Debt Dumpers - 2019

I have been reading this thread for a long time. Time for a question.

If you have two cards with similar balances that you want to pay off, do you pay minimum on one and a extra on the other. Or do you pay extra on both?

Example:

Card A: $2,000 balance: Payments: $500, $500, $500, $500
Card B: $2,000 balance: Payments: $35, $35, $35, $35, $500, $500, $500, $400

or

Card A: $250,$250,$250,$250,$250,$250,$250,$250
Card B: $250,$250,$250,$250,$250,$250,$250,$250

I like the idea of focusing on one card at a time. Which is what I have been doing. What are your thoughts?
I like focusing on one at a time too. Since these are the same balance, what are the interest rates? Paying the highest interest rate one will save you a bit of money in the long run.

If you have two cards with similar balances that you want to pay off, do you pay minimum on one and a extra on the other. Or do you pay extra on both?

Example:

or

I like the idea of focusing on one card at a time. Which is what I have been doing. What are your thoughts?

In that situation, I would combine the two cards using a balance transfer offer to a third card. Then I would make $500 payments for 8 months.

same here. i'm waiting to call on the new directtv increases of this month though-i figure i'll call right after game of thrones runs it's final episode b/c they will have droves of customers dropping hbo (rep at the local at&t store told me they have already gotten training in how to try and retain customers when the show stops running b/c they anticipate a mass exodus of customers).

Do you have AT&T? I've been getting free HBO for having AT&T service. No time limit on it. I've had it for over a year now.

Happy debt dumping day. Filed taxes last week money and refund back in my account yesterday. It was enough to pay off car loan #1. :dogdance: Now I can put that payment towards car #2 monthly and that one will be paid in about 10 months. :yay:

That was fast! Filed mine this past Saturday so hopefully next week.

You have to switch to a newer plan to get the free HBO.

Interesting. I've had my plan since 2016. I know that I did sign up for one of the plans where I got unlimited data for being a Directv customer. I didn't get free HBO the first year but I called Directv on something in 2017 and they told me they could give me free HBO.

Interesting. I've had my plan since 2016. I know that I did sign up for one of the plans where I got unlimited data for being a Directv customer. I didn't get free HBO the first year but I called Directv on something in 2017 and they told me they could give me free HBO.
It started with the new unlimited plans in 2016. I had a tough time getting the discount and hbo service added in to my account. Took 5 months of calls for them to finally sort it out and haven’t had an issue since.

You have to switch to a newer plan to get the free HBO.

yup-and our plan with at&t is SO OLD that the c/s reps always gasp when they have to look up anything on it. we got it years and years ago and it was one that carried a provision that they couldn't change the terms so what i see many paying for a one or two user plan we pay for 4 users (and extends throughout north america which is really nice when we travel up to canada). they've tried to get me to bundle or change the plan but i've run the numbers too many times to know that we could never get the kind of price we've got if we let go of that circa '90's plan so i keep both contracts separate.

Example:

or

i would say pay the one with the higher interest rate at the faster pace (that's how i'm advising dd to pay off her student loans early-extra payments go to the highest interest one, then as they've started dropping off she applies more to the next one in line). if they are identical interest then i would probably still focus on one just b/c that way i would have one out of the way and be able to just focus on the remaining one.

I just looked and the interest rates are within 1/2%. So I will concentrate on one then move on to the other. Thanks. :)

I hate all of you who got your taxes back already. :headache::confused3;) Not really, but I am super impatiently waiting on mine. I filed mid January and still have to wait for them to release it because of the EIC and Additional Child Tax Credit. Supposedly they start releasing them tomorrow, so I'll hopefully see a deposit in the next week.

I also just realized our work bonus is on our March 5th check, along with our raise, so I'm expecting a fantastic check that week and should be able to knock out one more debt with the bonus.

DH's tax was filed on 2/8 and refund $850 deposited today 2/15.
It went straight into the emergency fund so we now have $250 left to reach our $6000 goal.

My car was serviced yesterday and brakes done. It came in $4 over budget at $484.00

I need to get 2 new tyres though. Feb has been very expensive. School fees haven't come out yet and they are around $3000 per month. I charge them to Amex for the points earn but still it has been nice not having the expense over Dec/Jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter