Blended family issue, advice needed

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that she is the horse thief. That post about the 13 year old stepson that abuses the animals makes it sound like that stepson is with the father and stepmother quite frequently. Weekends were even mentioned. I was under the impression that the OP's stepson lived far enough away that he had to fly to visit them, which I'm sure means he isn't visiting just for a weekend.

-Astrid

My post was to be taken mostly in jest, hence my bad English ;) But it does seem to be a big coincidence because things didn't just starting to get controversial, but has been basically from the start. Also, I did say I wanted to believe in her as I was definitely on her side (if you notice my former posts). I am not accusing her :laundy:

Me thinketh now I might be smelling a rat!! After the post about the horse issue all of a sudden she wants to be far, far away from this. Hope I'm not right, but the posts are not "just getting out of hand" as she puts it until "the post" about her alleged past. :confused3 Let it not be true, I was really feeling so bad for her :sad2:

To be honest if I didn't know better ( and I guess I don't 100%), I would say its somebody from DHs crazy family trying to stir drama. That's why I deleted my posts. I know some stuff is quoted but not all.

I guess I should have known better putting my personal business out there but living the military life you just don't have many people close by that you can rely on for advice

I finally read through the post of this person alleging I'm a horse thief and for the record me and DSS do not not have we ever lived in the same state, Arizona at that, DHs family and DSS are much further north. We do not have him on weekends nor did we ever.

I wil still rely on the DIS for my planning resources but will keep my personal business to myself

To be honest if I didn't know better ( and I guess I don't 100%), I would say its somebody from DHs crazy family trying to stir drama. That's why I deleted my posts. I know some stuff is quoted but not all.

I guess I should have known better putting my personal business out there but living the military life you just don't have many people close by that you can rely on for advice

I finally read through the post of this person alleging I'm a horse thief and for the record me and DSS do not not have we ever lived in the same state, Arizona at that, DHs family and DSS are much further north. We do not have him on weekends nor did we ever.

I wil still rely on the DIS for my planning resources but will keep my personal business to myself

OP, if you reread my posts I have been very sympathetic with your situation from the beginning. It's true this last issue through me for a loop, especially when you suddenly withdrew yourself, but I truly want to believe in you and hope your life gets better and you ignore all the naysayers in your families that try to run you and your dh's life. After all, if you two agree on how to handle the situation with your ss, it's no one else's business. Good future to you :flower3:

Nothing wrong with coming to the Internet for advice, but those with thin skin may not fare well since it is the Internet after all and you will get the good with the bad.

Just be thankful you aren't Sylvia, the alleged horse thief. It would appear that she may never escape her crime. Apparently, horse thievery is taken just as seriously now as it was back in the Old West.

I am definitely not part of either side of the family nor have I been put up to anything by anyone. Anyone who is bored and wants something to do can easily just google your old screen name which is citycowgirl84 and read your old bump posts, she tried to delete them too but some are still available. It even talks about her daughter born in January and in her prior posts here she talked about taking her daughter to WDW for her first B-day in January. You can even find my posts about the horse, they are all over the internet, advertised in horse magazines, and fliers to over 50 feed stores and I have not hidden any of my information, I have nothing to hide. Just google in quotes "Broken W Levi" She always makes her stuff private when I find her. I am going to make a facebook page just for Sylvia and put every piece of public information that I have compiled off the internet on it. I know how old Madison and Austin are. I even know you were suppose to have been married 4/11/11 and that you now have a pending court case in Arizona which the grandparents are seeking visitation of the grandchild. Sorry that I vented on this site to everyone but I am just tired of her lies and games. She is crying about spending money and planning trips while running from her financial obligations.

I am definitely not part of either side of the family nor have I been put up to anything by anyone. Anyone who is bored and wants something to do can easily just google your old screen name which is citycowgirl84 and read your old bump posts, she tried to delete them too but some are still available. It even talks about her daughter born in January and in her prior posts here she talked about taking her daughter to WDW for her first B-day in January. You can even find my posts about the horse, they are all over the internet, advertised in horse magazines, and fliers to over 50 feed stores and I have not hidden any of my information, I have nothing to hide. Just google in quotes "Broken W Levi" She always makes her stuff private when I find her. I am going to make a facebook page just for Sylvia and put every piece of public information that I have compiled off the internet on it. I know how old Madison and Austin are. I even know you were suppose to have been married 4/11/11 and that you now have a pending court case in Arizona which the grandparents are seeking visitation of the grandchild. Sorry that I vented on this site to everyone but I am just tired of her lies and games. She is crying about spending money and planning trips while running from her financial obligations.

Fun fact: horse theft is still a capital offense in quite a few states. :scared1:

You may want to list the price on your ads as being free or very cheap. That would get more people to look at the ads. How much money does she owe you? How was she able to get the horse without him being paid in full? I've sold plenty of horses but none left here without payment in full and checks had to clear before the horse left. Anyone making payments, paid for board until the horse was paid in full. I would also try posting ads on Craigslist. Depending on the amount of money owed to you, you may want to pursue this in small claims court. Since the horse was stolen and moved over state lines, it may need to go to a larger court. Good luck!

-Astrid

You may want to list the price on your ads as being free or very cheap. That would get more people to look at the ads. How much money does she owe you? How was she able to get the horse without him being paid in full? I've sold plenty of horses but none left here without payment in full and checks had to clear before the horse left. Anyone making payments, paid for board until the horse was paid in full. I would also try posting ads on Craigslist. Depending on the amount of money owed to you, you may want to pursue this in small claims court. Since the horse was stolen and moved over state lines, it may need to go to a larger court. Good luck!

-Astrid

Thank you for the advise, I moved down south when I was going through a divorce. I had 3 horses total. Sold her 1 other horse (domino) about 8 months prior and everything seemed fine. I had 2 horses left 1 was amazing (levi) and the other was a little 3 year old green broke PMU mare (nala), she really wanted levi and nala had not been without him since she was little, she had abandonment issues and would stress colic when levi was not on the property. Said she didn't have a bunch of money and could make payments. They were a package deal I gave her nala free and took payments on levi to keep them together. I turned down 4 times the amount of money I agreed to sell levi for to keep them together, it was never about the money. I loved them, I put 10 years into levi and rescued nala from Canada, had her shipped in when she was only 6 months old. In the span of 9 months she sold domino and nala and levi out of state. I never wrote her a bill of sale on levi only a contract to sell. I also drew up a buy back agreement which stated that if levi were ever to be sold, given away, or transferred in any way that I would have first buy back option on him at the very low price I was selling him to her for. 9 months later I found nala on the internet at about 4am one night. I tracked the mare through 7 owners and 2 states and had her back in my pasture by 7pm. I cried when I seen her, you could put your fingers between every vertebrate on her back and to say her ribs were sunk in is an understatement. I called the vet immediately, vet said that she was atleast 250 pounds underweight, malnourished, emaciated and did not know what her recovery prognosis would be. I then had to call the humane society and alert them of the horse because otherwise I would have gotten reported for animal neglect. Today that little mare is fat and happy in my pasture and never leaving again. I want to take her to court, I have to have a proper address to serve her legal papers. I can serve her legal papers to her last known address and get a judgement without a problem, but that will not get my horse back. If she does not show I can only re-coop the money, it is a matter of the heart and as long as I breath or until I know he no longer exists I will hunt him relentlessly. I know that I would have to buy him back from whoever owns him now which, I am prepared to do but she will not tell me who she sold him to. It is not criminal since I allowed him to leave the property. Animal control will step in since I have photos and vet statement on the other horse but I must find him first for them to investigate. She has tried to sell him for $3,500-$5,500 which is was less than I was selling him to her for. She runs because she knows legally she will lose and faces possible animal neglect charges. My attorney left her a voice mail and offered her a deal, that I would not pursue any charges against her and be willing to purchase the horse back even though she is in default and I could legally get a writ of possession without giving her a dime, she did not return his call. When animal control called her, they had to leave her a voicemail too and advised her to cease and desist selling the horse, she pulled most of the sale ads on him but sold him anyway. I have been hunting him since, followed her from site to site, screen name to screen name. Her husband called me once and told me the horse was dead which I know is untrue because I have gotten two anonymous block number voicemails on my phone stating that the horse is very much alive and in Arizona. I am hoping that the new owner tries to register him with the APHA since he has been indemnified into my name and his papers are flagged, cannot be transferred out of my name without contacting me first and then I will know who has him.

Ok..this is a board for Disney planning. If you have a personal issue with another poster, perhaps it should be taken care of in PM as the board guidelines state.

Ok..this is a board for Disney planning. If you have a personal issue with another poster, perhaps it should be taken care of in PM as the board guidelines state.

It sounds like the OP may have scammed her and is now running like the wind. I think the PP probably just posted initially to let everyone know the OP of this thread may not be legit.

It sounds like the OP may have scammed her and is now running like the wind. I think the PP probably just posted initially to let everyone know the OP of this thread may not be legit.

I don't know if the OP is the woman this poster is talking about or not. :confused3 As someone else mentioned, this poster was talking about the OP having the step-son on weekends..the OP indicated that they live on opposite sides of the country - so frequent weekend visits as the new poster indicated wouldn't be possible. There's discrepancies..

But regardless...I can understand the initial "warning" post. Continuing to hash out the personal issue here, though, seems inappropriate. Don't the DIS guidelines state that personal issues b/w members are supposed to be taken to PM? Sounds like that's what should be done at this point.

Don't want to get involoved in the original case, but would love to know how the connection between the old name and the new name were made. I like to think I'm a pretty good sleuth, but I would never have managed that!!!!

Don't want to get involoved in the original case, but would love to know how the connection between the old name and the new name were made. I like to think I'm a pretty good sleuth, but I would never have managed that!!!!

Horse thievery is apparently still taken very seriously! Whoever the horse thief is, if she's the OP or not (I'm inclined to believe that she is) that Sylvia is not going get a moments rest.

Well, I, for one, find it very telling that in an earlier post to OP talked about raising horses, and having a horse for the step son, then got accused of horse-thievery, and has now gone off the grid. :idea:

Well, I, for one, find it very telling that in an earlier post to OP talked about raising horses, and having a horse for the step son, then got accused of horse-thievery, and has now gone off the grid. :idea:

Same here. I tend to think there aren't any coincidences here in this thread. The PP really puts Thomas Magnum or Jim Rockford to shame with her P.I. skills.

OP, I tend to be an optimist and I was on your side and "fought" hard for you in the situation that it seemed you were in and being (to me) unfairly treated. But, that said, these things that have come to light very pointedly points to you not being very "upfront" on your situation or in your dealings with others. I don't, in any form, uphold dishonesty in business or personal lives. I still hope you are not "the one" called Sylvia but I will not be posting "for you" anymore. This IS NOT sounding good, and if true, is very, very serious stuff :scared1: My mom always told us, you can run, but you can't hide :sad2:. And please, no one should ever be cruel to innocent animals. I don't own any animals at this point, but I have a very soft heart toward them.

OP is planning another trip to WDW in may.

I hope that the other poster finds Sylvia. I don't know if the OP is the same person but it sure seems like it.

My intention was never to invade or violate your chat boards only to warn you about her so that no one else fell victim to her. They just moved from arizona a few months ago, that is when they had the every other weekend visitations with the step-son. As far as curious how I connected the 2 screen names, I uses some social engineering. Lol I google all her names, screen names, and view all posts and threads to all the boards she uses, 1 of them associated her e-mail address with the new screen name, I also ping her IP address since I have her phone number. There are other methods that I use too but do not want to say here in case she reads. Looks like she has disappeared again so, I'm off to hunt whatever new screen name she has created now. I hope everyone has a great trip to WDW.

My intention was never to invade or violate your chat boards only to warn you about her so that no one else fell victim to her. They just moved from arizona a few months ago, that is when they had the every other weekend visitations with the step-son. As far as curious how I connected the 2 screen names, I uses some social engineering. Lol I google all her names, screen names, and view all posts and threads to all the boards she uses, 1 of them associated her e-mail address with the new screen name, I also ping her IP address since I have her phone number. There are other methods that I use too but do not want to say here in case she reads. Looks like she has disappeared again so, I'm off to hunt whatever new screen name she has created now. I hope everyone has a great trip to WDW.

I wouldn't be so sure about the bolded part for 2 reasons: 1) she may not be posting under that screen name anymore but there's a strong possibility that she's still monitoring this thread, 2) if she really does have a trip to WDW coming up in May, look for her to change screen names and keep posting here. Once you know about the DIS, it would be impossible to stay away in the months leading up to a Disney trip. Good luck, I hope you find her and your horse.

I came into this thread after the OP had deleted all of her posts, so I never saw any posts from the OP about horses. I only saw the ones she had made that were quoted by others that she could not delete. Her response to me about the weekend issue but completely skirting the horse issue was a red flag. Someone not involved at all in the horse issue would have said so. To the PP that is still owed money from the OP, good luck! I hope you are able to settle this to your satisfaction.

-Astrid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter