*April PreTrip & Trip Reports*

I hope someone starts up a TR thread for April because with this many of you it should be a good one.

It seems I no longer am smart enough to figure out how to post pictures from my ipad, and alas I have no working computer anymore :(

Do you take pictures with your ipad? If you do, when your making a post select the tab "upload a file" and go to your pictures and select the one you want.

Pictures need to be less than 1MB, I usually use 1000x700.

image.jpg image.jpg Thanks, Tiggerdad! I think that works!
edit... Yup, it does. That's a picture of my puppy who discovered he can squeeze under the bathroom door in our fifthwheel. That was in November. We'll see if he can still do it in April, lol!

Cool! I just figured out how to add more than one AND make them full size! Of course, I put them in the wrong order, but I'll figure out how to fix that later.

Look out for some great Fort pics in April!

We'll be there Apr 9-17. Requesting 700 again. We plan on doing water parks early and closing the parks down late.

We have been in the 800 loop the last three visits to the Fort. Hoping for the 700 loop this trip. We requested it in the past, but they just never seem to give it to us.

Glad the pictures are working Napria. In that first picture, for a second, I thought there were two dogs. Turns out the second dog was a rug...:crazy:

Glad the pictures are working Napria. In that first picture, for a second, I thought there were two dogs. Turns out the second dog was a rug...:crazy:

Lol! We sometimes mistake the puppy for a rug! Good thing he's usually in motion, eh? :rotfl2:

We arrive April 1sttill April 7th. Our first trip at the Fort. We have a preferred site. Staying with a family of 10 across our camper and a tent. Getting in time with my brother and his family before he deploys to Korea. We have 4 day Disney passes and thinking we will spend Saturday the 2nd enjoying the camp in hopes that the crowds will be a bit quieted Sunday through Wednesday as Spring break ends for most. We have a 28 for camper with a slide and a large tent so I have been on here trying to learn how to have to best chance at a good spot we will fit well on. We are new to large campers, upgraded from a popup so getting in tight spots is still a challenge for us so we are hoping to avoid that. I'd love any tips anyone has. I saw someone say to claim my camper is larger than it is to help with that. Any better tips? Thanks

Welcome MommieMara! We went from a pop up to a 33' fifthwheel. (Now we camp in a 40' fifthwheel). Funny, I was a champ at backing that popup but I couldn't backup the 33' for my life. I won't even attempt the 40'. Having said that, I think the trick is practice. After enough times practicing I'm sure you'll get a feel for it. I just got discouraged and let my husband take over for good.

We arrive April 1sttill April 7th. Our first trip at the Fort. We have a preferred site. Staying with a family of 10 across our camper and a tent. Getting in time with my brother and his family before he deploys to Korea. We have 4 day Disney passes and thinking we will spend Saturday the 2nd enjoying the camp in hopes that the crowds will be a bit quieted Sunday through Wednesday as Spring break ends for most. We have a 28 for camper with a slide and a large tent so I have been on here trying to learn how to have to best chance at a good spot we will fit well on. We are new to large campers, upgraded from a popup so getting in tight spots is still a challenge for us so we are hoping to avoid that. I'd love any tips anyone has. I saw someone say to claim my camper is larger than it is to help with that. Any better tips? Thanks

Call Fort Wilderness directly and have them note the size of your trailer on your reservation. That way they will assign a site appropriate for you. I think with 28 feet you should be mostly ok everywhere...

April 3rd-11th for us. Driving from PA as we always do, but we always stay in deluxe or dvc. We're tent camping this time. My wife and I have been camping elsewhere since we were kids but never at the fort. Now that we have our own family we got ourselves a big tent and are making the trip.

Call Fort Wilderness directly and have them note the size of your trailer on your reservation. That way they will assign a site appropriate for you. I think with 28 feet you should be mostly ok everywhere...

I got our 30 ft TT in to site 103 after a couple tries. Had to avoid the car parked across from my site and the electrical box. Of course my tow vehicle is almost as long as my travel trailer. But we fit, and would have had room for a tent on the pad behind us, but the preferred sites are tight in width. Liked the premium we had last year more.

We will be there in April too! Check-in March 29th - April 6th! We have a preferred site for the first two nights and a premium site the last 6 nights. I had hoped that I could change the first two nights to a premium, but I haven't had any luck. I have been trying a couple times a day:(

This is our third time to the Fort this year. We love it and go a couple times each year, usually at Spring Break, in the summer for two weeks and a fall trip too. My kids have grown-up there. Sometimes, I feel like we are spoiling them too much...What can I say? We love Disney:) In Feb, we used our DVC points and went to Disney's Aulani Resort and it was out of this world wonderful!

We are from North Louisiana.

We have a 28 for camper with a slide and a large tent so I have been on here trying to learn how to have to best chance at a good spot we will fit well on. I saw someone say to claim my camper is larger than it is to help with that. Any better tips? Thanks
A 28 ft TT and a tent should fit fine. I would call, like others have said, and have the size of the TT and tent added to the reservation. That seems to help make sure you can fit.

Below are pics of the 100 Loop (Preferred sites) with my old 5er. It was a little over 30 ft long and a I a very big and long truck. This is site 103 that Chris mentioned above. I pushed the trailer deep into the spot and had the rear wheels at the edge of the tent pad so I had lots of room to pull the truck in and not be near the road. Your trailer is shorter than mine and I suspect your vehicle isn't as long as mine too.

There was still quite a bit of room behind the camper for a good size tent.

IMG_20110528_151432.jpg

IMG_20110528_151352.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter