at the park, return around dinner time, no cot. Sigh. We head back out to grab dinner, I again stop at bell services and explain the cot request, and the "miscues" from the night before. I ask again for a cot, and also ask if someone needs to be IN the room for it to be left. Was told no, they would bring it in our room. Happy to report, we had a cot in our room when we returned from dinner. The rest of the stay was mostly fine, until we asked for from fresh towels. With 8 guests staying in the two bedroom lock-off (4 adults: 2 men and 2 women and 4 sixteen year old's: 2 females and 2 males), they brought up 4 towels, 8 face clothes and 8 hand towels. We had to ask for 4 more towels. After the 4th day, I noticed we were dangerously low on toilet paper. Since I would never want to run out of that, I requested some more rolls. With a two bedroom, we had two bathrooms. While each did have spare rolls when we arrived, 8 people used most of that. We were given ONE more roll. A few other miscues related to a birthday and items ordered, but assumed that was because of what they actually had on hand vs what was ordered from family back at home and not on site.

We understand not all visits will be magical and little things will happen. Our disappointment was of the 8 of us, 5 was their first visit. We had been hyping this vacation up for a while, and once we were there, it fell a bit short. There was even mention of perhaps this resort was a training facility only because we were surprised at so many miscues.
none of this should happen. Shame on DVC for not doing your job.

sounds like your yearly maintenance dues we're well spent. So sorry for all the trouble. Oh to people that love DVC ...any comments? Does she deserve a refund of her maintenance dues and the points she spent.... The answer is yes. The sheets are you kidding me. Sloppy service.

I'd much rather see dues refunded for those sort of issues than points refunded. But in the end, its the other members who end up paying.

We just stayed at two different Hilton hotels. One was fantastic. The other THE LOCK ON OUR DOOR WAS BROKEN FOR OUR ENTIRE THREE NIGHT STAY. We managed to jimmy it to get it to work, but it didn't work as billed. It was a cash hotel stay. Hilton did not refund our stay. Hilton did not discount our stay. The resort was full so Hilton could not even move us.

I'd much rather see dues refunded for those sort of issues than points refunded. But in the end, its the other members who end up paying.

We just stayed at two different Hilton hotels. One was fantastic. The other THE LOCK ON OUR DOOR WAS BROKEN FOR OUR ENTIRE THREE NIGHT STAY. We managed to jimmy it to get it to work, but it didn't work as billed. It was a cash hotel stay. Hilton did not refund our stay. Hilton did not discount our stay. The resort was full so Hilton could not even move us.
my advice is to write the ceo. If that doesn't work call the credit card company and see if they will help. Such a bummer.

my advice is to write the ceo. If that doesn't work call the credit card company and see if they will help. Such a bummer.

Write the CEO? I used to be an executive assistant. The CEO doesn't even see those letters., straight into the trash - not even to customer service because the CEO figures you've already exhausted that line. You have an interesting idea of both how the world should work and how the world does work, neither which seem to be predicated on reality. I'm not wasting my time chasing that down.

Write the CEO? I used to be an executive assistant. The CEO doesn't even see those letters., straight into the trash - not even to customer service because the CEO figures you've already exhausted that line. You have an interesting idea of both how the world should work and how the world does work, neither which seem to be predicated on reality. I'm not wasting my time chasing that down.
Well, I have to disagree. I wrote the CEO of a major Tele communications company. Not only did I get a response from him and maybe it was an executive assistant i had a vice president who I spoke with solve the problem. It took less than 24 hours. I don't even want to know who the company is but I bet it's one I never want to business with.

sounds like your yearly maintenance dues we're well spent. So sorry for all the trouble. Oh to people that love DVC ...any comments? Does she deserve a refund of her maintenance dues and the points she spent.... The answer is yes. The sheets are you kidding me. Sloppy service.
What happened to duck_adoo is unexcusable, maintenance and housekeeping are a huge component of our MF and they should maintain a high standard. However that's the exception not the rule. I've stayed 70+ nights in DVC resorts with my points and I never had a less than excellent service, I only had minor inconveniences which were quickly addressed (I can only remember one, actually, the shower handle was broken and it had been repaired within 30 minutes). I agree that they should do more quality control as other have reported problems, but it's not like DVC is dodgy one star motel out on the interstate.

none of this should happen. Shame on DVC for not doing your job.

Isn't that cute? Didn't read the entire thread, did you? Rhetorical, question, not looking for an answer.

Since posting this, I discussed it with my wife, who typically handles all the DVC stuff. She too wasn't aware of the do's and don'ts as others pointed out. I (and she) learned something about our DVC with the input of others here. Granted, it was after the fact, but better late than never. Shame on US for treating our stays like hotel stays. Now we know, and wouldn't have other expectations.

Well, I have to disagree. I wrote the CEO of a major Tele communications company. Not only did I get a response from him and maybe it was an executive assistant i had a vice president who I spoke with solve the problem. It took less than 24 hours. I don't even want to know who the company is but I bet it's one I never want to business with.

Is your name Karen, by chance? You sound like a Karen...

We are at BWV now & while it’s a lovely resort it’s just not us. I don’t like the bus set up. Just the one makes for chaos. Reminds me of a mod & we’ve been cut off but people rolling up 2 mins before the bus when we’ve been there for 30 minutes.

We also miss SAB & the sandwich & QS selection at BCV. The toilet broke first day & they came to fix it right away, but I popped the tank top to have a look (it wouldn’t stop running) & God, the mould in there... We got no lotion in the room & it wasn’t left on T&T day, nor was the dishwasher powder, coffee or laundry soap (I think those are supposed to be refreshed) replaced. Not enough to complain or make a trip to the front desk, but just sloppy.

We are at BWV now & while it’s a lovely resort it’s just not us. I don’t like the bus set up. Just the one makes for chaos. Reminds me of a mod & we’ve been cut off but people rolling up 2 mins before the bus when we’ve been there for 30 minutes.

We also miss SAB & the sandwich & QS selection at BCV. The toilet broke first day & they came to fix it right away, but I popped the tank top to have a look (it wouldn’t stop running) & God, the mould in there... We got no lotion in the room & it wasn’t left on T&T day, nor was the dishwasher powder, coffee or laundry soap (I think those are supposed to be refreshed) replaced. Not enough to complain or make a trip to the front desk, but just sloppy.

Yes, the dishwasher powder, coffee and laundry soap should have been replenished. A call to housekeeping that you hadn't received them should get them brought to you. Hopefully without an argument. If it's never reported that it wasn't done correctly then they don't know that the housekeeping is being sloppy and incomplete. The lotion - has it definitely become standard at all resorts? For us we've found variance at places for what they provide.

Yes, the dishwasher powder, coffee and laundry soap should have been replenished. A call to housekeeping that you hadn't received them should get them brought to you. Hopefully without an argument. If it's never reported that it wasn't done correctly then they don't know that the housekeeping is being sloppy and incomplete. The lotion - has it definitely become standard at all resorts? For us we've found variance at places for what they provide.
I thought all deluxe and mods got lotion, DVC included. I know value don’t, but in the past year I’ve gotten lotion at AKV, BCV x2, BRV & SSR.

It’s not a dealbreaker, just a minor annoyance. Luckily I brought our lotion - I thought the tube provided wouldn’t be enough for 5 & I was definitely right lol.

What about shampoo/conditioner? Do they provide that at the mid week cleaning? We did not get that (along with other things)- Kidani.

What about shampoo/conditioner? Do they provide that at the mid week cleaning? We did not get that (along with other things)- Kidani.

Seems like they never guarantee to replace them. We've usually gotten them replaced if we've used them up but not always. This is what is outlined in the Home Resort Rules and Regulations:

"2) For stays of seven (7) or less consecutive nights in the same Vacation Home, the DVC Resort will provide a "Trash & Towel" service on the fourth consecutive day of the stay. During a "Trash & Towel" service, housekeeping will:

Empty the trash and put new liners in the trash bins.

Provide fresh bathroom linens.

Replace facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.

Replace coffee, sugar, cream, and sweeteners.

Replace dish washing liquid, dish washing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent.

3) For stays of eight (8) consecutive nights or more in the same Vacation Home, the DVC Resort will provide:
a) One (1) "Full Cleaning" service on the fourth consecutive day of the stay. During a full cleaning, housekeeping will:

Provide all of the services included in a "Trash & Towel" cleaning.

Change the bed linens.

Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.

Clean the Bathroom(s).

Clean the Kitchen/Kitchenette and wash the dishes.
Full cleanings do not include laundering of personal items."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter