Disappointing stay at BWV

I originally posted this as a reply in another thread, but thought it would be better served on it's own...

We just got back from our first stay at BWV (but not our first stay a DVC members). I wasn't impressed. While I did request a room with a view other than the parking lot, I didn't realize it would be soooooooo far away! We had a 2 bedroom lock off, rooms 4004 and 4006. 4th floor, and a country mile from the elevators! There were one more set of rooms past us, then a set of stairs that led down to the back side of the villas (near the bridge to Swan/Dolphin). We were also surprised at the lack of service from bell services and housekeeping. Before check in, we had requested some box fans (asked for 3) and an inflatable mattress. When we arrived, none were in the room. When we called, they said they would bring the fans and mattress right up. Mattress arrived shortly after, but no fans. Wasn't the end of the world, but we did hope to get some. Called after an hour, said they would send them right up. about 30 minutes later, one was delivered. Called and asked for at least one more (wanted for background noise while sleeping... yes, we're weird like that). About an hour later, second fan arrived.

Next morning, our son's friend that slept on the air mattress was flat on the floor. Mattress didn't hold the air. On our way out for the day, I stopped at bell services to request a cot. We would pay what the fee was, if any. Was told there would be no extra charge, and they would get one to our room right away. We enjoy several hours at the park, return around dinner time, no cot. Sigh. We head back out to grab dinner, I again stop at bell services and explain the cot request, and the "miscues" from the night before. I ask again for a cot, and also ask if someone needs to be IN the room for it to be left. Was told no, they would bring it in our room. Happy to report, we had a cot in our room when we returned from dinner. The rest of the stay was mostly fine, until we asked for from fresh towels. With 8 guests staying in the two bedroom lock-off (4 adults: 2 men and 2 women and 4 sixteen year old's: 2 females and 2 males), they brought up 4 towels, 8 face clothes and 8 hand towels. We had to ask for 4 more towels. After the 4th day, I noticed we were dangerously low on toilet paper. Since I would never want to run out of that, I requested some more rolls. With a two bedroom, we had two bathrooms. While each did have spare rolls when we arrived, 8 people used most of that. We were given ONE more roll. A few other miscues related to a birthday and items ordered, but assumed that was because of what they actually had on hand vs what was ordered from family back at home and not on site.

We understand not all visits will be magical and little things will happen. Our disappointment was of the 8 of us, 5 was their first visit. We had been hyping this vacation up for a while, and once we were there, it fell a bit short. There was even mention of perhaps this resort was a training facility only because we were surprised at so many miscues.
I've never heard of DVC resorts supplying air mattresses before. You've always had to bring your own extra bedding so I am surprised you were able to even get that. The fan requests are probably something else they are not used to supplying. As far as the towel requests, I agree that it's a pain they do not provide more for your party, but I think that is all about the conserving and reusing. Because of this, we usually try to bring up extra towels from the pool when we go and also usually ask for towels when we see housekeeping in the halls. We have had one of those FAR rooms before with no easy access to anything. We now ALWAYS request to be close to the elevator. BCV owner, but love staying at BWV.

I've never heard of DVC resorts supplying air mattresses before. You've always had to bring your own extra bedding so I am surprised you were able to even get that. The fan requests are probably something else they are not used to supplying. As far as the towel requests, I agree that it's a pain they do not provide more for your party, but I think that is all about the conserving and reusing. Because of this, we usually try to bring up extra towels from the pool when we go and also usually ask for towels when we see housekeeping in the halls. We have had one of those FAR rooms before with no easy access to anything. We now ALWAYS request to be close to the elevator. BCV owner, but love staying at BWV.
If you need extra towels, purchase a towel pack for $6. Please don't grab towels from the pool because they cost more to launder and don't ask the housekeepers for extra stuff in the hallway. You are just costing DVC members because we all have to pay for that stuff.

If you need extra towels, purchase a towel pack for $6. Please don't grab towels from the pool because they cost more to launder and don't ask the housekeepers for extra stuff in the hallway. You are just costing DVC members because we all have to pay for that stuff.
Never heard of a towel pack before. Where is that option?

Shampoo, conditioner and shower gel may already be hanging up in the shower on the wall.
They were but they were not full to begin with and by day 3, they were empty. They remained empty for the rest of our 8 night trip. I kept thinking they would replace them but they didn’t.

Never heard of a towel pack before. Where is that option?
Check this from the member website (under Pay as you Play):
Laundry and Housekeeping Services

Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.

A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms feature an in-unit washer and dryer.
Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.
With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:
  • Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens
  • Replace bath amenities as needed
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.
With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
  • Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.
For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.
Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested
Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):
  • Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
  • Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • 2 Bathrobes: $6
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

They were but they were not full to begin with and by day 3, they were empty. They remained empty for the rest of our 8 night trip. I kept thinking they would replace them but they didn’t.
Did you contact Housekeeping to refill these? I would have done it before day 3 when they were getting low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter