Canadian resident tickets?

nvm, looks like they were added for me :-)
I can now see them in the disney app. Where does it say you need to show your prove of residency before you can use them?

I can now see them in the disney app. Where does it say you need to show your prove of residency before you can use them?
It says it in the fine print when you purchase. You need to show Canadian residency ID for each person in your party to get the tickets - passports are easiest. Plan 20 minutes for this process before entering the park your first day.

It says it in the fine print when you purchase. You need to show Canadian residency ID for each person in your party to get the tickets - passports are easiest. Plan 20 minutes for this process before entering the park your first day.
You can do this at Guest Relations in Disney Springs as well... I think? I hope. LOL That's our plan the day before we go to the park.

Are the UK tickets like American Attraction always that good? Right now, their 14days tickets are almost the same price as the Disney 20% Canadian tickets discount 10 days base (1948 pounds/2470$US vs 2370$US). And it gives us the Water Parks.

I priced out Free Dining, and 25%Room, and the "FREE" Dining is about 1550$ more expensive than the room+Canadian tickets. But I won't buy tickets for a few months, until we book flight and are 100% sure we go. At regular Disney tickets prices, Free Dining is about 1000$, which is what it should cost us. Family of 4, kids 8&5, nobody eats a lot.

I guess I'll book both the Free Dining and room only deal until our flights are done.

It is weird to me that it doesn't say it in the app, you think it would say it in that fine print too?

Are the UK tickets like American Attraction always that good? Right now, their 14days tickets are almost the same price as the Disney 20% Canadian tickets discount 10 days base (1948 pounds/2470$US vs 2370$US). And it gives us the Water Parks.

I priced out Free Dining, and 25%Room, and the "FREE" Dining is about 1550$ more expensive than the room+Canadian tickets. But I won't buy tickets for a few months, until we book flight and are 100% sure we go. At regular Disney tickets prices, Free Dining is about 1000$, which is what it should cost us. Family of 4, kids 8&5, nobody eats a lot.

I guess I'll book both the Free Dining and room only deal until our flights are done.
Yes, and you can get discounts/specials with them usually. I paid 2062.80 GBP for 3 adult/1 child 14 day tickets last August, as they had 10% off sale. Worked out to about $900 CDN for each ticket, which is tough to beat. Plus free memory maker to boot!

It all depends on how many days you are going for and if you want PH, MM or WP. I did the math in the other thread and the UK tickets were cheaper as we are going for 8 days, and there was a 10% discount at the time. The Canada tickets you need to prove residency. The UK tickets you do not. If the Canadian discount had been 30% like in previous years, then we would have picked that.

It is weird to me that it doesn't say it in the app, you think it would say it in that fine print too?
I called Disney because I had to change the dates of my park tickets and the app wouldn't allow me. After they changed them and they showed up with the new park dates in the app, I asked them if I needed to show proof of residency and they said no...I can just show up at the parks and enter.

I called Disney because I had to change the dates of my park tickets and the app wouldn't allow me. After they changed them and they showed up with the new park dates in the app, I asked them if I needed to show proof of residency and they said no...I can just show up at the parks and enter.
I'm curious to hear the reports from folks using these once they start up.

I would still be ready to show ID - the cast members on the phone can be about as reliable as the bus drivers!

How easy is it to buy the Canadian Resident tickets and then attach them to certain days? I'm concerned about reservations being sold out if it takes too long to add them (I'm going in May but haven't purchased tickets yet). Granted May is a quieter time of year according to most calendars, but still.

How easy is it to buy the Canadian Resident tickets and then attach them to certain days? I'm concerned about reservations being sold out if it takes too long to add them (I'm going in May but haven't purchased tickets yet). Granted May is a quieter time of year according to most calendars, but still.
There are no more reservations for days in parks (unless you have an annual pass). Disney ended that practice this past week.

We'll be there on the 22nd of January. But not sure I want to test this out. I'd hate to get everyone to the park for early entry, only to be told we need to leave the line to go to guest relations and sort it out! Not sure if the CMs with the IPads at the gate entrances can take care of that or not.

There are no more reservations for days in parks (unless you have an annual pass). Disney ended that practice this past week.
Reservations are still needed for every type of ticket that isn't purchased as part of a package or "date assigned" tickets. Meaning, annual passes, convention tickets, any leftover tickets from previous promo (remember the non-expiring cdn discounts??) Or fill in the blank of a ticket you get from 3rd party sources that are open-ended with no dates of use assigned to them, DO NEED to continue making park reservations. There have been very few days that were"full" (Christmas day ?) So I won't be worrying about getting locked out of parks.

Last edited:
Reservations are still needed for every type of ticket that isn't purchased as part of a package or "date assigned" tickets. Meaning, annual passes, convention tickets, any leftover tickets from previous promo (remember the non-expiring cdn discounts??) Or fill in the blank of a ticket you get from 3rd party sources DO NEED to continue making park reservations. There have been very few days that were"full" (Christmas day ?) So I won't be worrying about getting locked out of parks.
Most of us are buying the Canadian Resident Tickets directly from Disney, not from a 3rd party. And they are "date based." For example, I bought a 6 day ticket direct from Disney, with a specific start date.

Last edited:
Most of us are buying the Canadian Resident Tickets directly from Disney, not from a 3rd party. And they are "date based." For example, I bought a 6 day ticket direct from Disney, with a specific start date.

Yes, when we bought ours, we had to choose the first day of our visit so that is the first day our tickets can be used. The difference with these date based tickets and the park reservation system is that you can use the tickets at any park within the time period of your tickets. You don't need to reserve a specific park for a specific day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter