BL 3 - Red Team week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2dream

DIS Veteran
It's weigh in day Red Team

I look forward to hearing from everyone today.

Red Team question of the day
Week 2 is done. How did it go for you? What worked well in week 2? What will you improve for week 3?

Don't forget our weekly ongoing question - What is great about you? Today list your original 5 items and add one more, or if you have not posted your list yet crank out 6 things that are great about you. They can be accomplishments, personality traits, talents, or skills you possess. Everyday repeat your list and add one more item. List the things that make you proud of you and that you love about yourself.

I'll check in later today. Now I will get to bed.

After being on a plateau for over a month I have finally lost 2 lbs, down to 165 from 167. Everyone has been trlling me to increase my caloric intake, but that can be so difficult psychologically. Last night I broke down & had 15 potoato chips (150 cal.) & the scale budged this morning. I have also increased my strength training & started jogging. Hopefully this will kcik start my weight loss again.

Hmmmmmm, I worked all weekend & must have, missed the 5 greatest things thread. I'll have to think of some things & get back to you. :)

It's weigh in day Red Team

I look forward to hearing from everyone today.

Red Team question of the day
Week 2 is done. How did it go for you? What worked well in week 2? What will you improve for week 3?

Don't forget our weekly ongoing question - What is great about you? Today list your original 5 items and add one more, or if you have not posted your list yet crank out 6 things that are great about you. They can be accomplishments, personality traits, talents, or skills you possess. Everyday repeat your list and add one more item. List the things that make you proud of you and that you love about yourself.

I'll check in later today. Now I will get to bed.

Week 2 didn't turn quite as I had planned. I let my life get in the way ( with 5 kids, that tends to happen a lot!) I am more determined to myself a priority, even if I have to get up at 5AM to do it!

To answer the weekly question:

1. I am a good mother.
2. I am a loving wife.
3. I have a big heart and tend to care more for others than myself ( really evident now!)
4. I am patient.
5. I am a good daughter.
6. I will have to think about that one.

So I am down 4.8 this week. I couldn't believe it. What has been working for me is eating the points I burn when exercising, so eating more, yay. And also I feel getting in healthy fats and my milk has sped up my weight loss. I have been on Weight Watchers all summer, but as soon as I started concentrating on what I was eating, my weight loss picked up significantly. This week I am going to work on meal planning. I have the hardest time figuring out what we are going to eat, so we basically have the same meals every single day.

I guess I missed the post about great things about you as well. I will list some:
1) I am a great mom.
2) I am a great wife.
3) I work hard at whatever I do.
4) I'm smart.
5) I love to run. (Huge accomplishment, I used to think runners were crazy)
6) I'm very independent.

Robin

OK, I'm working on my list.

1) Next month we will celebrate our 9 yr wedding anniversary.

2) I have lost 24lbs. since May. I have soprt of an addiction to just going to the mall & trying on clothes for hours because it is so much fun now. :)

3) We are almost debt free! (except for vehicles & home)

4) I have 3 kids and occasionally they are even well behaved. LOL

5) I am always trying to be the best Mom, Wife & friend I can be.

I am down 1 lb this week which I am really surprised. My allergies and asthma are so bad right now. I can barely walk the length of my house without wheezing. I have not exercised this week because I just can't breathe. Every year at this time this happens. Hopefully this week will be better.

To everyone else so far great job. Keep up the good work.

To answer the weekly question:

1. I am a great mom.
2. I am a great wife.
3. I am a great teacher to my girls.
4. I am a great nurse.
5. I am a great Disney planner.

4. I am a great nurse.

I think we have quite a few nurses in our group. I have been an LPN for about 5 yeaqrs & am just going back to school now to become an RN. Now that I think of it, most of my co-workers are over-weight. Maybe it is the stress of the job & the donuts the pt's families bring in. :) Lord knows we get enough running around at work that you would think we would all be skinny. :confused3

I lost 2.2lbs this week, not as much as I hoped probably because my walks were interupted a couple of times. One night I encountered a very drunk man who was trying to walk his bike home and kept falling in the street. He didn't speak English, or he was just too drunk to understand me when I tried to help him! I kept trying to get him to sit on the side of the road instead of stumbling and falling in the middle of the street! I don't know how he didn't get hit by a car! Finally I had to give up and went home and called the police but they didn't do anything.

The next night my cat followed me! I chased her for a good half hour before I finally caught her and then had to cut the rest of my walk short because it was getting too late.

Last night was meet the teacher night so I didn't get to walk. So on a week I planned on walking more....I ended up walking less!

I lost a little over 2 pounds this week. Much better than last week. :cool1:

I have already listed my 5 good things so to add #6 into the mix

#6. I love a good challenge! And I hate to lose (challenges that is, I love losing weight)

Oh....I forgot to post my list.
1. I'm very determined, when I work towards something I give it my all!
2. I have a very big heart.
3. I'm honest and trustworthy.
4. I'm a good cook. (Too good....thats why I'm here! :rotfl: )
5. I'm smart.
6. I'm a good Mom.

Good Tuesday morning! My scale moved DOWNWARD this week ... not very much, mind you ( 1/2 pound), but at least it's in the right direction. :goodvibes

Here's my original 5 from yesterday, and my new one:

1) I have been married almost 14 yrs to a wonderful DH.
2) I have 2 beautiful children, who make me proud on a daily basis.
3) I am best friends with all of my sisters.
4) I finally got my butt in gear and did a 5K powerwalk at lunch.
5) I wear the title of "Disney Freak" with great Pride.
6) My butt hurts from yesterdays 5K powerwalk, but it's not going to stop me from going out there again today. :thumbsup2

Keep up the great work, team! :banana: :banana: :banana:

So I am down 4.8 this week. I couldn't believe it. What has been working for me is eating the points I burn when exercising, so eating more, yay. And also I feel getting in healthy fats and my milk has sped up my weight loss. I have been on Weight Watchers all summer, but as soon as I started concentrating on what I was eating, my weight loss picked up significantly. This week I am going to work on meal planning. I have the hardest time figuring out what we are going to eat, so we basically have the same meals every single day.

I guess I missed the post about great things about you as well. I will list some:
1) I am a great mom.
2) I am a great wife.
3) I work hard at whatever I do.
4) I'm smart.
5) I love to run. (Huge accomplishment, I used to think runners were crazy)
6) I'm very independent.

Robin

Robin

WTG on the weight loss this week:cool1:

I'm in the same boat with you on meals, it gets so boring after a while eating the same things. I take the Smart Ones dinners to work with me and I always seem to eat the same 2 or 3, I really need to expand my food choices. I think I'm going on to the WW website and look up recipes. And one of these days I am going to buy some of their cookbooks. I've been fixing regular meals for the family and then making myself something, I want to just cook 1 meal, plus I figure healthy eating will benefit the whole family not just me.

Morning Losers!

I have a zero change to report this morning. I had a few food 'challenges' this past week and only got in two swims. I really think I'm just a day or two away from a drop, so I should be contributing to the team more this week!

This week my focus is getting the right supplies (NEVER made it to the grocery store this weekend) and I pledge to PACK MY LUNCH at least three times (of the four days left). I'll hit the pool three times too!

It is finally starting to cool off a bit here overnight, so morning walking is not far away. I know that will make a big difference for me and the swimming has really helped with my joints.

ONWARD AND DOWNWARD, Losers!

Hello red team - I am here.

Don't post much - am a lawyer and very busy lately.

I don't have a lot of time right now either. I lost two pounds last week and am hoping for a loss this week too.

It doesn't matter if the "team" wins or loses guys, only matters that we do our best and, hopefully, the scale moves in the right direction.

A 1/2 pound is great Mary Liz, I'll be happy with that. I have to wait until tonight to get to the gym to weigh in but I will.

Once when I went to WW meetings, years ago, we had a lady that we called the "quarter pounder", because she lost 1/4 pound, week after week, but it adds up.

I figure that if I can lose 2 pounds a week for a year, that would be very substantial.

Did we ever figure out how long this challenge is to continue? I think it should go at least as long as the show does. I am looking forward to seeing it tonight.

Have a good day folks.

Linda

P.S. Mary Liz, where did you get your running Mickey? I have my eye on the Disney full one day (2010 to be precise) and he is perfect.:tinker: :donald: :mickeyjum

I just PM'd our fearless leader and ohMom that the NBC show ends on December 18th (earlier than I thought it would).

Thanks for the heads up Jackie. We had already decided to make December 18 our last weigh in anyway. I'm glad the show will be ending as we conclude our challenge. We will form some type of support group afterwards to get us through the remainder of the holidays. We don't want to undo all good this BL experience will do for us.

WISH biggest loser central is working on the first team challenge. We're ironing out the last final details so stay tuned for the official announcement. Oh and by the way no big prizes just a special clippie and bragging rights.

I also would like to thank the 17 members out of our team of 37 that have checked in for the week. I need to hear from the other 20 ladies by midnight tonight. I'm glad you're coming here to share your successes for the week but please remember to PM me with your weekly weight so I have a record of it. After everyone checks in I transfer your PM messages to a weekly team word file so I have documentation. Then I erase your PMs because I can only store so many here. My spreadsheet of weight changes is a work of art and I hope it will calculate a higher percentage of weight lost for us this week.

Another thing to mention is the apologies that I get when you PM your weight to me. I only lost XX this week, I am not happy with my XX loss, I will try to do better next week, etc.

Listen up Red Team

Don't ever feel you need to apologize for your progress. I am very proud of you every week and every day. I know a healthy lifestyle is quite an undertaking. It will take time. Some days will be great, some days will not. That is life. The important thing is to try our best every single day. Every loss is important to the team, no matter how large or small it is. I would love to blow away the Black and Blue teams. That would be great but more important is how each and every one of you is doing. I want us to embrace this challenge together and use it to encourage us to make healthier choices in our lives. These 15 weeks we will have together can help us to develop healthy habits that we can continue for the rest of our lives. If we do the things we know we need to do the pounds will come off. The rate they come off is not important, the habits we develop are very important.

We start a new week today. Do a personal evaluation. Let's get serious about this. Set some personal goals for this week. Watch out for the weekly team challenge coming soon. Contribute to our team thread. Share, chat, and encourage. We are Team Red are we are the Biggest Losers!!!

Small loss this week, total of 3 lbs down for the challenge so far. While it's not as much as I would like, (anyone else have that fantasy where Tink sprinkles you with pixie dust and you're a size 6?), progress is progress! :cool1: :thumbsup2

Cheers to you teammates!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
MagicalMom - Congrats on breaking that plateau!!! That is the hardest because it is SO easy to get discouraged.

bridgetgabbie - WOW!! I keep seeing the ads about adding dairy helping with weight loss, I will have to try it.

bcvprincesses - Hope you feel better soon. Allergy season is the pits!

Tinkamom, Nancy, Maryliz and Jimmduck - Congrats on the weightloss!!

ibouncetoo - you had a great week last week, and I'm sure you'll see great results next week with all the goals you're setting!

Here's my answer to the challenge question:

1. I have 2 terrific kids
2. Happily married for 11 years
3. We have great vacations thanks to my planning
4. I’m a hard worker
5. I talked DH into a personal trainer to get healthy together
6. I’m smart

Hi red team
sorry I haven't posted for a few days. I didn't do too bad for most of this week, although my SIL was admitted to hospital on Sunday and I feel I didn't stop eating Sunday or Monday :headache: . I really need to learn to stop comfort eating.
I am down 1lb this week, after eating so much the last couple of days I am happy with that.

The weekly question:
Six good things about me :scratchin
1) I am a good wife
2) I am a good mum and friend to my boys
3) My family and friends can depend on me
4) I like doing crafts
5) I like caring for others
Finding it hard to think of another one, so I asked my DH who said
5) You make good lasagna :laughing:

I lost 1 lb. this week. Not a great loss, but hey it's a loss. I will admit that I didn't change my eating habits at all, but did make it to the gym. I know if I stop eating all of that fast food and junk food I will lose the weight. I am starting my exercise plan this next week, so I'm hoping for a greater loss.

Important Official Red Team Announcements

#1 The Wish Biggest Loser Challenge will run until Tuesday, December 18. That will be the last day you will report your weigh in to me. Jackie, ibouncetoo, who works at an NBC affiliate let us know today that the show will also run until December 18. We really picked the right day after all. After our BL challenge ends we will start some type of support group to help us get through the remainder of the holidays without undoing the good we will do as Biggest Losers.

#2 We have been issued the first WISH Biggest Loser Team Challenge. Here is the offical communique from Biggest Loser central:

(insert sweet hosting voice here)

Two weeks have elapsed since the start of WISH BIGGEST LOSER ROUND 3 and our participants have settled into their routine of WISHing and LOSING and SHARING……now it’s time to :stir: :stir:

TEAM CHALLENGE NUMBER ONE!

For this first challenge between the teams, team members are going to have to evaluate and meditate on what it is or isn’t that they are putting in their mouths. Food is fuel and our big losers need quality energy to burn body fat during their workouts.

Here is how it works; below you see a list of ‘tasks’. For the next 7 days you are challenged to complete as many ‘tasks’ as you can. Each one is valued at 5 pts each. During the 7 days of the challenge, keep record of a completed task and at the end of the week turn in your final total score to your team captain. For example, task #1 – Drink eight glasses of at least 8 oz of water each day ----- this is a one time task and you must complete it entirely to award yourself 5 pts. However, task #2 – Try 2 new fruits or vegetables….. – is possible to complete this task more than once. Each time you have successfully sampled, and hopefully enjoyed a serving of, a new fruit or vegetable you can award yourself 5 pts. Tasks that can be completed multiple times are marked with an ***

This challenge is on your honor system, be accurate and honest with the points you award yourself. After all, if you cheat you are only cheating yourself from forming healthy eating habits. :)

TASKS:

drink eight glasses of at least 8 oz of water each day

Try two new fruits, vegetables or combination of either this week ***
(new is one you have never tasted before)

Instead of snacking -- spend 20 mins engaged in a hobby or interest ***

Eat a healthy breakfast every day instead of skipping this meal

Eat at least 3 servings of whole grains this week ***

Consume at least 2 non-starchy vegetables 3 days this week ***

No eating of fast-food -- salads and Subway excluded

Suggestion – print out the task list and keep it hand to mark off each time you complete one for easy and accurate record

GOOD LUCK AND Bon Appétit!

Well Team Red, we have been challenged. This is a chance to redeem our showing from last week. We CAN WIN this thing. The only problem I see is that many of our team members do not post on our team thread at all. I'm not sure if they visit here so I will PM those that do not check in here today a copy of this challenge. Please take this seriously. The more people we have really working on it the more points we will get. If you have any questions just PM me.

We team captains are still in cahoots about when we will start this challenge. We do communicate alot about BL business. I have over 70 emails in my personal Biggest Loser folder so far just from OhMom (our organizer), Princess Vija (blue team captain) and Dona C (black team captain). I am posting the challenge today as a heads up for you to start thinking about. Print out the list and keep it where you can reference it during the week. Total your points at the end of the week and PM them to me.

There are no big prizes involved with winning this one (actually WISH BL has no REAL big prizes, just our satisfaction and gaining new healthy habits). There is a special clippie offered to the winning team. The winners will be able to sport the clippie until the conclusion of the next team challenge when a new team winner is announced. This clippie will replace the Red Team member clippie for the bragging period. I apologize that my limited technical ability will not allow me to show the clippie here. I will try to work on it. I have it in a file as a JPEG. I tried to copy and paste it but could not. Any suggestions you techaristas out there?

My burning questions for some of you:

Mermaid02 (??) - How is DH's grandmother doing?

winniedapooh (Michelle) - How are you doing after your surgery?

Have a healthy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter