Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can see that being cut .. mainly because Disney can cut those cast members to save money .. because as it stands now .. I don't see how anyone is going to be coming out to Disney in droves.
This is a very important point to comprehend... Disney does not not want people coming in droves at this point in time. We really need to let go of the "business as usual" mindset if we want to seem tuned in to today's realities.

Yes. Because there are many variables to account for when inviting people living in a “bubble environment” and having them interacting with CMs or surfaces that were also interacted with by day guests.

Its either live in the bubble, or dont.
The bubble is not a surgical environment, they will rent out areas of the park and still be in the "bubble". , and in my opinion the "bubble" concept for the NBA will not be required by the time August rolls around.

For all those that are saying that they have not received an e-mail, have you checked you junk/spam e-mail folder? I generally receive e-mail from Disney for resort and dining reservations and they go straight to my inbox.

For some reason, the two e-mails sent from Disney Destinations late last night were initially blocked and I had to manually release them to my inbox once notified.
Yes, all the folders. Nothing

My guess for the news today will be obviously about park hopping and CL cuts, but also they will name the hotels that aren't going to open. Maybe about dining.

At the end they will say "Farro, you will specifically be affected next May by everything you are worried about, even if restrictions are lifted for everyone else".
😐 😬 😐
We had a May 2020 trip booked (planned one year in advance) that was obviously cancelled, and like you, we rescheduled for May 2021. All of these changes definitely worry me as well because I wonder how long they will last, and I wonder if Disney will ever be what it was.

Note: I did receive the email about the advance reservation for parks due to my reservation even though we returned our Military Salute tickets. I’m sure that a lot of us are receiving that due to resort reservations, but I’m positive that only those with valid tickets and reservations will actual be able to reserve park days. I took the email to be more of a procedural change notice, which again scares me that they feel this new process will last into 2021. We are also booked for Club Level, so I’m curious when/if that will be back...

I just got the email stating because I have valid tickets I will get priority access, and the only tickets I have on my account are unactivated APs. So they are definitely counting those as valid tickets. I currently have split stay reservations for July and one in October.
Unactivated as in new vouchers or expired ones that technically aren’t expired yet?

There have been plenty of pitchforks going around. I don't think the folks who called for/suggested it be closed longer got it any worse than those who called for/suggested it open earlier. From what I've seen, read and participated in, the board's been pretty split the whole way through.

Agree it has been split pretty evenly and mid July was considered an early date to open.

So you like it because Universal is opening earlier? That doesn't say anything about how they communicated or how Disney communicated poorly. Since you're not sure on the 2 for 1 tickets, that also doesn't lead to the conclusion that Universal's communications are better.

I realize the grass is greener on the other side, but once you realize all that grass really has is Harry Potter you'll be sorely disappointed.

Woah woah.. Dont want to start a Universal vs Disney ATTRACTION DEBATE. However... with a Universal Trip June 4th-7th and a Disney Trip July 14th-17th. Universal has far been the easier and much clearer player. Yes Disney is bigger. Yes I get Disney has more concerns. I agree with that. However as a adult who enjoys both. Universal definitely has handled this better in my personal opinion.

Now to be absolutely clear. Disney has my heart and soul and I love it far more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter