*April PreTrip & Trip Reports*

Dinner at Boma was really good. I can see us going back there another time.

We had a surprise getting there, however. I had called "guest services" to find out how to get there using Disney transportation. I was told to take a bus to Animal Kingdom park and then pick up a different bus to the Lodge. So, when the bus to AK arrived, the driver told us that AK was closed for the night, so busses weren't going there. Then he said, wait a minute while I call Goofy. Next thing you know, he took just the 4 of us over to the Lodge!

So now - we are all packed up and ready to leave tomorrow.

Good thing he was able to get Goofy on the phone. Glad to hear it worked out. :thumbsup2

Well our trip has come to an end. We are packed, all the tents are folded up on our hybrid, and the truck is hooked up. We had an incredible trip this time around as my son and I celebrated his 13th birthday and my 50th. Today was officially my son's 13th birthday and I gave him the choice to do whatever he wanted so he chose a tandem parasail. It was an incredible ride and a great experience for both of us. I took video of the whole ride so he and I can relive it from time to time. Tomorrow morning we head north for a short stay in Charleston SC. Then head up the Shenandoah Valley to get home. I wish I could say we will be back in a year but it will probably have to be two. I love this place.

Well our trip has come to an end. We are packed, all the tents are folded up on our hybrid, and the truck is hooked up. We had an incredible trip this time around as my son and I celebrated his 13th birthday and my 50th. Today was officially my son's 13th birthday and I gave him the choice to do whatever he wanted so he chose a tandem parasail. It was an incredible ride and a great experience for both of us. I took video of the whole ride so he and I can relive it from time to time. Tomorrow morning we head north for a short stay in Charleston SC. Then head up the Shenandoah Valley to get home. I wish I could say we will be back in a year but it will probably have to be two. I love this place.

Welcome to the "I love the Fort" club, Jeff. And thanks for all your pix and updates.

Bama Ed

Sounds like your son will have an awesome memory to remember.
I love the Fort and WDW too. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. We always say we are coming back in a "Year" but it usually ends up being 2 years. This year we have 2 trips planned (and probably getting an AP along the way). I hope it all works out for us too. upload_2016-4-29_6-53-12.gif

I wonder if I could get the DW to Parasail! :rotfl2:
Yeah, okay, never mind! She doesn't do planes (i.e. Flying) OR Boats!

She has this fear that on a boat, it will hit something and sink. She will survive though but then get eaten by a shark.
She doesn't want to fly because she thinks it will crash (over water). She will survive though but then get eaten by a shark.
I detect a "Theme" here! :)

Oh well... Maybe I can get the DD to join me.

Welcome to the "I love the Fort" club, Jeff. And thanks for all your pix and updates.

Bama Ed
Thanks Ed, Once I got the hang of using photo bucket it was fun and I sorta felt like it was my duty because when I am at home counting down the days I really enjoy following other people's reports.

peg110, I will never forget when my son and I were up at about 350', he looked at my and said "Dad! This is the best thing I have ever experienced! Mission accomplished. That would be great if you could get a family member to join you. I don't know if it help, but when I get home I could load the video I took onto my computer and email it to you? BTW, I saw Jaws when I was very young and still have some issues with things that could be lurking in the water(salt water). Thanks for the message. Jeff

I had mentioned that Mallory had a hot spot while at Disney on her elbow. That prompted me to check her other elbow and I found a skin tag on it. I set up a vet appointment for today. Then on Tuesday morning she had a scab on her back leg. She proceeded to lick it and open up the wound. Since I already had the vet appointment I just waited it out. THis morning while I was swimming she licked that wound open. I thought it may have been a urine scald and I was a bad mommy, but it turns out it was a cut. I am not sure how she got it but she does pull herself around so we are thinking on furnture. The vet cleaned that wound and then was able to use a local anesthetic to cut the tag off. It is being sent out for testing but we think it is benign.

Here she is in car with her cool bandage.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

The best part is the vet said we need to keep her from licking it. So collar of shame it is.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Thankfully it is the weekend so we can watch her and hopefully not need the collar of shame much, but I just want her to feel better.

I had mentioned that Mallory had a hot spot while at Disney on her elbow. That prompted me to check her other elbow and I found a skin tag on it. I set up a vet appointment for today. Then on Tuesday morning she had a scab on her back leg. She proceeded to lick it and open up the wound. Since I already had the vet appointment I just waited it out. THis morning while I was swimming she licked that wound open. I thought it may have been a urine scald and I was a bad mommy, but it turns out it was a cut. I am not sure how she got it but she does pull herself around so we are thinking on furnture. The vet cleaned that wound and then was able to use a local anesthetic to cut the tag off. It is being sent out for testing but we think it is benign.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

The best part is the vet said we need to keep her from licking it. So collar of shame it is.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Thankfully it is the weekend so we can watch her and hopefully not need the collar of shame much, but I just want her to feel better.
I hope she heals quickly. She is very lucky to be with you and Bert.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I hope she heals quickly. She is very lucky to be with you and Bert.

Thanks Jeff and Disneypeach. I spent a lot of time with her on the bed last night. She enjoyed that, lots of cuddles and pets. Plus I could keep her from licking. The issue with the skin tag was where it was at. On the elbow, she pushes off and lays on it a lot. Main thing was making sure it did not bleed through. With the bandage she can't lick it, but she keeps reaching back to lick her back leg. She can reach that.

She does move around a bit. This morning she had pulled herself completely off her bed.

Fun times but she should be able to walk today. We passed on the dog walk last night so she could rest the elbow.

Oh that Look, "1st you put the collar of shame on me, and then you take my picture?". We know it's always for the best, but it's still hard to do.

peg110, I will never forget when my son and I were up at about 350', he looked at my and said "Dad! This is the best thing I have ever experienced! Mission accomplished. That would be great if you could get a family member to join you. I don't know if it help, but when I get home I could load the video I took onto my computer and email it to you? BTW, I saw Jaws when I was very young and still have some issues with things that could be lurking in the water(salt water). Thanks for the message. Jeff
I might be able to persuade my youngest DW but she is only 11. Maybe another couple of years. I'd love to see the video. Sent you a message with my email in it.

It's funny, Jaws scared me when I was younger, but when I watch jaws now, it's funny to see how "Phony" the things look. I am sure part of it is a result of improvement in video technologies and CGI, but I watch it now and kind of laugh.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Our Yellow Lab, Maverick, started licking his paws to the point of causing a wound. (Lick Granule?) but it turns out he also has Rheumatoid Arthritis (Ugh) and will be on medication to control it for the rest of his life. Apparently the RA will cause "Hot Spots" and that's what could get them licking.

I hope your Mallory is doing better. I hate the "Collar of Shame" (As does my Maverick), but I like the way yours looks on Mallory. It doesn't seem to be a cone around the head. When Maverick has his on, he can barely drink water or eat food (plus since he is so big, the cone is bigger and it's hard for him to walk around because he bumps into all the furniture.... that just freaks him out.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter