Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s going to keep getting worse.

Many people currently with fully put together reservations will not be able to go.

They will move people’s hotels around.

They will announce attraction closures, potentially including headliners (I don’t see how Soarin can operate personally).

They will probably limit pools and close certain restaurants in the parks and all sorts of other-as-yet-unconsidered inconveniences.

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to go in this scenario.

But they will also offer a rebooking offer. And I bet it will be good because they really, really need people to voluntarily move to 2021 so they don’t have to bump (too many) people.
It all started when Club Cool closed, and Bibo left the parks... Went downhill from there...

It’s going to keep getting worse.

Many people currently with fully put together reservations will not be able to go.

They will move people’s hotels around.

They will announce attraction closures, potentially including headliners (I don’t see how Soarin can operate personally).

They will probably limit pools and close certain restaurants in the parks and all sorts of other-as-yet-unconsidered inconveniences.

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to go in this scenario.

But they will also offer a rebooking offer. And I bet it will be good because they really, really need people to voluntarily move to 2021 so they don’t have to bump (too many) people.
Completely agree with this. If they decide to close 4-8 resorts, they need to move all the people that are booked for those resorts. But they're going to want to limit the amount of guests at the open hotels as well, so people are going to get their rooms cancelled if not enough people willingly cancel their trips. They cant just move everyone to a new hotel if that hotel is already at the new capacity. So people better be ready to have their resorts cancelled, even after the parks reopen.

I still haven’t received any emails regarding my 7/7-14 free dining trip purchased in January with 7 day park hoppers and memory maker included. You would think those with obviously cancelled trips would receive notification first. 😜
Looks like we were scheduled to be there at the same time :chat:, but I haven't heard squat from Disney either, except for them cancelling all my FP's under my Plans. Even my pre-7/11 ADR's haven't been cancelled, though have to admit none of them were in a theme park until 7/11. Wonder if they'll let me keep my ADR's even if I have to shift my trip to an arrival date of the 11th?

I read that MNSSHP is still happening.

But I am confused because Disney is rolling out that park reservation system. And they said there wouldn't be parades or fireworks. So it would just be uh, rides and trick or treating?
Maybe not even the trick or treating. Maybe each guest just gets a prepackaged and sealed goodie bag.

EDIT: Also, what about the special Meet and Greets. What happens to those? Who knows?

I read that MNSSHP is still happening.

But I am confused because Disney is rolling out that park reservation system. And they said there wouldn't be parades or fireworks. So it would just be uh, rides and trick or treating?

We don't know. Maybe they'll offer something more like Villains After Hours. Maybe by then they'll be able to have parades and fireworks. Maybe they'll end up cancelling parties after all. They haven't said; all we know right now is that MNSSHP is still valid for now.

Already cancelled and in the past trip friends, my tickets changed! Well some did.

Our original trip was in March, my kids and extended fam had Canadian discount hoppers. A few of them have now changed to the 9/2021 date. We are being auto changed woohoo!

I ordered them hats with face shields a couple weeks ago, even though at the time they weren't mandatory for 2 year olds. Figured it would help get them used to it, but now they're mandatory lol. They are on backorder tho so it'll be 1.5 months before I get them anyway
That wouldn’t comply with the fits snugly requirement or the ear loops or ties.:sad2:

Take a deep breath - Disney is not going away. I'm not going to say those 2 words that end in "normal", but I fully believe there will be permanent changes made going forward. Maybe ADRs aren't 180 days anymore. Maybe virtual queues work better than what we have now with folks waiting in lines. Maybe some other things are being planned we don't even know about yet. Some things we'll like, and other not. Think how some folks reacted to magic bands and FP+ and MDE and replacing TGMR and tons of other changes over time. We've adjusted before, we can do it again.

I also believe it will be years before most of the magic is restored. There's been so many cuts already with more to come, I can't see everything coming back to what it was even by 2023.

Something I noticed today when I looked at the MDE app. When I click on “Tickets and Passes” I see my original 5 day passes with a validity date extended through 9/26/21 but I also see a “FP PLANNING KEY CARD” for each member in my party with a valid date of 7/20/20 which matches the last day of of our resort reservation. Any

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter