DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

A dreary, overcast day here. The Dark Knight is back on Netflix, a great movie with a great ending. He's the hero we deserve, but not the hero we need.

To O the Mornin Dads! Just sticking a foot in a certain part of DS anatomy to get organized and packing for move back to school this weekend. Have a good one!

Still? I'm hoping one day mine will get that sense of motivation. Having a job and access to a vehicle has helped a bunch. But when it comes to cleaning room, chores, etc, then it just goes away.

Morning All,

Another humid day with potential thunderstorms this afternoon but charity golf tournament tomorrow so things are looking good.

Have a good one all.

Have a good day at work tomorrow playing golf. :lmao:

Still? I'm hoping one day mine will get that sense of motivation. Having a job and access to a vehicle has helped a bunch. But when it comes to cleaning room, chores, etc, then it just goes away.
Yep but consider boy vs girl. DD was not the same procrastinating person DS is. He is a good kid, worked part time this summer but did a lot of things around his grandparents house and our house this summer as well. He just likes to wait til the last minute on everything but DW told me he has been working all day after the "boost" I gave him this morning :thumbsup2

That’s it, I’m ready! Checked out of work. Just one more day packing up and we’ll be on our way.

Dan, if you’re looking for me when you call it this week, I’ll be enjoying a beverage at Singing Spirits pool bar. Have a good couple weeks gents. I’ll probably check in with you along the way.

By the way, remember the tie dye shirts I mentioned that you wanted to see? Here you go!

932D541E-CA28-4522-9939-EEDDBF881030.jpeg

That’s it, I’m ready! Checked out of work. Just one more day packing up and we’ll be on our way.

Have a great trip!

932d541e-ca28-4522-9939-eeddbf881030-jpeg.344022

Not bad!

That really sucks. And she's right, there's probably nothing that could have been done.

Another buddy died the same way.

Glad she is still moving forward.

Hi Fed! She was taking so long to tell me, I was thinking of reaching out to you to do that voodoo you do so well. :dancer::dancer::dancer:

Dan, if you’re looking for me when you call it this week, I’ll be enjoying a beverage at Singing Spirits pool bar. Have a good couple weeks gents. I’ll probably check in with you along the way.

By the way, remember the tie dye shirts I mentioned that you wanted to see? Here you go!

View attachment 344022

Excellent Job! What's your rates?

View attachment 344022
Enjoy the heck out of this trip and great job on the shirts! Safe travels!

View attachment 344022
Have fun at the pool and storming the Castle Jeff (and family)!!

View attachment 344022
Have a fantastic time buddy. Gutted I’m gonna miss you on this round.

Yep but consider boy vs girl. DD was not the same procrastinating person DS is. He is a good kid, worked part time this summer but did a lot of things around his grandparents house and our house this summer as well. He just likes to wait til the last minute on everything but DW told me he has been working all day after the "boost" I gave him this morning :thumbsup2

Not necessarily a boy vs girl thing. Some just have that internal drive and some don't.

View attachment 344022

Great work. Have a great trip.

View attachment 344022

Great shirts!

Have fun storming the castle!

Morning boys from a hungover London. Went round my cousins last night (he lives a couple of streets away). Beer, Wine, Bourbon and the Grill got fired up. Today may not be the most productive 24hrs I've ever had. Jonesin' hard for an egg and bacon sandwich, but the butchers doesn't open until half eight.
We may have a Disney day today, as today was the day we were supposed to fly to the states. Hey ho. I was going to do "O'hana at home" but the Lady K nixed it.

The Dark Knight is back on Netflix, a great movie with a great ending
I loved the Dark Knight. But nothing will top my excitement as a 13 yo kid when Batman returned to the big screen with Keaton and Nicholson.
But when it comes to cleaning room, chores, etc, then it just goes away.
We are trying to get them early. Mine are 7 and 5, and they do simple chores to earn tech time. It seems to work.
Dan, if you’re looking for me when you call it this week, I’ll be enjoying a beverage at Singing Spirits pool bar.
You didn't need to tell me that mate. Wearing that shirt, I could see you from here.

Have a great day fellas.

I loved the Dark Knight. But nothing will top my excitement as a 13 yo kid when Batman returned to the big screen with Keaton and Nicholson.

Jodi and I owned a comic book store when Batman came out. We rented out a showing on opening day and sold tickets to our customers, and we sold out. Nothing like watching a Superhero movie in a theater full of comic book fans.

Morning boys from a hungover London. Went round my cousins last night (he lives a couple of streets away). Beer, Wine, Bourbon and the Grill got fired up. Today may not be the most productive 24hrs I've ever had. Jonesin' hard for an egg and bacon sandwich, but the butchers doesn't open until half eight.
Sorry, but need a translation/clarification...
half eight. Does this mean half an hour before 8 or 8 + a half?

We may have a Disney day today, as today was the day we were supposed to fly to the states. Hey ho. I was going to do "O'hana at home" but the Lady K nixed it.
That's just un-American! Oh wait, you're not. As Rosanne Rosannadanna would say, NEVER MIND.

Sorry, but need a translation/clarification...
half eight. Does this mean half an hour before 8 or 8 + a half?

That's just un-American! Oh wait, you're not. As Rosanne Rosannadanna would say, NEVER MIND.

0830. Where you say before, we say “to”, ie 0750 is “ten to eight” 0810 is “ten past eight”.

I think Un-American is a fascinating subject, in that a nationality is a group of behaviours. I did a little bit on my Uni thesis on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter