As the Ticker Turns~The next chapter of the Resort Changers Saga...*RC trips pg.238

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of afraid of what the doctor is going to say. I'd rather not know. Yes, I know how dumb that is. :rolleyes1

My DH is the same way...the man hasn't been for a physical in....well a LONG time :sad2: it scares me....mind you I have a slip for bloodwork that I was supposed to get done in May....:rolleyes1

:wave2: Peeps!!

Missed you all the past 5 days .... my laptop battery died and my cousins ancient laptop ... well, let's just say half the keys didn't work, I could do my workout routine in the timeframe waiting to post ..:rotfl2: so I gave up!

So much has happened while I was gone!

DS is resting now at home and did very well in surgery. Thanks again to everyone for keeping him in your thoughts! :flower3:

IHTM: So happy to read that your DS handled the surgery well. :hug: You must be so relieved!!

Happy Tuesday morning! After a very long day yesterday...I fell asleep at 630 pm....but before I went nite nite....

Bree did fine at the cardiologist, we go for more testing, but nothing which will hurt :goodvibes

Happy, happy news was received....ALL OF HER TESTS CAME BACK FINE!!!!!! The letter & a copy of all the tests were waiting for DH & I when we got home yesterday. I started crying (from relief) and it took poor DH 3 times to get through the letter....

RC prayers are magical...thank you all for getting me through the last month!!!!

Jeanette....so thrilled :banana::banana: to hear this from you this morning!! GREAT news!!! :hug: (we always knew our Bree was perfect :love:)

Dani: Happy the kids are doing better, but now you are not well??? Like I mentioned to you yesterday, you HAVE to take the time for yourself, your precious Lily and Danimal NEED you. Please get to the doc soon!

Kook: Hope your doctor appt was nothing serious ...

Marie: Sorry that you are having work issues, you can vent here all you want! It does help to let it out and who better than us RCers? Just keep thinking of the Poly ..... the beach, the lapu lapus :goodvibes

Miss: What's with all the doctor appt lately?? Our RCers certainly need the Disney cure ...:goodvibes Hope the appt went well, and I agree with PAS, have the surgery after the trip!!

Hi Mousemommy!! So happy to read how much fun you are having!! Yay for your DD being able to ride Splash Mountain!! :banana::banana: You're so right, seeing those expessions on our kiddos makes it all worthwhile!!

Heather, of course always lovin' your pictures!!

Padawans ... my packing expertise runs along the same lines are you ... throw it in and hope for the best!!

GG & Magic: You will have to be on either side of me on ToT ... I need the moral support!

Hi to all ... have to work and try to read thru 10+ pages ....

:rotfl:The story reminds me of my DH who is constantly planning for a disaster....if I see him digging...I'll have him committed :sad2:

:lmao: Keep him away from that Costco year-long food supply bundles! :rotfl:

Missed you all the past 5 days ....

Miss: What's with all the doctor appt lately?? Our RCers certainly need the Disney cure ...:goodvibes Hope the appt went well, and I agree with PAS, have the surgery after the trip!!

We missed you too! :goodvibes Did you have a nice time? Other than the ... very ... slow ... tortoise-computer?

I know, right? Mine's nothing serious, unlike what everyone else is going through. :grouphug: (More an annoyance and PITA when it wakes me up than anything else -- although the same could be said for my hub's snoring. :rolleyes1) I agree with you all -- trip THEN surgery! :laughing:

pas130 said:
Happy Tuesday morning! After a very long day yesterday...I fell asleep at 630 pm....but before I went nite nite....

Bree did fine at the cardiologist, we go for more testing, but nothing which will hurt :goodvibes

Happy, happy news was received....ALL OF HER TESTS CAME BACK FINE!!!!!! The letter & a copy of all the tests were waiting for DH & I when we got home yesterday. I started crying (from relief) and it took poor DH 3 times to get through the letter....

RC prayers are magical...thank you all for getting me through the last month!!!!

:hug:

Did I add my change......WL Honeymoon Room Aug 9-12th :woohoo:

popcorn::

Definitely swim first, surgery later :hug:
Thank you, I LOVE IT! Good luck to you today! :hug:

:lmao:
:yay: :hug:

Vent away Marie! Many of us understand, I know I do :hug:

step My quote for you disappeared :confused3 Welcome back home !!!!! 4 weeks will be here soon! You'll be headed down after I get back....and I hope CR opens up...we have had stuff open up...last minute :wizard: If not swimming by the castle...ahhhh. But SAB looks fab as well!! Win win :dance3:

:hug: We are keeping our fingers crossed here for goodnews...it's a good news kind of day :flower3:

heather Nice pic! I would love a Disney cruise...if only I didn't hate boats! :sick:

pas I am so very happy to hear the good news about Bree !

Jeanette....so thrilled :banana::banana: to hear this from you this morning!! GREAT news!!! :hug: (we always knew our Bree was perfect :love:)
And what do I do when I get good news.....spend money :confused3

Since I have this airfare paid for a trip in sept for HRH & I... why not book a room, just in case...:rolleyes1

Since it's HRH's birthday...she should pick the resort, right????

So.....................

Sept 28th-Oct 1st BC CL....gotta have a snack room

Whether we actually go on the trip :rotfl: I'll keep my fingers crossed ;)
:lmao: Keep him away from that Costco year-long food supply bundles! :rotfl:
Too late.........:sad2:

pas I am so very happy to hear the good news about Bree !

:hug: Thanks Sheila!!!!!

Speaking of weights, when we were on our walk yesterday evening, I saw something quite strange -- at least for Chicago suburbia. Someone had built a trebuchet in their driveway. Medieval siege weapons in the 'burbs! I guess it's potentially a good deterrent for door-to-door salesmen. :lmao:

:rotfl: priceless!

[Funny story about Danimal. Last night I was telling him how we are meeting up with some DISers on our trip and he asked if they know about him. I said of course they know about you! And he says "so I'm like famous?" :rotfl: Kids!

Agree with Pas ... he IS an RC prince!! :goodvibes

I'm kind of afraid of what the doctor is going to say. I'd rather not know. Yes, I know how dumb that is. :rolleyes1

No, not dumb, we all are like that ... please call the doctor! :hug:

mind you I have a slip for bloodwork that I was supposed to get done in May....:rolleyes1

hmmm... the nurse who takes of everyone else is not following her own advice???? Oh Jeanette, please make the time this week!

We missed you too! :goodvibes Did you have a nice time? Other than the ... very ... slow ... tortoise-computer?

I know, right? Mine's nothing serious, unlike what everyone else is going through. :grouphug: (More an annoyance and PITA when it wakes me up than anything else -- although the same could be said for my hub's snoring. :rolleyes1) I agree with you all -- trip THEN surgery! :laughing:

yes, we had a nice time ... weather was great .... oh, forgot to mention my DD won $50 at Bingo! :cool1: And the computer, don't even now how my cousin stands it... besides being ancient, the broken keys, it's a much slower internet connection there, like the ol' days of dial up ... we don't even get much cell service ... and with me having cocktails trying to post, well .... it was best to pack it away! :rotfl2:

And however little or big, it's still your health and important to you! Hope it won't bother you too much on the trip. And ... please remember me at Ohare if you do need to get a way from it all! :goodvibes

:wave2: Sheila!!

Just wanted to add some good news here... I had a treadmill stress test, echocardiogram and another ECG today and was told, "nothing is wrong with your heart - you can go home now." Last month I had an ECG that was 'borderline' (atrial enlargement) and they suspected that since I've been doing quite a bit of cardio and weight lifting over the years, that caused the result. Of course, I kept suspecting the worst and have been worried and really not even thinking about going on vacation. After thorough testing today and finding nothing wrong, I can go back to running tomorrow:yay:

Kook....Morning to ya! No changes??;) DH said he thought Kidani looked great (he only saw our pictures) He thought it appeared to be a great place for relaxation and PEACE. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Now that I'm away from panic mode and back to planning mode, I'm seeing a possible change from Kidani. I've never felt 100% about Kidani, but if BLT or CR were available (but I don't think they are) we're leaning much more in that direction. DH said he'd actually rather do YC/CL than AKL, but still leaves it up to me:upsidedow. He really loves walking to Epcot and jogging there is so nice. I know, we have very strange priorities.

I'm PMing my stress test treadmill photo to you so Bree knows what it looks like for her test Friday.

I would have been crying and re-reading it a million times, too. You must feel like a ton of weight has been lifted and you're all going to sleep better tonight. Keep us posted on Friday:grouphug:

Kook: Yikes. Nothing serious... just a check-up? :confused3 :hug:

Someone had built a trebuchet in their driveway. Medieval siege weapons in the 'burbs! I guess it's potentially a good deterrent for door-to-door salesmen. :lmao:

Thanks for the hug and apparently nothing was ever wrong, but that didn't stop me from thinking the worse!

I am intrigued by your trebuchet siting as I enjoy watching shows where people build them and catapult all kinds of fun stuff about. I don't know which burb you spied it in, but DH grew-up in Highland Park and I'd bet my Mickey ears you didn't see it there. Must have been Skokie... Did you take a photo of it?

Kook - Sending good thoughts for your appointment. :goodvibes
Your good thoughts were just what I needed - thank you:goodvibes

Kook: Hope your doctor appt was nothing serious ...

Hi to all ... have to work and try to read thru 10+ pages ....
Oh, it was serious, everything to me is always very serious, I run on high octane:hyper:. I'm sorry for not yet scheduling an RC meet 'n greet. Now I feel I can start focusing on the trip again and it may involve a little change from Kidani. So I'll be sure to keep you apprised.

Since I have this airfare paid for a trip in sept for HRH & I... why not book a room, just in case...:rolleyes1

So.....................

Yes, a snack room is a MUST and I love that you had HRH pick. Has she ever stayed at BC before?

Hi everyone! It's a hot one here today...38 Celcius...not sure what that is in farenheit!:confused3 :rotfl: The girls were swimming all day and are now exhausted, supposed to play soccer now tonight!:eek:

Kook: Glad your tests went well....it's always nerve wracking

JanetB: So nice to see you back!:goodvibes

Miss: Yes...keep trying! It was another Diser who snagged a lunch for August that inspired me to try again!:thumbsup2

Dani: Oh please take care of yourself...I saw you posted at 1 am on the Poly thread. Do you ever get any sleep girl???:grouphug:

Iheartthemouse: Is your DS doing ok?

Heather: loved your pic of Castaway Key...can't wait to see the real thing!

Pas:Best news ever about Bree:yay:

To all....:wave2: A big hello and hope you had a good Tuesday!!:dance3:

Just a very quick pop in to let you all know that I've been reading and keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Looks like all the RC ladies and their babies are on the mend .... what WONDERFUL news! :grouphug:

Just wanted to drop in and say HI!!

Pas- yay!!! For Bree and her tests coming out fine! Soooo happy for you!!
Marie - bummer on the work thing, but I agree...go in, get your work done and go home...it's just a job after all.

Everyone is still sleeping right now. Yesterday was jam packed with Epcot in the morning ((DD5 rode Soarin' for the 1st time and loved it)...the we spent a few hours at the pool. Had dinner at 1900 PF, which was a blast and the at DHS until midnight....DD5 rode ToT for the 1st time and LOVED it!! :goodvibes

Today, we plan on hanging around the hotel, and then Epcot tonight. Have Via Napoli ressies!

Hope everyone is having a spectacular day!! :goodvibes

So glad you are having a wonderful trip!! How are you liking CL?:goodvibes

Switched to every other Monday chemo, so yesterday was a chemo day, no DIS for me.

How wonderful it is to catch up and read such good news! :goodvibes

pas, such wonderful news about Bree! :hug: We brace ourselves for the worst and what a happy feeling to get good news. Now you and your DH can really enjoy your upcoming anniversary trip. WL honeymoon suite. Heavenly :cloud9:

i heart the mouse, so glad to hear your little guy did well with surgery. :cool1: How is mom doing? You must be so relieved, but I am guessing very tired. Worrying about your kids can take so much out of you.

Dani, so happy to hear the Lily and Danimal are on the mend. Now then, you need to take care of yourself. You have a trip coming up!!! :love:

KOOK, so glad to hear the stress test went well. I am proud of you for getting the tests done, you must be so relieved to be "normal"!!! :goodvibes

step, you didn't miss the train. I will be updating the list tomorrow, so you will be added to our RC trip list. :surfweb:

chimno2U, sorry to hear about things at work. :sad2:

Jenny, we will plan on a meet when we are both there in September. Even without a cell phone it shouldn't be a problem. We can plan and if something changes there is always to good old fashioned room phone!

Speaking of trips, just booked another one today. 12/31 to 1/13, WL CL! It's room only and at this point there are no discounts, but hopefully they will be coming. Just wanted to secure the room, especially for 12/31 and 1/1. KOOK, thoughts on NYE WL CL?!!!

This chemo has me tired, so time to go lie down with a book. I am just so very happy to see so much good news :cheer2:

Hi to everyone I missed :wave2:

Jeanette I like the way you think!

Kook So glad to hear the good news.

Jenny I don't sleep much but I definitely sleep more than Jeanette! :rotfl:

Switched to every other Monday chemo, so yesterday was a chemo day, no DIS for me.

How wonderful it is to catch up and read such good news! :goodvibes

pas, such wonderful news about Bree! :hug: We brace ourselves for the worst and what a happy feeling to get good news. Now you and your DH can really enjoy your upcoming anniversary trip. WL honeymoon suite. Heavenly :cloud9:

i heart the mouse, so glad to hear your little guy did well with surgery. :cool1: How is mom doing? You must be so relieved, but I am guessing very tired. Worrying about your kids can take so much out of you.

Dani, so happy to hear the Lily and Danimal are on the mend. Now then, you need to take care of yourself. You have a trip coming up!!! :love:

KOOK, so glad to hear the stress test went well. I am proud of you for getting the tests done, you must be so relieved to be "normal"!!! :goodvibes

step, you didn't miss the train. I will be updating the list tomorrow, so you will be added to our RC trip list. :surfweb:

chimno2U, sorry to hear about things at work. :sad2:

Jenny, we will plan on a meet when we are both there in September. Even without a cell phone it shouldn't be a problem. We can plan and if something changes there is always to good old fashioned room phone!

Speaking of trips, just booked another one today. 12/31 to 1/13, WL CL! It's room only and at this point there are no discounts, but hopefully they will be coming. Just wanted to secure the room, especially for 12/31 and 1/1. KOOK, thoughts on NYE WL CL?!!!

This chemo has me tired, so time to go lie down with a book. I am just so very happy to see so much good news :cheer2:

You take care of yourself too...you must be another tough cookie....lots of those over here on the RC thread.:flower3:

Sarah ... so happy to "see" you on the DIS today, and that you are feeling better! Have a good rest my friend! :hug:

So.....................

Jeanette .. nothing you ever do surprises me!! :goodvibes Yay for BC CL!! :cool1: Still holding LM ... I never cancel til the last moment ... trying to juggle stuff on my end to see if its possible ... so ya never know!

Just wanted to add some good news here... I had a treadmill stress test, echocardiogram and another ECG today and was told, "nothing is wrong with your heart - you can go home now." Last month I had an ECG that was 'borderline' (atrial enlargement) and they suspected that since I've been doing quite a bit of cardio and weight lifting over the years, that caused the result. Of course, I kept suspecting the worst and have been worried and really not even thinking about going on vacation. After thorough testing today and finding nothing wrong, I can go back to running tomorrow:yay:

Now that I'm away from panic mode and back to planning mode, I'm seeing a possible change from Kidani. I've never felt 100% about Kidani, but if BLT or CR were available (but I don't think they are) we're leaning much more in that direction. DH said he'd actually rather do YC/CL than AKL, but still leaves it up to me:upsidedow. He really loves walking to Epcot and jogging there is so nice. I know, we have very strange priorities.

Kook, wonderful news!!! :banana: Don't worry about not planning a meet and greet ... I woudn't of forgotten ...;) Plenty of time my friend, plenty of time!! :goodvibes

Hi everyone! It's a hot one here today...38 Celcius...not sure what that is in farenheit!:confused3 :rotfl: The girls were swimming all day and are now exhausted, supposed to play soccer now tonight!:eek:

Kook: Glad your tests went well....it's always nerve wracking

JanetB: So nice to see you back!:goodvibes

Hi Jenny!! Its good to be back! :goodvibes And, had to look it up ... 38 celcius is 100 F! Yikes! Our high today was 95, so you have us beat. Soccer sounds exhausting after a day out in the sun and water, but i know our kiddos have more energy than us ... just keep them hydrated as I'm sure you will. :)

:goodvibes :grouphug: I'm at work, but had to sneak on over here to give my RC'er family a great big :grouphug: Thanks for all the words of encouragement, they helped me feel better when I was in a dark place and feeling low!! I love y'all!!! The boss is back, so things seem a little smoother....I am doing my job and doing it to the best of my ability, which is all that can be expected of me!!! Funny thing is, before this "informal talk to point out a few issues", I LOVED my job!!! I loved the people too!!! however, it just goes to show even the nicest people can talk behind closed doors, and you never really know things until something like this comes up!!! I am going to work on the items that where brought to my attention....and do my shift, then go home, as MM said...it's just a job.....that's all it really is, and although I like to enjoy my workplace, I don't live to work, so I will do my time and then put it behind me when I walk out of here!
Thank you all again for the support, and kind words! You all make me smile :)

MM: So happy to hear you are having a blast!!! You deserve a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to hear all about it when you do your report :)

PAS: Wow! BC CL.....so it might still be on??? that's wonderful!!! HRH has nice taste! Glad to hear Bree's tests came back positive...that's amazing news!!!
If you are there when I am, please be sure to look me up, I am only a Pina Colava away, ;) I don't remember if I PMed you my cell phone # or not....I am hoping to get a USA texting plan so I can at least text in the US while I am there! Canada >>USA roaming/ data is just too expensive!
There's always the room phone too, you all know where to find me :)

I Heart : So happy DS's surgery went well! That's great news, and the best thing you probably did for him! Safe and speedy recovery wished for him!

Dani: I'm so glad the kiddos are on the mend!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts of POLY and hope things are just as magical as you remember them! Not long now!!!!

Speaking of not long, I've only got 73 days left!! sure they'll fly by fast :)

Well, I better get back to work..... it was nice chattin' with Y'all! TTYS :flower3:

So.....................

I love, love, LOVE this! :love: Awww, shame it's not a week earlier... we could meet! I'm hoping to meet JC since she'll be there at the same time as us (hopefully, if we're still going) and Jenny will be over at the Poly? Need to go back and consult the official list. :laughing:

Oh, you MUST tell me... have you tasted any of the Armageddon Food packets? I've always been curious what they taste like. popcorn:: :laughing:

yes, we had a nice time ... weather was great .... oh, forgot to mention my DD won $50 at Bingo! :cool1: And the computer, don't even now how my cousin stands it... besides being ancient, the broken keys, it's a much slower internet connection there, like the ol' days of dial up ... we don't even get much cell service ... and with me having cocktails trying to post, well .... it was best to pack it away! :rotfl2:

And however little or big, it's still your health and important to you! Hope it won't bother you too much on the trip. And ... please remember me at Ohare if you do need to get a way from it all! :goodvibes

$50 at bingo, way to go! Has she spent it or is she saving it up for Disney? I am, indeed, keeping a side jaunt to O'Hare in mind in case my sanity gives out. :lmao:

Thanks for the hug and apparently nothing was ever wrong, but that didn't stop me from thinking the worse!

Phew. That's a relief! You're gonna be happy to get back to running -- have you been "off" for the whole month? It'll feel so good to get back to it! How do you manage in this heat?! :eek: (I'm taking a self-imposed "Must Be Cooler Than 80" running hiatus. :laughing: I'm kinda dreading having this surgery on my hand since I'm not sure how long it'll be until I can go back to weight-lifting. :upsidedow It's my hot-weather alternative.)

I am intrigued by your trebuchet siting as I enjoy watching shows where people build them and catapult all kinds of fun stuff about. I don't know which burb you spied it in, but DH grew-up in Highland Park and I'd bet my Mickey ears you didn't see it there. Must have been Skokie... Did you take a photo of it?

I stupidly forgot the phone at home. Yep, not in Highland Park. We're going back tonight to see if we can spot it in their driveway. :woohoo: I'm hoping to snap a picture of it -- if only to prove there's a siege weapon on the loose in Suburbia... and that I'm not insane. ::yes:: (Well, regarding this anyway.)

Swimming sounds just the ticket in this heat. It's like a blast furnace any time a door is opened around here. Hope they've got some energy left for some footie!

:hug: Hope your nap is a good one, along with the book! So excited about your new trip! YAY! :woohoo: I'm hoping we'll be able to meet on your September trip -- should be easy enough since we're staying at the same place. :goodvibes

pas - Yay for Bree! I am so happy that you got the good news that you have been hoping for! :cool1:

stepdisney - I'm no help. Although I'm partial to the Poly, I think YC is my #2. Although our dates do overlap and I'll be at the Poly then. Dani and Magic too... just sayin' :idea:

!

That will be fun!!! We'll see. We would consider a split but we are already switching fro our US hotel and I don't want the family to go crazy with moving so much. I plan to KNOW where I am staying by July 31......::yes:: and that settles it...:sad2: We'll see....as the ticker turns.....:goodvibes

Just wanted to say I had a chance to catch up on posts. Sometimes I just read a few and post an update but this time I had a chance to read through quite a few.

Just wanted to encourage those who are in difficult places. I am praying for peace for those who are worried or troubled and for health and healing for those who need as well. Sending all the RC ladies a great big RC :grouphug:.

Remember

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Christopher Robin to Pooh

So glad you are having a wonderful trip!! How are you liking CL?:goodvibes

CL is very nice for breakfast in the morning, though we slept through it today...and it's nice to have snacks and drinks available through the day. We haven't had any of the evening stuff yet, just because we haven't been around durning those hours...the CL CM's are amazingly sweet, especially to the kiddos...we even like the turndown service...but I'm not sure we'd do it again. We obviously had a great deal which made CL at WL only $25/per night more than what we were going to pay at the Poly, so it was worth the plunge in that respect....but the normal price hike for CL....yeah, I don't think I'd pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter