Character Photos

Tillybud

DIS Veteran
I get a bit carried away with the number of photo's we have taken with characters which I then go on to buy but I have to admit I'm getting better and I save all my little slips til towards the end of the day and buy them in one go as it works out cheaper that way. But does anyone know if the slips you are given in the Park would actually bring up the photo's in the photo place in the Studio or vice versa or even on the machines they have in each hotel ? Photo's are probably one of my biggest indulgences while we're there and the more you order the cheaper the cost of each picture becomes so I'm just wondering if I could get them all from the same place regardless of whether they were taken in the Park, the Studio or even the Hotel ? thanks

Unfortunately the photos between the Studios, Disneyland park and resort hotels are not linked so you could not buy them all at the same time.

What I do know is that at the resorts and maybe the parks the photos are held for 3 days. We used this to great effect at DCR. For 3 days we went along each evening for the character meet n greets.
Then instead of paying €15 for 1 photo we bought 10 for a total of €47 :thumbsup2 The doubles were used as presents for grannie and co :goodvibes

Has anyone else found the 'professional' photos a bit poor? I was quite shocked at our 08 versions, we took better ourselves!..we did buy one though just for the sake of it!

I felt bad though when Jade met Belle, the guy tried to take a photo (I never noticed) but I walked in front of him and asked Jade to look at me and he stood back taking the 'mickey' outta me and the people in the queue started laughing...you kinda had to be there .... it looked like I was trying to steal his job! He did take photos after I had finished!;)

thanks for that, I didn't realise they held them for 3 days so I guess I could let all our little slips add up ;)

I love the professional ones, even though they are virtually the same as the ones we take ... perhaps just a slightly different angle I just have to buy them. We got a great one with dd and ds with Sulley in June but the guy just wasn't budging so I had to sit beneath him to try and get a good shot but unfortunately it looked wrong ... wish I'd seen you take over :)

thanks for that, I didn't realise they held them for 3 days so I guess I could let all our little slips add up ;)

I love the professional ones, even though they are virtually the same as the ones we take ... perhaps just a slightly different angle I just have to buy them. We got a great one with dd and ds with Sulley in June but the guy just wasn't budging so I had to sit beneath him to try and get a good shot but unfortunately it looked wrong ... wish I'd seen you take over :)

Well 07 ones were ok but in 08 we are talking red eye and outta focus! Maybe the guy was having a bad day! Oh yeah and we bought one out off the hotel (characters in the morning) and we all had red faces????? looks like we all have a rash!:confused3
In 06we got a few though and they seemed really good, I loved the one we have of my daughter and snowwhite...its brill:thumbsup2

I brought quite a few on our first trip, plus kyra got a really large photo free for us being family of the day. But i think when i look back at them the pics i took myself were so much better lol.

so can you just take your own photos instead of buying them? i wouldnt mind buying one or two but not all of them

I haven't bought any official photos - I just take the pics myself as DD is getting her autographs. I find, if you ask the characters nicely, even in a scrum, they will happily pose for a photo for you. You don't have to ask at the queue meet n greets, as there is usually plenty of time for the official photographer and you to take pics (just stand near him/her and snap away).

Elaine

When I met Sulley, we got a group photo taken and then I got one taken on my own and my mam took some of me too so i bought 2 photos but also had some nice ones of my own too.

Ashleigh x

so can you just take your own photos instead of buying them? i wouldnt mind buying one or two but not all of them

on our last trip the proper photographer would also take photos for us using our own camera ... I was quite impressed by this as it meant we could compare the two. I had never thought to ask until I saw other people doing it so why not ?

The photographers are not professional photographers they are just CM's with a fancy camera, well thats what one CM told me lol.

Well 07 ones were ok but in 08 we are talking red eye and outta focus! Maybe the guy was having a bad day! Oh yeah and we bought one out off the hotel (characters in the morning) and we all had red faces????? looks like we all have a rash!:confused3
In 06we got a few though and they seemed really good, I loved the one we have of my daughter and snowwhite...its brill:thumbsup2

I would say that is not the photographers fault but go as far as saying there was a problem with the camera as most of not all cameras now have the red eye function & I would imagine they shoot on auto set up for the simplicity of it. Therefore shouldn't be out of focus.

Personally we have never had a problem with our photos over the years.

I'm a sucker for the ride and character photos. Think we bought over 20 on this last trip :eek:

I'm a sucker for the ride and character photos. Think we bought over 20 on this last trip :eek:

I'm certainly a sucker for the ride photos. Once upon a time, I used to try to buy one for every major ride I went on, although that got quite expensive when visiting new parks.

Even so, There's only a few rides at various parks across Europe which I haven't got photos on.

on our last trip the proper photographer would also take photos for us using our own camera ... I was quite impressed by this as it meant we could compare the two. I had never thought to ask until I saw other people doing it so why not ?

Yeah I asked the guy in Santa fe when Goofy was there to take a photo using my camera .... no one knows me across there so I got brave!:rotfl: He did then took one using his own camera, he was really nice actually!
I always take photos either before or after the professionals ... its my kids after all and I paid for the holiday:confused3

Edited to say I'm really cheap, I edit them with a white frame and put fancy writing on it saying Disneyland 2008.... I had loads of photos of Joshua cuddling characters... I went to town on them!:rotfl: They are really gorgous looking! How tight am I?:rotfl:

I would say that is not the photographers fault but go as far as saying there was a problem with the camera as most of not all cameras now have the red eye function & I would imagine they shoot on auto set up for the simplicity of it. Therefore shouldn't be out of focus.

Personally we have never had a problem with our photos over the years.

The thing is the guy at the till showing us actually said 'no you won't be wanting them':rotfl: made my life easier! (although we did buy the red faced one)

Wow thanks for this info - our first trip coming up and this is great! So you basically save your slips up until the end of the day and then where do you go to buy them please? We are staying offsite so no Disney hotel...

Oooh never thought of doing that, will have to give it a try with some I've got!

Turn a few black n white too they look nice in a thick black frame with a cream mount! Poundstretchers had them for £3 for a 8x10 size;) 8x10 sizes to get printed is only about a quid...so for £4 you got a lovely pic in a good size!

Oh and I was here before going on about the mosiacs!:rotfl: ..there is a free program (legal) that you can get and you choose one of you photos ie a mickey statue, then you upload all your disney photos and they are re arranged so that they are all on the photo, so standing back it looks like your mickey photo but close up you can see tiny disney photos!..I was obsessed with that one for too long!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter