BL 3 - Red Team week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brenda, Can you definine not starchy vegetables?

Also regarding snacking, what if it is in our diet plan from a doctor? ( Is scheduled snacking allowed?)

Cheryl,

Starchy vegetables would be potatoes, corn, lima beans, and peas. Most other vegetables would be considered non-starchy.

Scheduled healthy snacking is allowed and encouraged. The 20 minutes of activity is for the time after your snack or meal when you still want to eat. THe activity is good for late at night when it's not time to snack, or early in the morning, or in the middle of the afternoon when it is not time to eat. The 20 minutes of activity is designed to avoid a mindless snacking frenzy. Sometimes we 'think' we are hungry and after a glass of water and some time the 'feeling' of hunger will subside. They say it takes 20 minutes after eating for our mind to realize our stomach is satisfied. Hopefully the 20 minutes of pleasurable activity will help our mind realize that food is not really what we need.

Hope this helps. Ask away if you have any other questions.

I love the challenge! Does anyone have any suggestions for new fruits and veggies?

I lost 1.5 this week! That's a total of 3.5 in the past 2 weeks! :banana:

Hmmmm, 6 things about me...
1. I am very patient
2. I am a good preschool teacher
3. I am a good mom to 3 boys
4. I am an attentive wife
5. I am creative
6. I am becomming a good cook

Do we have a start date for the challenge??

BIGGEST LOSER TIME CHANGE:

For those of you who watch the show, it will air for 2 hours on 9/25 (7-9Pcentral/8-10P eastern).

Then effective 10/2 a half hour of "Singing Bee" will air before a 90 minute episode of BL. So that would be 7:30-9P central/8:30-10P eastern. This change is 'till further notice'. My bet is Singing Bee will die an untimely death pretty soon, and then (NBC = Nothing But Change) will move everything around again. I"ll keep you posted.

BTW, good day for me today and I hit the grocery store tonight!

hi :wave:

i'm popping in b/c i'm nosy...

here's my official spiel

The challenge begins on Wednesday Sept 19 at 12:01 a.m. and end on Tuesday Sept 25th midnight. Your final score must be reported in by Thursday Sept 26 at 3 p.m. EST in order to be included in the team score. Team captains will report in to each team and report the final results in their weekly team thread on Thursday (Sept 26) evening.

No eating of fast-food -- salads and Subway excluded

OK....how do we do points for NOT doing something??? :confused3 So, every time I drive by a fast food restaurant and don't go in, I get 5 points???

This one needs some 'splainin.

So I am trying to PM you my weight but my post count is not up to 10 yet, so I am busy trying to make posts, I guess you have to have 10 posts to PM people. I will get you my weight before midnight, I promise!

Robin

I got on the scale this AM and it displayed that it needs new batteries. Not what I was expecting. :lmao: It did give me my weight after I turned it off and on again. I am down, a little more than a pound. Hopefully DH will see this and change the battery, after all he is on that darn scale every morning. I keep thinking that it will start talking to him. Think of the AOL Voice from 1996 saying to him "You've gained weight".

The scale going down is good because DFIL didn't want me cooking, I didn't get exercise, blah, blah, blah......

I'll post my six items later. i am still working on writing employee reviews. Three due this month, deadline is Thursday. One down, two to go.

I already do all the tasks listed, with the exception of the fruits and veggies. The trying new fruit isn't happening here. I am very picky about my fruit. I am gong to search for some veggie I have never eaten.

Good night and Good Job Red Team. :cheer2: :cheer2: I am proud of everyone who checked in whether or not the scale went in the desired direction.

Jackie,

The no fast food item is a one per week item. So if for the whole week you do not eat any fast food (Healthy Subway and salads are OK) then you get 5 points. Just five points for the week.

Did I 'spain OK?

And thanks for the BL news. I had thought it was going to 90 minutes at some point. I think I better get out and start watching tonights episode on the DVR, I love to zip through those commericials while I am exercising in the living room.

Thanks to OhMom for posting the weekly team challenge start day - TOMORROW -Wednesday!!

I am still waiting for 11 weights. I wonder if the nastygrams should go out now.

I wanted to post my before picture but couldn't get it to work. I'll try again some other time. :)

Just wanted to add that I will hold onto my picture until Dec.

I am still waiting for 5 weights. I am very eager to see how we made out this week. Last week the other teams said they had members with BIG losses. So far we do not have any BIG losses, 4.8 is the best loss so far, last week we had two 5 pound losses and five 4 pound losses. We do have less no changes this week. That is good. We have a lot of losers this week and I am proud of you. I'm not sure we have enough to win it this week, but we are losing and that is the most important thing.

Today is the beginning of our first weekly team challenge. Did you get the details on post #20 of this thread. Print out the activities and start participating. We need EVERYONE to help with this. Every point is desperately needed. Start today with a healthy breakfast and drink your water today.

I have not been on porgram lately and thus I am not feeling good about myself. My bad recording is playing in my head 'Brenda you are the biggest, fattest, ugliest, and laziest person on the entire planet'. Some success today could change the recording to reflect the great things about me.

1. I am compassionate
2. I am good with numbers.
3. I have been married 27 years.
4. I have helped to raise three wonderful children.
5. When I went back to college I had a 4.0 GPA.
6. When I promise to do something I do it.
7. I make lunch for my guys and fill their water jug every workday.

Well Red Losers, do you have a plan for today? What is working for you? It is time to dig in our heels and really get to work. The Red Team will be victorious.

Have a healthy day.

Are we going by just pounds? Or percentages like they do on BL?

On the mend after a week of laying around like a slug. Got the stitches out yesterday and am hoping to get back to normal a little bit. I have to read last weeks thread but will wait for later...

6 Things about me...

1. I love my kids more than life itself.
2. I am a good listener.
3. I am caring to the point that sometimes my heart gets really hurt.
4. I am totally in love with the love of my life soul mate best friend of 22 years .
5. I WILL have my PhD by August of 2008.
6. Trying to write all this stuff about me makes me feel like I am being self-centered lol.

Love the challenge a challenge it will be for me stuck at home! GO RED TEAM!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Our weekly team winner is determined by percentage of weight lost. We are calculating cumulative weight lost/initial weight so our percentages should get higher each week. That will be exciting. I just mentioned pounds lost to give you an idea of how we are doing. I'm still waiting on 4 weights. I think today I will PM team members I don't see here too often info about our weekly team challenge. To win this thing we will need EVERYONE participating.

I had a healthy breakfast and am drinking my water already today. Hope your day is off to a great start too.

Michelle,
It's good to see you back. I hope your recovery continues to go well. It's OK to brag about ourselves sometimes. Seeing our value and worth can help us to make wiser health choices to take care of ourselves.

Have a healthy day.

I've got the challenge list and I'm getting all geared up for it.

I had a fairly decent loss this week, next week I'm hoping it's even better!

:yay: Hi everyone!

Ok, so late to join the red team, but I'm here, and my butt is in gear to lose! :woohoo:

I've printed out the challenge, and am on my way to collecting those points - ate a healthy breakfast this morning (even though tempation breakfast sits just 50 ft down the hall), and have had almost 2 of the eight glasses of water.

Will think of my six things and post them shortly!

Okay y'all - here are my 5 things, finally:

1. I am a great Mom and I have great kids
2. I am very happily married and I am a good wife
3. I have a pretty smile
4. I am athletic and can ride a bike really fast
5. I am a very loyal and caring friend

Everyone is doing great - as far as "big losses" - don't stress. Remember, slow and steady wins the race when it comes to healthy and sustained weight loss. Just be consistent and it will pay off (ack...now if I could just do that myself...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter