Defend the Fort! ??

How about starting a petition to make HDD Review, and campfire/sing along non "jumpable". If your too good to stay at FW then you are way too good to enjoy the entertainment. They better all stay at their "high class" resorts and enjoy all of the entertainment that is offered. Oh wait, there really isn't any. I know I can't wait to enjoy my "low class" relaxing vacation starting in another week.

Naaaaaaa we are better than that. The more the merrier.

What is going to happen when DISNEY gives all us campers a pool hopping pass while our pool is in rehab. (for any resort we can get to--just like last time)

They have done this in the past. I think it was early December of 97 or 98 our pool was closed so all of the FW folks were at the CR and Poly pools

This time lets all go to the WL pool.
That will give the WL people some thing to complain about won't it?

How about starting a petition to make HDD Review, and campfire/sing along non "jumpable". If your too good to stay at FW then you are way too good to enjoy the entertainment. They better all stay at their "high class" resorts and enjoy all of the entertainment that is offered. Oh wait, there really isn't any. I know I can't wait to enjoy my "low class" relaxing vacation starting in another week.
:thumbsup2
Excellent comments defending our Fort!!!:banana: Those people really needed to be set straight!

Sorry guys, I missed the thread..workin' today. By the time I caught up with things..it was already shut down. I will say this though, when we were at the WL last May...the pool wasn't crowded with FW campers. It appeared crowded because the FW guests were reserving their lounge chairs...and not actually using the pool. They would throw towels down on the chairs and then take the water launch to the parks. The pool staff was going around removing them. If there wasn't a person with the lounge chair, they removed the towel and opened it up to someone who was actually there and swimming. I have been there when the staff asks for Id..honestly, I've never seen anyone be asked to leave. I've also been there when the person in the lounge chair next to me was an area resident..and NOT a WL or a FW guest. She said they use the Disney pools all the time. I think that some guests just "assume"(and we all know what that makes you) that if the pool is crowded it's because of the campground guests. There are alot of things that contribute to it..one of them being it's a nice pool..but actually small for a resort of it's size.
Anyway... you all did a great job defending the honor of the Fort!:thumbsup2

"people at FW pay the least amount of $$$, and then figure they can run to WL to hang with people that spent the most...they KNOW better, they just don't care.

If you want certain amenities, pay for it :"

Whatever moron posted this originally doesn't realize that a premium site at FtW is more money than a value resort and we get to bring our own sleeping accomodations. FtW campers (not cabin dwellers) don't have "mousekeeping", nor do we get little bars of soap, bottles of lotion, shampoo and conditioner OR a shower cap!!! Hell,,, we don't even get towels that we can steal like the "snobs" at the other resorts do. I'm sure there are some "guests" from WL that have a whole linen closet full of WL towels!! At least camping people are helpful, friendly, and for the most part, HONEST!!!

I couldn't believe that statement when I read it either. Incredible ignorance :rolleyes1

when i read that post, i immediately went to quote it and rip her a new one, and then sighed because it was closed...everyone did a great job and cheered me up yesterday...thanks guys!:hug:

"people at FW pay the least amount of $$$, and then figure they can run to WL to hang with people that spent the most...they KNOW better, they just don't care.

If you want certain amenities, pay for it :"

Whatever moron posted this originally doesn't realize that a premium site at FtW is more money than a value resort and we get to bring our own sleeping accomodations. FtW campers (not cabin dwellers) don't have "mousekeeping", nor do we get little bars of soap, bottles of lotion, shampoo and conditioner OR a shower cap!!! Hell,,, we don't even get towels that we can steal like the "snobs" at the other resorts do. I'm sure there are some "guests" from WL that have a whole linen closet full of WL towels!! At least camping people are helpful, friendly, and for the most part, HONEST!!!

I actually have a linen closet at home full of paper napkins I took from the snack bar at the meadows pool which I assumed were FW towels.

A virtual battle for the honor of the Fort...couldn't you just see us in our coon skin hats, Mickey muskets..(walking sticks for the PC among us:laughing: ) and the T shirts with the logos Rog made storming the WL?

Okay..I just realized, I spend too much time here. :rolleyes1

I actually have a linen closet at home full of paper napkins I took from the snack bar at the meadows pool which I assumed were FW towels.

I steal all the condiment packets and sporks I can fit in my duffel bag from Roaring Forks - but I only carry my duffel when I sneak in a swim at the WL pool. The duffel gives me plenty of room for the poolside towels provided for the sno... er, um.... GUESTS paying for their privileges at WL.

We all know that us FtW bums never PAY for our sites... no pay, no privileges. That's the real reason why we have such difficulties getting ressies!:rotfl:

Whats really funny is that thread was closed after 6 pages...and here we are, 8 pages deep into a thread completely devoted to that thread!!!

Whats really funny is that thread was closed after 6 pages...and here we are, 8 pages deep into a thread completely devoted to that thread!!!
That's just because Rhonda understands us. The moderators on those other forums are afraid of us.:stir:

I haven't seen Roz, er I mean Rhonda, but Scott has been around, and he was stirring the pot a little himself. Our Mods can kick all the other mods butts!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Funny how things work out. I guess they over on the other side of the bay don't have ppl who troll the fort pages. Either that or they have a yellow streak down there tail. Which is more than likely between there legs. hehehehe. Long live the Fort and pitty those who try and take it down.

Our family will be headed to the fort in July. Think I'll take the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge, stand by the fence (does the pool even have a fence), and simply gaze longingly at the lucky people who get to swim there.

It's a freakin' pool for goodness sake. Not the Holy Grail. Do you think so many Lodge people use the pool because their bedbug bites itch and need cooling off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter