Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question, will the list of rides/attractions NOT opening be published before the new reservation system comes out?

We haven't made a decision yet but could save our tickets and go to UO; and then Disney next year if the ride/attraction options aren't what we are wanting/hoping...

Will Disney give us this info soon enough to make a decision?

We're assuming so, but we don't know.

oh my lanta the DRAMA.

People. It's still Disney. We're still going to be able to visit the parks, see the characters (from a far), ride the rides, and be in the atmosphere! If you don't like how Disney is going to look in July, or for the foreseeable future - DON'T GO! No one is forcing you to go.

Disney will return back to normal operations once it's safe to do so. We don't know what this virus is going to look like next week, or next month. We're just along for the ride and adapting life to be able to survive. That's what we do as humans, we adapt. And Disney is adapting their business to survive. We're even lucky that they are trying to open to the public and taking these extreme measures to keep us safe.

Yeah it burns to be have to cancel you "once in a lifetime" trip, and your children wont be as little next time you go, and maybe the princesses wont be "real" next time, but unfortunately it's what has to happen. I'm so sorry for everyone who is struggling with the process right now, but the drama surrounding "DISNEY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME" is ludicrous.
Thank you for your great post. You’ve said so eloquently much of what many of us are thinking.

Holy smokes!! With 3 two year olds the mask thing would a solid deal breaker for me. I wouldn’t have the patience to deal with that 🤣
I ordered them hats with face shields a couple weeks ago, even though at the time they weren't mandatory for 2 year olds. Figured it would help get them used to it, but now they're mandatory lol. They are on backorder tho so it'll be 1.5 months before I get them anyway

oh my lanta the DRAMA.

People. It's still Disney. We're still going to be able to visit the parks, see the characters (from a far), ride the rides, and be in the atmosphere! If you don't like how Disney is going to look in July, or for the foreseeable future - DON'T GO! No one is forcing you to go.

Disney will return back to normal operations once it's safe to do so. We don't know what this virus is going to look like next week, or next month. We're just along for the ride and adapting life to be able to survive. That's what we do as humans, we adapt. And Disney is adapting their business to survive. We're even lucky that they are trying to open to the public and taking these extreme measures to keep us safe.

Yeah it burns to be have to cancel you "once in a lifetime" trip, and your children wont be as little next time you go, and maybe the princesses wont be "real" next time, but unfortunately it's what has to happen. I'm so sorry for everyone who is struggling with the process right now, but the drama surrounding "DISNEY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME" is ludicrous.

I agree.
But come on, you took a couple rides on the "drama llama" yourself. We all have! It itches my legs.
:rotfl:

My guesses:
No park hopping
Resort and ticket reservation doesn’t guarantee you can get a park reservation
Staggering arrival times to the park
List of attractions not opening
No droid depot or lightsaber builds
Something weird like limits to ride share on property
List of resorts not open
The new reservation system is the Genie thing and everybody’s gonna have to pay for it.
In order...
Maybe
Definitely they’ll announce this at some point
No
Maybe
Maybe
I don’t think they’ll regulate Lyft/Uber
Hopefully
I very, very much doubt it

I still haven’t received any emails regarding my 7/7-14 free dining trip purchased in January with 7 day park hoppers and memory maker included. You would think those with obviously cancelled trips would receive notification first. 😜

Can rteetz or Remy at least tell us if we should be non-stop refreshing the DPB again or if it'll be on some other site this time? 😆

Or if yesterday WAS the big Friday news drop... but early? Are we even getting more today, or will they just make us wait?

So many possibilities...

Been busy today so I haven't kept up as much. Can someone summarize what has happened today:

So far I know about the passholder previews

Based on the Sept 2021 date, it seems like Disney wants to be back (or even better...we don't know about changes yet) in time for 50th. I think they are going to push people to come between Oct 2021 and Sept 2022 and have lots of new upcharges for 50th.
Then, I wonder if I should move our trip again when I’m able to do so... if things won’t be back by May 2021. I’m very surprised by the Sept. 2021 timeline for the dining— does this mean that there will not be dining plans until after that (if ever again), or just that those who had them through that date are cancelled?

People are acting like the DDP is gone for all eternity and they will never be able to eat in the Castle ever again.

But...I think this will give Disney the opportunity to start fresh with some concepts and we won't have reservation and packages the same as they were before. This may be good or bad.

For example, to make up for losses, Disney could automatically bundle food with resort reservations going forward.

How may changes until it really isn’t Disney anymore?

Seems like it gets worse by the hour.
It’s going to keep getting worse.

Many people currently with fully put together reservations will not be able to go.

They will move people’s hotels around.

They will announce attraction closures, potentially including headliners (I don’t see how Soarin can operate personally).

They will probably limit pools and close certain restaurants in the parks and all sorts of other-as-yet-unconsidered inconveniences.

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to go in this scenario.

But they will also offer a rebooking offer. And I bet it will be good because they really, really need people to voluntarily move to 2021 so they don’t have to bump (too many) people.

It’s going to keep getting worse.

Many people currently with fully put together reservations will not be able to go.

They will move people’s hotels around.

They will announce attraction closures, potentially including headliners (I don’t see how Soarin can operate personally).

They will probably limit pools and close certain restaurants in the parks and all sorts of other-as-yet-unconsidered inconveniences.

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to go in this scenario.

But they will also offer a rebooking offer. And I bet it will be good because they really, really need people to voluntarily move to 2021 so they don’t have to bump (too many) people.

Hi sunshine! ☀ 😜

Then, I wonder if I should move our trip again when I’m able to do so... if things won’t be back by May 2021. I’m very surprised by the Sept. 2021 timeline for the dining— does this mean that there will not be dining plans until after that (if ever again), or just that those who had them through that date are cancelled?

Unfortunately, we don't know yet. They've confirmed very little information so far. Honestly, they might not even know about dining plans beyond September 2021 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter