DD Graduated

Nice to hear from you Robert, yes, hope you feel better soon!

Are you going to Carluke on Saturday?
Thanks schumgirl yeah not doing to bad, hoping everything goes ok so we can get away. No not going over as she would be busy and would not get seeing her anyway with her working. Might following Sunday as that's her day off. soon have some hols to take but she will prob save them for after flat turf ends

Wow, just saw this thread.

Robert, have not heard from ya in a long time. Hope the health issues work out to get back to the USA.

I struggle weekly with my back still. But good thing I'm back to work now almost 5 years. I saw the pictures of DD and man she has grown up. Let me know when you plan on coming this way.

Wow, just saw this thread.

Robert, have not heard from ya in a long time. Hope the health issues work out to get back to the USA.

I struggle weekly with my back still. But good thing I'm back to work now almost 5 years. I saw the pictures of DD and man she has grown up. Let me know when you plan on coming this way.
That's good news about you , great getting older haha. Yeah still getting tests done,hoping to get back to work next month, all tests are ok up to now although waiting on Angiogram one, and 2 more in 2 weeks if they come back ok I am hoping to get put off hospital records as being ok and hopefully can then get Travel Insurance at a decent price, and hopefully get back next year. Will def let you know what happens. Yeah DD is turned 20 last month, in Scotland now and this trainer has said he will get her the apprentice licence next month. Hopefully he does as it's tough for girls whose parents are not into racing but she is a worker and will not give up.

quick update on DD, her boss approached her on Sunday and told her to see secretary to get her on the first app licence course, they apparently have to go through a process of fitness etc to make sure they are capable, not sure how long you wait on it, but he is more than happy to give her the chance. she has not told anyone till she gets the licence but all going good for her and we are all delighted for her, and the work she has put in and perseverred through trainers letting her down, when would have been easier to give up and go with the flow. so we are all over the moon as they say.
well i wont be in USA this year, as still on Docs books so hopefully next year

Fabulous news Robert......she has done amazingly well!

And fingers crossed you get back to America next year..........hope your health continues to improve :thumbsup2

This is good news about your daughter

She is finally catching a break in advancing in her career path

So glad to read she has never given up and now will be moving forward in the career

Congrats !!

Hope you are doing better and be able to make it to the states next year

thanks guys this is her nearest the camera exercising horses well horse lol. if it works. Cannot wait to get back to US been 4 years now i think maybe 5 and way to long. will post if i hear any news, and hope everyone is doin
g good. all the memories keep popping up on Facebook of my times in US is making it worse, but off to Scotland for 4 weeks next week.https://www.facebook.com/robert.mcfarland/videos/vb.1146243542/10206944835956493/?type=3

Last edited:

DD goes to Newmarket on 7th Nov for 5 days, for fitness, riding tests etc as her jockey course was more than 2 years ago and apparently they have to be assessed every year when you have licence. so hopeing she stays injury free till after the course at least lol. August course was booked up and this was the next one, as they only have about 4 a year.

WOOT. !!!!

Your daughter will pass with flying colors !

Hard to believe her journey has been 2 years now

Wishing her the best

WOOT. !!!!

Your daughter will pass with flying colors !

Hard to believe her journey has been 2 years now

Wishing her the best
Thanks Mac, yeah 2 years since she left RACE Academy been tough for all girls but this will mean she will be race riding all being well. Although working towards all this much longer. Heading over to Scotland today to see her before she goes down for her assessment.

Thanks Mac, yeah 2 years since she left RACE Academy been tough for all girls but this will mean she will be race riding all being well. Although working towards all this much longer. Heading over to Scotland today to see her before she goes down for her assessment.

Will keep fingers crossed for her Robert........it is still tough for girls in this discipline, so hope she does well.....

Enjoy Scotland and seeing DD......you must miss her a lot.

Will keep fingers crossed for her Robert........it is still tough for girls in this discipline, so hope she does well.....

Enjoy Scotland and seeing DD......you must miss her a lot.
. Yeah really tough why its took her a while and you waste time when your young because you believe the trainers, but this trainer is a young guy who would have been a top jockey now only for his struggle with his weight. Has took a real interest in her since she went to him and a trainer friend in Ireland has told me how impressed he is with her so needs to keep herself injury free if thats possible riding horses lol.? Will post here after her assessment for her licence in a few weeks

Last edited:
sorry for not updating but they have just got back to the Trainer on her jockey training course, took them near 4 weeks. but DD is now offically an Apprentice Jockey at http://keithdalgleish.co.uk. so hopefully it all goes well for her, now to look forward to her first race and a long learning process.

DD is having her first ride tomorrow 7th Jan at Wolverhampton in the 5:45 race on a horse called Ryan The Giant, not a great turn of speed, so she is to just do what she wants and enjoy it her trainer said, so she is thinking of trying to outrun them and hope non have a good turn of speed, but decide on the night

fantastic news, so glad you are sharing it with us!

do give us a heads up on how the ride goes for her.

going over in the morning back sunday night so post a video hopefully
. and thanks Mac

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter