Canadian resident tickets?

We are here now. Front desk checked with someone that also worked at guest relations who said yes we need to show our ID. We did it at Disney Springs GR I showed my passport and another in our party showed his DL. They activated my husband's and adult sons without them showing their ID. I asked and he said nah that's fine.

We are here now. Front desk checked with someone that also worked at guest relations who said yes we need to show our ID. We did it at Disney Springs GR I showed my passport and another in our party showed his DL. They activated my husband's and adult sons without them showing their ID. I asked and he said nah that's fine.
Thanks for reporting back! Enjoy your vacation!

I last used Canadian Resident tickets in early 2020 - and that was my experience too that not everyone had to be there to activate (we did it at DS and just had everyone’s passport)

Quick question. Are the Canadian Resident Tickets considered date base tickets? I've already set the start date of my park visits to March 12. Does this mean I don't need to make advanced daily park reservations?
I know that park reservations aren't required for some ticket types. I want to ensure these tickets don't require reserving.
thanks!

Quick question. Are the Canadian Resident Tickets considered date base tickets? I've already set the start date of my park visits to March 12. Does this mean I don't need to make advanced daily park reservations?
I know that park reservations aren't required for some ticket types. I want to ensure these tickets don't require reserving.
thanks!
Yes, they are date based tickets, with 20% off in price

Thanks for the update! A bit of a pain, but it is what it is!

Can anyone confirm that you can add days after initial purchase I.e. say you buy a 6 day ticket but after arriving can you add more days? Thx

My understanding is you lose the discount when you do that. I.e. in 2019 I upgraded to an AP from a CDN discount ticket, and I lost the discount.

We finally used our old non-expiring tickets that we purchased in 2017. I wanted to share my experience with anyone else who may still have those kicking around.

I went to the ticket office at Disney Springs to have the tickets activated when we arrived at Disney. I had used place holder tickets to make my park reservations before we left.

We had two adult and 2 kid tickets. One kid has since aged out. At first they were going to charge me to upgrade the kid's ticket to an adult one, but didn't in the end (I'm not sure why, but the supervisor said not to do that - I guess it's complicated on their end).

The tickets were activated and attached to MDE no problem. BUT, they left the placeholder tickets with our reservations as well. There was some debate as to whether they should be removed, but they decided not to.

When we went to our first park the next day, this caused issues as the system was picking up the place holder tickets instead of the actual tickets. I had to go to guest services to get it sorted out. Basically, she deleted all of our place holder tickets and park reservations and then rebooked the park reservations under our actual tickets. It took a few minutes and messed up our EE RD plans, but she gave us a LL for Everest, so it was all fine in the end.

I hope this helps someone out there!

We finally used our old non-expiring tickets that we purchased in 2017. I wanted to share my experience with anyone else who may still have those kicking around.

I went to the ticket office at Disney Springs to have the tickets activated when we arrived at Disney. I had used place holder tickets to make my park reservations before we left.

We had two adult and 2 kid tickets. One kid has since aged out. At first they were going to charge me to upgrade the kid's ticket to an adult one, but didn't in the end (I'm not sure why, but the supervisor said not to do that - I guess it's complicated on their end).

The tickets were activated and attached to MDE no problem. BUT, they left the placeholder tickets with our reservations as well. There was some debate as to whether they should be removed, but they decided not to.

When we went to our first park the next day, this caused issues as the system was picking up the place holder tickets instead of the actual tickets. I had to go to guest services to get it sorted out. Basically, she deleted all of our place holder tickets and park reservations and then rebooked the park reservations under our actual tickets. It took a few minutes and messed up our EE RD plans, but she gave us a LL for Everest, so it was all fine in the end.

I hope this helps someone out there!
What do you mean by place holder tickets? We still have one set of these tickets. I can see them in MDE but it says "Not valid for admission. Must show ID at Ticket Window before using". Will I be able to make park reservations with these tickets when the time comes?

What do you mean by place holder tickets? We still have one set of these tickets. I can see them in MDE but it says "Not valid for admission. Must show ID at Ticket Window before using". Will I be able to make park reservations with these tickets when the time comes?
Ours weren't in MDE and couldn't be added. So we needed placeholder tickets in order to make park reservations. If yours are in there then you may not need the placeholder tickets. Without them we had no tickets in MDE and therefore wouldn't have been able to make park reservations.

I know it was a slow time of year but we changed our plans last minute and we're able to make the park changes no problem.

Where do all you Canadian's purchase your Disneyland California tickets? Obviously we are all looking for some deal. I am not having much luck finding anything online. I havent been to the happiest place on earth in over 5 years, and in the past I have always park hopped. But my husband is trying to convince me to just do one day at one park and go to the other park another day just to save $150 on a 5 day pass (eye rolls). While I don't see much wrong with that plan, I do like having the option of moving onto a different park.

I have to add I find it perennially annoying that Canadians have to head to park windows and show proof of residency to a staff member before actually getting tickets in-hand/activated, while we can buy off of UK sites and automatically have tickets downloaded to us regardless of nation of origin. It's super-weird XD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter