Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently have a Sept room only (DVC) reservation. Have not purchased tickets yet. Have not received an email.

The news (well, rumor) about no hopping really bites. Totally expected tho.

I suppose the next big axe to fall is cancellation of F&W, right? If the fest is being canceled, that has to come soon I would think.

I also just checked and my breakfast reservation for Tratorria al Forno on Friday, September 25 is now gone but all my other reservations are still there including a PPO Garden Grille at 8:05 and Epcot isn’t opening until 11.

Same exact thing for me, but in August.

My guesses:
No park hopping
Resort and ticket reservation doesn’t guarantee you can get a park reservation
Staggering arrival times to the park
List of attractions not opening
No droid depot or lightsaber builds
Something weird like limits to ride share on property
List of resorts not open
The new reservation system is the Genie thing and everybody’s gonna have to pay for it.
I doubt the second prediction; resort guests will be the first to be able to book, I would imagine.

Can anyone answer this....We had a trip in March that was cancelled. It was not a package. Room Ressie and Tix separate. The room was cancelled but the Tix were dated to last until 12/20. Since we have Tix, will we be part of the group that can make a Ressie? Can we stay off-site or make an on-site hotel Ressie? Also, has Disney given any indication of how long this will last (having to make a reservation to enter the park, unable to book a room, ECT..). So sorry for the long questions! TIA for any help!
It seems that you need an on-site reservation and tickets of some variety. :)

I find it odd that I still haven’t gotten an email. We have two trips in July, both with DDP and tickets. It makes me nervous about communication when it’s time to book

For all those that are saying that they have not received an e-mail, have you checked you junk/spam e-mail folder? I generally receive e-mail from Disney for resort and dining reservations and they go straight to my inbox.

For some reason, the two e-mails sent from Disney Destinations late last night were initially blocked and I had to manually release them to my inbox once notified.

I was also thinking what about the silver annual passholders that normally have blackout dates...I pretty sure they were normally allowed to go during April and May, but blackout during the summer...?

That's less than 1 week notice. We're over a month away from WDW opening!
When Universal announced they were opening the parks in June last week I wandered on to the hotel websites and could book Hardrock and a few others for opening day. Their calendar then said they would open the 2nd. Their website was trumpeting the included express pass. They may not have explicitly said the resorts would be open, but they were booking rooms.

For all those that are saying that they have not received an e-mail, have you checked you junk/spam e-mail folder? I generally receive e-mail from Disney for resort and dining reservations and

For some reason, the two e-mails sent from Disney Destinations late last night were initially blocked and I had to manually release them to my inbox once notified.

I’ve checked every folder and searched all mailboxes repeatedly. There’s nothing there.

My guess for the news today will be obviously about park hopping and CL cuts, but also they will name the hotels that aren't going to open. Maybe about dining.

At the end they will say "Farro, you will specifically be affected next May by everything you are worried about, even if restrictions are lifted for everyone else".
😐 😬 😐

My guess for the news today will be obviously about park hopping and CL cuts, but also they will name the hotels that aren't going to open. Maybe about dining.

At the end they will say "Farro, you will specifically be affected next May by everything you are worried about, even if restrictions are lifted for everyone else".
😐 😬 😐

Pour some wine and stop worrying about May 2021!!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter