Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an AP and I have three 2-year olds...just getting in and out of one park with all the strollers and gear is an Olympic sport. In other words, We don't park hop and that's not a deal breaker for us 😂
I go solo most of the time, and it’s really rare for me to hop. The last time I hopped was the day I went over to ride UoE and GMR for the last time, which necessitated the hop between Epcot and the Studios. I don’t spend more than 4-6 hours in the park, so the shorter hours are OK for me also. The only thing that would cause me to cancel my 11 day trip in August is if I can’t get park reservations for eight of those days. I like a rest day about every third day, so I don’t need one every day of my stay. I will miss making the spontaneous choice of which park I am going to each day. I am usually good at sticking to my plans the first three days, then it all goes out the window and I change parks and FP on the fly. Won’t be able to do that for a while. I will deal with it.

Genuine question: is there anyone on this thread that has decided not to go forward with their trip because of Disney canceling FP+s and ADRs?

I’m not talking about because of limited park hours, no nighttime spectaculars, no parades, no characters, etc... I’m asking about people who were okay with that but drew the line at these cancellations.

Me. I won't cancel for a while so as not to cut myself off from a rebook incentive, but the cancellation of FP (and free dining) is enough for me not to go as I planned in July right after the parks open. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old who can't really handle long lines. I want to know what I'm getting into with wait times before taking them in the sweltering heat and expecting them to wear masks in lines without FP for any attractions. If I see in July that the lines are all basically walk on, I may try to rebook for late August. There are many things that make me hesitate but for us no FP IS what pulled the plug on our July 23rd trip. I don't hold it against Disney at all. They are opening as they can during a pandemic and I respect that. I just have to balance the needs of my family.

“Welcome to Magic Kingdom! Your time allowed in the park will be from 10 am to 1 pm. You can have your choice of two rides as long as neither are Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. You are allowed to eat a packaged ice cream Mickey at exactly 12 noon in the corner there by yourself no sharing allowed. Bathroom break is at 11. If you’re still in the park after 1 pm you will have the remaining 4 days of your 5 day tickets voided with no refund.“

/s

I’m trying to follow along, but I’m having a hard time understanding and keeping up with everything. Is there a resource where I can fully understand how this impacts me? I have anJuly 18th reservation that’s a split stay at All Star Movies and DVC. The ASM has the free dining for kids. It was just going to be me and my kids so this was a huge savings. If I modify my reservation for next summer, I’m just getting 35% off the hotel, right? And dining plans still won’t be an option next summer, correct? This all makes my head spin.

Oddly... (yes I am fortunate enough to go to Disney Regularly) I am excited I expect very little crowds during my July reservations very few families since i think most of thier plans are obliterated but to me I think lines will be very low in July and I will get to ride all the things. Only thing ill miss are the fireworks

Its nice to be able to do a adult trip without little ones and expecting all the little ones to be gone. I oddly view this as a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Adult Disney Visitors. At least those who dont care about the things I mentioned

#ThisIsMyOpinionAndIfYoursIsDifferentThatsOk

“Welcome to Magic Kingdom! Your time allowed in the park will be from 10 am to 1 pm. You can take your choice of two rides as long as neither are Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. You are allowed to eat a packaged ice cream Mickey at exactly 12 noon in the corner there by yourself no sharing allowed. Bathroom break is at 11. If you’re still in the park after 1 pm you will have the remaining 4 days of your 5 day tickets voided with no refund.“

/s
"At 11:30, we will take your picture in front of a green screen with a camera in a box. We will then Photoshop you in front of all the popular locations of the Magic Kingdom. This will replace Magic Maker'

That caring about the environment is SO pre-covid, too. Disposable everything!😂

Humans are so wishy washy.
“Welcome to Magic Kingdom! Your time allowed in the park will be from 10 am to 1 pm. You can have your choice of two rides as long as neither are Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. You are allowed to eat a packaged ice cream Mickey at exactly 12 noon in the corner there by yourself no sharing allowed. Bathroom break is at 11. If you’re still in the park after 1 pm you will have the remaining 4 days of your 5 day tickets voided with no refund.“

/s
Yessssss, entertainment starting early tonight!

now all we have to do is put some cheese out for Remy

I’m trying to follow along, but I’m having a hard time understanding and keeping up with everything. Is there a resource where I can fully understand how this impacts me? I have anJuly 18th reservation that’s a split stay at All Star Movies and DVC. The ASM has the free dining for kids. It was just going to be me and my kids so this was a huge savings. If I modify my reservation for next summer, I’m just getting 35% off the hotel, right? And dining plans still won’t be an option next summer, correct? This all makes my head spin.

We don't know for sure yet. The 35% discount is just a rumor at this point, not confirmed. Very little information has been officially announced. We're just bouncing around speculation and rumors and assumptions here, sprinkled with confirmed news sometimes. There is a dedicated thread for confirmed news, though. @rteetz is updating it as we find out things. Link below!

Confirmed News Thread

oh my lanta the DRAMA.

People. It's still Disney. We're still going to be able to visit the parks, see the characters (from a far), ride the rides, and be in the atmosphere! If you don't like how Disney is going to look in July, or for the foreseeable future - DON'T GO! No one is forcing you to go.

Disney will return back to normal operations once it's safe to do so. We don't know what this virus is going to look like next week, or next month. We're just along for the ride and adapting life to be able to survive. That's what we do as humans, we adapt. And Disney is adapting their business to survive. We're even lucky that they are trying to open to the public and taking these extreme measures to keep us safe.

Yeah it burns to be have to cancel you "once in a lifetime" trip, and your children wont be as little next time you go, and maybe the princesses wont be "real" next time, but unfortunately it's what has to happen. I'm so sorry for everyone who is struggling with the process right now, but the drama surrounding "DISNEY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME" is ludicrous.

Well this is annoying, lol. Without EMH, characters & parades/fireworks, I just might wait a few extra months past September. I don't see anything about Park-Hopping rules changing.

The website says I'll be getting refunded for my pre-paid Cinderella's Royal Table reservations (two of them; Sept. and a backup for November). At least I can book those 60 days in advance (which always struck me as better and more fair, anyways... though it's now timed exactly with FastPass openings).

Here's a question, will the list of rides/attractions NOT opening be published before the new reservation system comes out?

We haven't made a decision yet but could save our tickets and go to UO; and then Disney next year if the ride/attraction options aren't what we are wanting/hoping...

Will Disney give us this info soon enough to make a decision?

Oddly... (yes I am fortunate enough to go to Disney Regularly) I am excited I expect very little crowds during my July reservations very few families since i think most of thier plans are obliterated but to me I think lines will be very low in July and I will get to ride all the things. Only thing ill miss are the fireworks

Its nice to be able to do a adult trip without little ones and expecting all the little ones to be gone. I oddly view this as a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Adult Disney Visitors. At least those who dont care about the things I mentioned

#ThisIsMyOpinionAndIfYoursIsDifferentThatsOk
Yes! If our shortened/rebooked trip happens, we're looking forward to "something new and different." I may be disappointed in the end and wonder why I went through with it, but then again this could be the trip we never stop referring to. "Remember Covid Coaster Trip...man that was the best!"

oh my lanta the DRAMA.

People. It's still Disney. We're still going to be able to visit the parks, see the characters (from a far), ride the rides, and be in the atmosphere! If you don't like how Disney is going to look in July, or for the foreseeable future - DON'T GO! No one is forcing you to go.

Disney will return back to normal operations once it's safe to do so. We don't know what this virus is going to look like next week, or next month. We're just along for the ride and adapting life to be able to survive. That's what we do as humans, we adapt. And Disney is adapting their business to survive. We're even lucky that they are trying to open to the public and taking these extreme measures to keep us safe.

Yeah it burns to be have to cancel you "once in a lifetime" trip, and your children wont be as little next time you go, and maybe the princesses wont be "real" next time, but unfortunately it's what has to happen. I'm so sorry for everyone who is struggling with the process right now, but the drama surrounding "DISNEY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME" is ludicrous.
Yes! If our shortened/rebooked trip happens, we're looking forward to "something new and different." I may be disappointed in the end and wonder why I went through with it, but then again this could be the trip we never stop referring to. "Remember Covid Coaster Trip...man that was the best!"

Remember when disney artifically capped the park at 30% so we could do so many things and get great photos with less people in them! :)

INB4: Remember when we died due to masks hurr durr.. or something. Were allowed to be excited for our trips people. I feel for you if you have ruined plans best wishes in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter