DD Graduated

it's always sad for a parent to leave their child no matter how old they are.

just how life goes..

i have a feeling that your daughter will be superb and the trainer will be awed by her performance.

about your son needing another hip replacement down the road, i know a couple of people that had the second one down 4 years after the first one was replaced.
wish him well.

Thanks Mac, yeah she has been in Kildare for 2 years, but we could always drive down, this time although still not far it is not possible to drive down the motorway , so bit different, and hopefully she will be fine. She got a letter today from her trainer she was with wishing her all the best , and not to hesitate to get in touch if she needs anything , which i think was lovely from such a big name in racing. and she got her certificate for a course she done in Equine and Physiology where she got a Merit in Level 5 which equates to 15 FET points, not sure what they all mean lol, but she had a level4 completed so always something else for her CV

Glad to hear her update Robert..........she'll do great I'm sure. I'm sure it was hard to leave her, but you know she's being taken care of too........sounds like they really look after the youngsters there.

She'll have a wonderful time there and what an experience!!

Glad your son is doing ok .........sucks he'll need another one though. But again, it'll be worth it for him once it's done.

I'm sure we will have a great trip too.....thanks.......:)

Glad to hear her update Robert..........she'll do great I'm sure. I'm sure it was hard to leave her, but you know she's being taken care of too........sounds like they really look after the youngsters there.

She'll have a wonderful time there and what an experience!!

Glad your son is doing ok .........sucks he'll need another one though. But again, it'll be worth it for him once it's done.

I'm sure we will have a great trip too.....thanks.......:)

Thankyou, yeah you will have a fab time as always, hopefully i will get away soon. yeah the trainer and his wife live beside her and will help her with anything she needs. real lovely guy

Dedicated kid. You must be so proud of her! :goodvibes

thank you, yeah so proud of what she has achieved, hopefully it all works out for her, if not, she is always working at what she loves

we are back a few das after being over seeing her for 2 weeks. getting on well, and trainer app very pleased with her, she is still going on Oct/Nov for her first ride all being well, her Head Lass reckons it will be long before that, but she is happy to wait and loves where she is, being riding work the last couple of weeks practically everyday, and was sent overnight stay with a horse to Edinburgh for a race which she enjoyed, as she had to do all the entering etc and get him ready for the race.
DD riding work, she likes to win even in this lol.

She lives in the Hop Kiln to the right of the main house ,has all top floor plus the spier bit, its her bedroom and below kitchen bathroom and shower, and a large living area

Attachments

• 11951798_431057827090141_4028448552218280163_n.jpg
    11951798_431057827090141_4028448552218280163_n.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 11
  • web-g-eddegilesracingweb-64-w640h480.jpg
    web-g-eddegilesracingweb-64-w640h480.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 10

so good to hear the news and how she is doing.
bet you are more relaxed not that you got to see her two weeks.

beautiful pics you are showing us!

Nice you got to have such a lovely visit with her Robert.....beautiful part of the country she is in........

Glad she`s enjoying her time over here........nice update.....thanks.....:)

How lovely to see the update! So exciting when one gets to live out a dream!
Thanks for the pictures ~ beautiful.

Fantastic updates! I really enjoy hearing about how she is doing.

I was born and raised in the Louisville, KY area - maybe someday we will see her at the Kentucky Derby!

thanks again everyone, she has settled well and going at Halloween for a week. Schumgirl Ledbury and all that area is absolutly beautiful. Debs in IA, she considered USA, as our cousin trained there and still lives in kentucky, wether it would be Kentucky Derby is pushing the stakes higher lol

Have not been on for a while as no holidays planned because of ongoing medical tests, hoped to get this year but still more to be done so at least another 6 months till I know if I will get, been invited to cousins 50th anniversary in LA in June, but unable to get. anyway. Daughter moved yards in January, trainer insisted he was getting her sorted, but was always short staffed, so she decided enough was enough and just left, came home for a 2 week break to get sorted, and sent CV into 5 trainers, and got 4 job offers within a few days, so had to decide where to and best. so she moved to Scotland and is loving where she is, and was told this trainer would give her a chance. The assistant reckons she has great prospects, and they moved her to top stable after 2 weeks, so all going well, and is planning to talk to the boss this week about prospects of getting apprenticeship. so hopefully will get some word soon. but she is def not giving up no matter how hard or knock backs she gets. the trainer she went to is http://keithdalgleish.co.uk/

hope you pass all your tests !!!
6 months from now let us know if you did.
(when i taught school, i always loved giving out a A+ for those passing tests.
Will do that for you when you give us the heads up...)

I"m sending positive thoughts that your daughter succeeds in Scotland with the new trainer.
Once she is there for a bit, he will see she shines and the apprenticeship is hers for the asking.
Your daughter is strong and bright, she will succeed.

Have not been on for a while as no holidays planned because of ongoing medical tests, hoped to get this year but still more to be done so at least another 6 months till I know if I will get, been invited to cousins 50th anniversary in LA in June, but unable to get. anyway. Daughter moved yards in January, trainer insisted he was getting her sorted, but was always short staffed, so she decided enough was enough and just left, came home for a 2 week break to get sorted, and sent CV into 5 trainers, and got 4 job offers within a few days, so had to decide where to and best. so she moved to Scotland and is loving where she is, and was told this trainer would give her a chance. The assistant reckons she has great prospects, and they moved her to top stable after 2 weeks, so all going well, and is planning to talk to the boss this week about prospects of getting apprenticeship. so hopefully will get some word soon. but she is def not giving up no matter how hard or knock backs she gets. the trainer she went to is http://keithdalgleish.co.uk/

Robert........nice to see you post again.......was thinking about you recently and wondered how things were with you and DD and your DS also......

Lovely news about DD.........she'll be well looked after there, nice she was in demand.....she must be doing very well in her choice of career....

Hope you get good news with all things medical too.........:wave2:

Robert........nice to see you post again.......was thinking about you recently and wondered how things were with you and DD and your DS also......

Lovely news about DD.........she'll be well looked after there, nice she was in demand.....she must be doing very well in her choice of career....

Hope you get good news with all things medical too.........:wave2:

Hi Scumgirl, DS is doing great after his hip replacement and back at work, so all looking ok and while he needs the other done, its just not so bad at this time. yeah she is getting on well in Scotland and they are more than happy with her, but she needs to ask for apprenticeship, seems to be a thing in racing , you have to ask for anything you want. She is planning a meeting with the boss soon when the time is right as she says, although maybe a bit apprehensive,

hope you pass all your tests !!!
6 months from now let us know if you did.
(when i taught school, i always loved giving out a A+ for those passing tests.
Will do that for you when you give us the heads up...)

I"m sending positive thoughts that your daughter succeeds in Scotland with the new trainer.
Once she is there for a bit, he will see she shines and the apprenticeship is hers for the asking.
Your daughter is strong and bright, she will succeed.
will do mac. hoping they are all good, lot to be said for getting older lol I would like an A* [star lol] thanks for that about daughter ,she is very strong minded and when she sets out to do something she wont stop till its done and done right. doing extremely well only there about 7 weeks now and they are more than pleased with her, just hope they give her what she wants. as last one really did mess her about, but told us she was the best worker they had had in 6 years they have been at it , but promised the apprenticeship but didn't follow through for whatever reason.

anyone living near Carluke Scotland, they have an open day on Sunday at the stables. hope everyone is doing and keeping well. I am still off on sick, but hopefully everything is good. hoping all my results will be ok, should know in about 5 months, and hopeing for good ones so I can see about getting away on hol again

Nice to hear from you Robert, yes, hope you feel better soon!

Are you going to Carluke on Saturday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter