DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

The hashbrowns in Cabana's for sure! My husband thinks they are disgusting....I try to just have one but on my last cruise one morning I got two (among other food items) and I actually struggled to eat the second one and didn't feel very good afterwards lol Won't stop me going forward, I'll just stick to one each time :rotfl2:
Yup, at a certain point into that second one the grease starts to overwhelm...but I'll still try!:lmao:

Technically drink, but...

Hot chocolate, specifically on the Wonder as they have a machine and not mix-your-own packets. I can mix my own at home, but there’s something about that machine... I love getting a cup in the evening or before heading into a cold theater. You know... right after I’ve eaten a vanilla ice cream cone. :-)

I haven’t even done Alaska yet, so I bet my hot chocoate intake will double when we go next month.

Those dang chicken fingers! I know some people say they are just Tyson but I don't think so. Or they get Tyson to do something extra with them Even DH says "why are these things so darn good?" LOL We get them in the parks too when we really don't know what to eat. I generally stay away from fried/breaded anything but I can't help it especially when they are fresh on the pool deck.

I very rarely eat a big breakfast home, so I tend to go a little overboard (no pun intended) at cabanas breakfast...eggs, hash brown, pancakes, donuts...you name it! I also try to find the time, and room for at least 1 hamburger on deck...something else I don't have often at home.

Sadly they no longer have the sweet temptations on the menu anymore. I believe they dropped it over a year ago. I always ordered it also. I wish they would bring it back!!

Oh no!:sad1:

I may be mistaken, but I thought I had ordered it during my July 2017 British Isles cruise. When I couldn't order it on our Christmas cruise, I thought it was just a change during the holidays.

I guess it wasn't too popular or it was too labour intensive to prepare.

Technically drink, but...

Hot chocolate, specifically on the Wonder as they have a machine and not mix-your-own packets. I can mix my own at home, but there’s something about that machine... I love getting a cup in the evening or before heading into a cold theater. You know... right after I’ve eaten a vanilla ice cream cone. :-)

I haven’t even done Alaska yet, so I bet my hot chocoate intake will double when we go next month.

I think I overloaded on hot chocolate during our Alaskan cruise as well...I don't even like that kind of hot chocolate, but I had at least 3 per day. Definitely not good....Even though it wasn't cool on the British Isle cruise, I had at least 2 per day...It seemed to fit with the cruise. I think I'm going to be in trouble when we go on the Norway/Iceland cruise this summer...perhaps, I should resign to drinking ONLY water a week before our trip....

Nice crispy bacon. I know its something that we can have practically anywhere but we never do. (Don't cook it at home except on very rare occasions and even when we go out for breakfast at home we don't order it.) There was one cruise where they had bacon available as a topping for burgers on the pool deck - oh that was a great cruise!

We balance it out with all the fresh pineapple that we eat. (Something about having someone else cut it up makes it taste that much better!)

I LOVE those hash browns! I don't eat much breakfast at home and I'm pretty sure that my extra cruise weight is due to breakfast at Cabanas....hash browns, Krispy Kreme donuts, Mickey waffles.....lol

Thing mentioned in this thread are the reason I gained 7 pounds and DH gained 13 on our last cruise. :teeth::D

We have gotten into the tradition on embarkation day before we even set sail ordering the All Hands On Deck cheese and crackers from room service. This past cruise we got it multiple times for a snack.

Chicken fingers on deck! They remind me of the ones from Publix. The crew think I am crazy because I always ask for 1 chicken finger and a couple fries. But I feel less guilty that way, and if I want another one I have to get up and got get it - I do this a few times throughout the cruise.

Free flowing ice cream is always a good thing, but The Gelato is to die for and we buy a 3 scoop cup to share at least once. And I have to have a Mickey bar for desert at least once.

Oh, and I discovered the warm croissants at the cove this past trip. YUM!!!!!!!!! It was everything for me not to have 2.

Question - some of you have mentioned the cookies from room service - are they different fro the ones on the pool deck? Because I am not a fan of the ones on deck - they are mediocre at best to me. If the room service ones are better that will go on the top of the Food to eat for our next cruise.

From the kids menu - the whole wheat penne pasta - we order that once or twice as our adult entree in the dining rooms - it is so good :)

The breakfast musli with toppings in Cabanas. I love that stuff. I’d like to think it was a healthy option but I’ve seen the recipe. It has heavy cream in it.

Nooo! I thought I was being somewhat healthy with this last week! lol But I love it too, so I guess that is my guilty pleasure on DCL.

Also, same as everyone, the chicken fingers - a great 5pm snack! (we had late seating)

For DH, it's the mickey bar. And our boys love the banana ice cream. They have fessed up to having it 3-5 times a day! (so could be more). They definitely had so much ice cream during the day they never had interest in dessert in the dining room!

Question - some of you have mentioned the cookies from room service - are they different fro the ones on the pool deck? Because I am not a fan of the ones on deck - they are mediocre at best to me. If the room service ones are better that will go on the top of the Food to eat for our next cruise.

We haven't ordered then in a while...I would say it's been a few years...but the ones we received were not the small ones on deck. Ours was as big as a small plate. My children liked them, but not enough to order them twice, I guess.

I love me some greasy hashbrowns as well- although they could be a little crispier. I'll have at least one every morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter