"Can I Come To Your Wedding?"

It's your opinion that it was rude. They were fine with it and they were alone for a whole 15 minutes.

It was my wedding, I didn't want anyone but family so that's the way it was.
It was your husband's wedding, too. Maybe he wanted his best friend there but wasn't willing to deal with your wrath over such a silly thing.

It was your husband's wedding, too. Maybe he wanted his best friend there but wasn't willing to deal with your wrath over such a silly thing.

My wrath?? LOL

We both had input into the wedding. He was fine with the size of the wedding.

Frankly, the only people who care are people on this thread.

We had an aunt and uncle & their daughter (who didn't get a plus one) ask if they can bring her bf. We politely said no and a week before my wedding I'm at the reception hall making the final deposit & one of the wedding coordinators comes out & says that a Margaret called and asked to add her daughters bf but to "please not tell the bride".
People are crazy and weddings bring out ridiculous behavior lol

It's your opinion that it was rude. They were fine with it and they were alone for a whole 15 minutes.

It was my wedding, I didn't want anyone but family so that's the way it was.

They were "trying to horn their way in" but they were fine being put away in another room while you said your vows? Doesn't sound like it was intentional to me.

Leaving a guest alone in a room away from everyone is rude, no matter how you spin it. Did you really expect them to tell you it was rude?

They were "trying to horn their way in" but they were fine being put away in another room while you said your vows? Doesn't sound like it was intentional to me.

Leaving a guest alone in a room away from everyone is rude, no matter how you spin it. Did you really expect them to tell you it was rude?

The guest arrived an hour early. How rude was that?

Just sayin....
If family members have to be told not to talk about the wedding at all with those not invited
OR
You have to lie to people about what they aren't invited
THEN
Maybe you just need to elope by yourself or have just a JP wedding.
What a way to start a marriage: with secrecy and lies.

If this was directed at me (which it sounds like it is):

Have you ever planned a wedding? Nothing about my marriage is starting with secrecy and lies, nor do I need to elope. My fiancé and I are paying for this wedding ourselves. Just because we can't make every single person happy doesn't mean we should just elope.

1- Its rude to discuss your wedding with acquaintances not invited. It's awkward for them and you. His dad needed a reminder of that because he's never been involved in a wedding. I don't need to invite every single person I know, I just need to not brag about it around them. That's rude.

2- We haven't lied to anyone about why they're not invited. The individuals in question aren't invited because they would cause a fight that ends with property damage at the venue and alcohol thrown in my dads face. They know exactly why they're not invited.

I refuse to bow to everyone's wishes in order to make everyone happy, and in the process have a disastrous wedding. With our guest list being around 50-60 , and only inviting those who are a regular part of and bring positivity to our lives, I'm certain it will be great.

I got asked all the time. And I lived in coastal SC when I got married but the wedding was in my hometown in TN. I thought that would be an easy way of not having to invite coworkers but they still were upset not to be invited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter