DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Lapu-Lapu (Baybayin: ᜎᜉᜓᜎᜉᜓ, Abecedario: Lápú-Lápú) (fl. 1521) was a ruler of Mactan in the Visayas. Modern Philippine society regards him as the first Filipino hero because he was the first native to resist Imperial Spanish colonization. He is best known for the Battle of Mactan that happened at dawn on April 27, 1521, where he and his soldiers defeated Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan. The battle ended up in the killing of Magellan[1] and the end of his expedition and it delayed the Spanish occupation of the islands by over forty years until the expedition of Miguel López de Legazpi in 1564. Monuments to Lapu-Lapu have been built in Cebu and Manila, while the Philippine National Police and the Bureau of Fire Protection use his image as part of their official seals.
That's actually pretty interesting. They beat Magellan's forces and killed him too! Huh!

I've just thought of it as :drinking1

I’ll take “Disney drinks with military history” for $400 please, Alex...
aOEWzYj.gif

I expect to last no more than a year or so...LOL.

I trained with their youth and first team many many years ago.

My youth coach was part of their coaching system...

Keep in mind this was the 1980s...early 90s...LOL

Do you still play?

I am copying the message to say how much I enjoy soccer (If I were posting on a UK forum, I'd say football.)
It's one of the few sports that while I am watching it, it makes me want to go outside and play.
I don't, but I want to.

There is an old man league in town that play on Sunday nights. About 16 of the local Catholic churches all field a team. (St. Louis has a high Roman Catholic population).
The games are 55 minutes with no half time, and no refs. No one even wears shin guards. There's no such thing as a 50/50 ball in the air. It's both old guys saying "Oh... um, you settle it, then I'll try and take it from you."

This season, my son's pay-to-play league games are on Sunday nights. So no old man soccer for me this fall.

One of my Powerball dreams is to buy uniforms for my team that have Walt Disney World as the sponsor on the kit.
wdw_soccer_jersey.jpg

7 hour round trip in the rain- almost 400 miles - for a 3 hour meeting that could have been accomplished with an email. :furious:

I'm starting Friday early tonight.

I even gave her the option of Lapu Lapus. There’s just no pleasing some people. I only asked to put on a hula skirt and do that wiggly dance.....

I like Lapu Lapus. I don't like you in a dress.. But, a dress is better than nothing at all. :lmao: :scared1:

Morning, gents.

Odd. All I hear are the sound of crickets. Huh.

Probably because it’s too flippin’ early for anyone in their right mind to be up!

Have a good one folks.

Morning, gents.
I'm up. That is all.
Morning. I am also up, but this seems somewhat less impressive.
I am copying the message to say how much I enjoy soccer (If I were posting on a UK forum, I'd say football.)
Good stuff. So who are you gonna support on Monday, as Liverpool are playing Palace?
. So no old man soccer for me this fall.
Me neither, I won't be back till at least Jan/Feb. I was just starting to get back into football as well as the tennis.

OK so the Lady K has signed off Ohana at home, so off to the butchers and the fishmongers for Steak and Shrimp, and we'll have the noodles with veg. Not a fan of pot stickers, so I'll swerve that. Pineapple salsa is in, as is the Bread Budding (with a cheeky little bit of bourbon soaked into mine). And the Lapu Lapus go without saying. I'll cook it tomorrow after we get back from West Ham.

Have a great Friday chaps.

Last edited:
I'm up. That is all.

That's about all that can be said this time of morning.

Morning. I am also up, but this seems somewhat less impressive.

Yeah.... might as well go back to bed.

OK so the Lady K has signed off Ohana at home

Nice! So... who's wearing the grass skirt?

Hot Dog, this morning collected total is $2070.00! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

:sad2:
I still haven't had a chance to go to the bank... and my next day off (last one was August 10th... I called in sick) isn't until August 28.
It'll happen... sometime.... just not sure when. :(

Morning Gents!

Looks like we are going to get a break in the heat for a couple of days, lots of rain forecast for the next couple of days and no humidity.

Had a great day on the golf course yesterday. We finished 4 back at 13 under; I'm not sure if drinking more or less would have improved the score.

Hope you all have a great Friday.

'Morning all...
I ought to make this a productive Friday, but somehow I don't see that happening.

OK so the Lady K has signed off Ohana at home, so off to the butchers and the fishmongers for Steak and Shrimp, and we'll have the noodles with veg. Not a fan of pot stickers, so I'll swerve that. Pineapple salsa is in, as is the Bread Budding (with a cheeky little bit of bourbon soaked into mine). And the Lapu Lapus go without saying. I'll cook it tomorrow after we get back from West Ham.
Mmmmm...
I'd drop by if it weren't for that whole having to cross an ocean first issue.
Ehhh, current geological estimates are that the Atlantic should be gone in about 900 million years and the commute will be easier then.

Glad someone asked that one...

Had a great day on the golf course yesterday. We finished 4 back at 13 under; I
'm not sure if drinking more or less would have improved the score.
More...Always more.
Drink enough, and you'll completely loose track of the score and then everybody wins.

Jimenez was a good signing. He can make a right nuisance of himself.
I’m going to the Irons on Saturday, first home game after the walloping by Liverpool. 9 new players in the team and some our dumdum fans are saying we are going down.....:sad2::rolleyes1
Do you still play?

It's one of the few sports that while I am watching it, it makes me want to go outside and play.
I don't, but I want to.

There is an old man league in town that play on Sunday nights. About 16 of the local Catholic churches all field a team. (St. Louis has a high Roman Catholic population).
The games are 55 minutes with no half time, and no refs. No one even wears shin guards. There's no such thing as a 50/50 ball in the air. It's both old guys saying "Oh... um, you settle it, then I'll try and take it from you."

This season, my son's pay-to-play league games are on Sunday nights. So no old man soccer for me this fall.

One of my Powerball dreams is to buy uniforms for my team that have Walt Disney World as the sponsor on the kit.
View attachment 344287

I still play in an old man (Over 40--I'm mid 40s) League in Jacksonville, FL. Same thing--we've already been there and done that, so we just like to go run and play. Pretty high level for old men too...ha ha

I'm also A Select U 12 Travel Team Coach (Son plays) and assist a Third Division Team here. I'm their Strikers Coach.

I have a USSF B, UEFA B and United Soccer Coaches Advanced National Diploma...so I'm still involved...LOL.

All of this on top of my real job--if you can call it that...LOL.

I love watching and being around the game. I'm having a GREAT time coaching.

You know the one about the man who asked God to build a bridge across the ocean?
Ya' got's me on that one.
Let's have it.

The one where the alternative was understanding women?
Is this even a possibility?

I'm also A Select U 12 Travel Team Coach (Son plays) and assist a Third Division Team here. I'm their Strikers Coach.

I have a USSF B, UEFA B and United Soccer Coaches Advanced National Diploma...so I'm still involved...LOL.
A lot of dedication there, I'm sure you young'en appreciates that as much as you do.

Good to hear from you as well.

I still play in an old man (Over 40--I'm mid 40s) League in Jacksonville, FL. Same thing--we've already been there and done that, so we just like to go run and play. Pretty high level for old men too...ha ha
All of this on top of my real job--if you can call it that...LOL.
I love watching and being around the game. I'm having a GREAT time coaching.
:thumbsup2I think that counts as still being involved :rotfl2:You must have been fairly unusual (if you'll pardon the expression) if you are in you're mid 40s and into football, as you would have been a kid in the 70s? Was it the NASL?

If you're ever over this over this side of the pond, I'm in a group of about 15 season tickets holders, so there's always a spare one....although having to sit through West Ham should put you off from transatlantic travel....
More...Always more.
Drink enough, and you'll completely loose track of the score and then everybody wins.
Or the "magic pencil" comes out. You know, the one that turns 6's into 4's.
Atlantic should be gone in about 900 million years
And at that point I'm guessing the shrimp would be off the menu. Although I'm sure Disney would have found a way for me to keep paying DVC dues by that time.
See, you say that like it has to be one or the other ;)
Hot Dog, this morning collected total is $2070.00!
Good going chief. Sounds like a lot of people have chucked some in.

Now if anyone has tonight's Euromillions numbers, with a prize fund of £88m ($112m, and we don't pay tax on winnings) I will happily reimburse you with one (1) drink of choice per trip to Disney over the next 20 years, and one (1) free night's stay at my mansion in Golden Oaks. Breakfast is not included. Or the Grass skirt show. I can't say fairer than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter