DD Graduated

rpbert1

DIS Veteran
from RACE Academy Ireland on Friday, had a great year with excellent results and feedback, now she needs to find Apprenticeship. She starts work aith trainer Mr Dermot Weld at The Curragh on Monday so a well earned week off.
She also won The Derek O'Sullivsn award for overall contribution on the course which is quite an achievment and award to win. it was presented by Mr Johnny Murtagh , Diplomas presented by top class trainer Mr John Oxx.
probably most will not know any of these people or care but i know some had been following her progress

thankyou superme80,, she is now working and getting experience, and waiting for a few weeks to write to Trainers see if any will take her on. One closer to home is taking or thinking about taking one when he get extra horses from a Syndicate in the UK anout Nov, and would take her on if she wants to move back up, but needs obviously to see her riding for him first before deciding

I had been following your daughters progress ~ how wonderful she did so well and is following her dream!

Best wishes to her & her rightly proud family!
Peace.
Colleen

thanks everyone, very proud of her achievment this past year and winning that award was unbelievable. Now the hard work starts, she is working at Dermot Welds top trainer, but as in our careers meeting, Ireland is way behind most countries when it comes to girls getting apprenticeship to ride on the flat here, unless your parents etc are connected to big yards, although they said she would have no problem in England. she wants to do her training in Ireland, so is writing to trainers in Aug/Sep to see if any one is willing to take a chance with her, there loss if they dont. She has a small trainer who is looking for apprentice in Oct/Nov as he has extra horses coming , and would take her on depending on wether he likes her style so is planning to ride out for him in Sep, although he says to stay at the Curragh if possible, as their is more options, but not if they will not give her a chance

quick update on those who followed my DD progress. have not been on as holidays put on hold because of medical issues with me nothing serious just holding up my plans.
My DD has been with her trainer a year, but while he planned to take apprentice on in August seems he feels there is to many about and profesional jockeys and not enough racing to accomadate them all. she applied for job in UK with a trainer who is looking an apprentice, but will need to see her riding etc and how she gets on with his horses. She applied for the job and he phoned her the next day , and then phoned the following day to offer her the job, which was very quick , so must have been in touch with a few people to get some info on her. We take her over on Sunday and she starts work on Monday with www.eddegilesracing.com she is quite nervous about the new job and and not knowing anyone as this is only her 2nd job , and she just turned 19 so hope she settles in which i am sure she will. will get back soon hopefully with news on what happens and how she gets on.

Congratulations on her new position and skills. It seems someone was impressed since they offered her the position sight unseen. Please keep us posted on her adventures.

she is a lucky girl to get the new offer!
hoping she will get settled in quickly.

hope you are doing fine with the medical issue you have and be able to travel again soon.

always great to get an update from you and about your daughter!

Robert....fantastic to hear from you.......congrats to daughter.......she has done so well over the years! Beautiful pictures too......she looks very like her mum!!

She'll settle in over here just fine.....and I'll bet she'll love it.

Hope your DS is doing good too, and you and your wife...........:)

That's wonderful, congratulations. I hoe she gets on with a trainer she likes soon.

Last edited:
thanks guys, hey Macraven, hoping to get all clear by next year, and get back to US for a much needed holiday if i do will let you know, and thanks Schumgirl, hope you have a great holiday, and she will be fine once she sees the horses, oh and i have got her horse back to look after , lucky me lol. my son is doing great after the hip replacement, sad thing is he will need the other one done in a few years they said, but he is doing well,and back at work

Just arrived back today. DD settled in like she had been there for a while and got on with all the other lads and lasses. 6 riding out and 1 guy does the mucking out, and about 40 horses at the yard. had a chat and he seems happy enough with her, just need to get to know the horses and ride the way he wants which is slightly different to here in ireland. so DW was sad leaving her but has tremendous accomadation and is very settled.hope she gets sorted in the next few months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!