Canadian resident tickets?

Reservations are still needed for every type of ticket that isn't purchased as part of a package or "date assigned" tickets. Meaning, annual passes, convention tickets, any leftover tickets from previous promo (remember the non-expiring cdn discounts??) Or fill in the blank of a ticket you get from 3rd party sources DO NEED to continue making park reservations. There have been very few days that were"full" (Christmas day ?) So I won't be worrying about getting locked out of parks.
Is Undercover Tourist considered a 3rd party source? I bought 3 day non-hoppers from them, starting January 29th, I didn’t think I needed reservations since they’re date based but now I’m questioning that🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited to add: disregard my question, looked up on MDE and it clearly states that the tickets we have do not require reservations.

Last edited:
I called Disney because I had to change the dates of my park tickets and the app wouldn't allow me. After they changed them and they showed up with the new park dates in the app, I asked them if I needed to show proof of residency and they said no...I can just show up at the parks and enter.

This is from the Disney site:
1705168617408.png
We bought these tickets pre-covid and always had to activate them before our first park entry. Once we did it at the ticket window at a park and the other time we went to Guest Relations at Disney Springs on arrival day, prior to our first park day. Also, when we bought them for this year, the only delivery option was 'will call' so I would plan on showing proof

Most of us are buying the Canadian Resident Tickets directly from Disney, not from a 3rd party. And they are "date based." For example, I bought a 6 day ticket direct from Disney, with a specific start date.

Yes, when we bought ours, we had to choose the first day of our visit so that is the first day our tickets can be used. The difference with these date based tickets and the park reservation system is that you can use the tickets at any park within the time period of your tickets. You don't need to reserve a specific park for a specific day.

Is Undercover Tourist considered a 3rd party source? I bought 3 day non-hoppers from them, starting January 29th, I didn’t think I needed reservations since they’re date based but now I’m questioning that🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited to add: disregard my question, looked up on MDE and it clearly states that the tickets we have do not require reservations.
I've updated my post to include the phrase "open-ended with no dates of use assigned to them" so that it's hopefully a bit cleared to people.

Even though it's only been a few days since park reservations aren't needed for DATE-BASED tickets, there are people frustrated when they get to a park and learn they can't get in with open ended or Annual Passes. The phrasing is confusing and I just wanted to make sure people are aware of the full details. Another example would be the tickets we have - An amazing Cast Member transferred all of the days left on our tickets to 7 separate park hopper tickets after my mom died while we were on our trip last year, they are all good until end of 2025 and require park reservations to use.

Reservations are still needed for every type of ticket that isn't purchased as part of a package or "date assigned" tickets. Meaning, annual passes, convention tickets, any leftover tickets from previous promo (remember the non-expiring cdn discounts??) Or fill in the blank of a ticket you get from 3rd party sources that are open-ended with no dates of use assigned to them, DO NEED to continue making park reservations. There have been very few days that were"full" (Christmas day ?) So I won't be worrying about getting locked out of parks.
okay, thanks. I noticed when checking that the Canadian resident tickets made sure to include a start date. Hopefully I can just do this at Disney Springs guest services (last time I did this I had to go to Animal Kingdom- my first park- and do it. It's not THAT stressful to figure everything out but it's always a bit weird. The savings seem to be worth it- for a 10-day ticket (apparently that's the max, lol) tickets + MemoryMaker is the same as if you'd just bought 10-tickets with no discount.

This is from the Disney site:
View attachment 825493
We bought these tickets pre-covid and always had to activate them before our first park entry. Once we did it at the ticket window at a park and the other time we went to Guest Relations at Disney Springs on arrival day, prior to our first park day. Also, when we bought them for this year, the only delivery option was 'will call' so I would plan on showing proof
But you can load them into MDE and on your ticket page there it doesn't say that important detail under "to use your ticket" or "valid ticket date", so they should update that part I think!

Is this something a hotel front desk could do at check in?

We'll be there on the 22nd of January. But not sure I want to test this out. I'd hate to get everyone to the park for early entry, only to be told we need to leave the line to go to guest relations and sort it out! Not sure if the CMs with the IPads at the gate entrances can take care of that or not.
If you could report back that would be great! Maybe they'll say you didn't have to, or you can confirm that we do need to. Thanks

But you can load them into MDE and on your ticket page there it doesn't say that important detail under "to use your ticket" or "valid ticket date", so they should update that part I think!

Is this something a hotel front desk could do at check in?

The last time we used these tickets was in 2019 and they couldn't do it at Pop's front desk (I asked at check-in). It would be much more convenient if they could.

The last time we used these tickets was in 2019 and they couldn't do it at Pop's front desk (I asked at check-in). It would be much more convenient if they could.
Yeah, I had the exact same thing, at the same hotel. I had to go to Animal Kingdom (my first park of the trip) and do it at the gate.

Yeah, I had the exact same thing, at the same hotel. I had to go to Animal Kingdom (my first park of the trip) and do it at the gate.
We went for dinner at Disney Springs on our arrival day so we got them activated there, at Guest Relations. We plan to do the same thing in April.

Yeah I will for sure.
And have a great trip!
Seems a bit odd they can't!
We went for dinner at Disney Springs on our arrival day so we got them activated there, at Guest Relations. We plan to do the same thing in April.
We aren't arriving until 7 so we weren't planning on going out that night. And we have MK planned as our first park 😕

I have Canadian Resident tickets from 2017 (which I have not used, since I just got 4 day tickets & have had an AP the last 5 years 🤣) ..and in the App they explicitly say that ID needs to be presented. So if your tickets need ID ..it will tell you in the App.

Attachments

• IMG_7808.jpeg
    IMG_7808.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 13
I have Canadian Resident tickets from 2017 (which I have not used, since I just got 4 day tickets & have had an AP the last 5 years 🤣) ..and in the App they explicitly say that ID needs to be presented. So if your tickets need ID ..it will tell you in the App.
Thanks for the screenshot, that is interesting. I just looked at the MDE app and none of my tickets have that red banner "NOT VALID FOR ADMISSION..." maybe as a returning guest they are aware I live in Canada?!

Has anyone been there to confirm if Canadian tickets need to be validated first? We are going next week so hoping to find out!

Has anyone been there to confirm if Canadian tickets need to be validated first? We are going next week so hoping to find out!
A few of us seem to be in the same boat :)
When you view the tickets in the MDE app do you see the banner CanucksRock shows above?
I don't see a banner / message on mine so unsure if i need to validate.

I just had a look at the important details link for the tickets (I have personally not used as I have AP, and for family we get the UK tickets) but it has this disclaimer …
  • All adults will need to show proof of Canada residency at a Walt Disney World Resort theme park ticket window prior to first use.

A few of us seem to be in the same boat :)
When you view the tickets in the MDE app do you see the banner CanucksRock shows above?
I don't see a banner / message on mine so unsure if i need to validate.

I see the bottom section about Canada Resident Ticket, but not the section in red above that. We are there next week and get in late at night and planning to go to the parks the next morning. We usually go to Disney Springs and make sure everything is setup beforehand, but will not have time this trip.

Any idea if we just go and try to tap in? Or need to go to guest services or someplace else first to show passports?

I see the bottom section about Canada Resident Ticket, but not the section in red above that. We are there next week and get in late at night and planning to go to the parks the next morning. We usually go to Disney Springs and make sure everything is setup beforehand, but will not have time this trip.

Any idea if we just go and try to tap in? Or need to go to guest services or someplace else first to show passports?
I guess you could give it a try at the gate and if it doesn't work then head to customer service which from what I read is at the entrance to the park also.
This way you'd also confirm if the rest of us need to visit customer service lol jk.:D
Either way bring your passports to the park on the first day!

You should be able to use a drivers licence to prove Canadian residence. Passport proves you're Canadian but not that you live here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter