*April PreTrip & Trip Reports*

So it appears we will miss the Rivers Of Light opening by a few days unless we get lucky and they have a Passholder preview. If not we will have to wait until October to see it. Hate when things line up this way.

Flame tamer, I am trying to figure out how we can see it. Our last night when we are packing up is opening night. Didn't realize it but we will over lap in April, before we head to GSP.

Flame tamer, I am trying to figure out how we can see it. Our last night when we are packing up is opening night. Didn't realize it but we will over lap in April, before we head to GSP.

I noticed that too. I plan on trying to meet up with you at the Fort. Our last few days we'll be in park commando mode so I can't promise. We are requesting to return to the 800 loop. Hope we see you there.

Officially Apr 22 but rumors of a soft opening before. Also a new rumor that Frozen in Epcot will open around the same time. Gonna be a busy week trying to do all this new stuff.

OUR MAGIC BANDS SHIPPED!!!

I'm so excited! We haven't been since before MagicBands! We're really going back :jumping1:

Our Magic Bands arrived! There is a HUGE thread on decorating Magic Bands so I grabbed some sparkly nail polish and did a little magic on mine & DH's, and now I'm more than ready to get the camper packed and go!

We also got our magic bands. We have a back to back reservation so I just picked our colors for the second reservation and I got a purple one!!!!

Always great when the Magic Bands arrive. It makes the trip Official! Let the packing begin.

MommieMara, yours should arrive soon. Did you get an email that they've been shipped?

Love the glitter! Ours are about to ship and dd and I both got our purple selected in the nick of time.

Fortunately no one in our house had thier heart set on purple because they became a choice on MDE right after ours started being prepared to ship.

Everyone here got thier favorite color. And yup... My husband's favorite color is grey!

Picked up the rig yesterday from the shop. They had to work on a slide seal and a few other minor tasks. One was to have it washed and waxed. It looks really nice now. Hopefully not too many bug splatters on the way down, we always wash the front cap when we get in.

Picked up the rig yesterday from the shop. They had to work on a slide seal and a few other minor tasks. One was to have it washed and waxed. It looks really nice now. Hopefully not too many bug splatters on the way down, we always wash the front cap when we get in.

Yes 500 miles through Southern bug country requires that I do the same. I don't want to think about a shop. I found a crack in my front roof seam. It's about the same place my previous camper leaked and ruined a wall. It was covered under warranty and so will this one if there was any water intrusion. I'm hoping not but if so I hope it doesn't show itself until after our April trip.

Yikes. I hope to NEVER have a warranty issue. We have been very fortunate that our current camper has not had any real issues. We've had it for about 8 years and bought it used. There was an issue with the awning our last trip to dolywood in July 2015. Water apparently got between the layers. Nothing to major though. I did have to pull a few stitches to get it to drain.

We have trickle charged the battery since yesterday morning (learned the hard way to disconnect and store in the garage while the fifthwheel sits in the driveway for any length of time.)

We are planning to hook up the battery, slide the slides out and start to get some clothes, linens, etc. moved in today. Let the preparations begin!

We are doing the same...Had to go get the RV to save it from floodwaters here in Louisiana. Where we store it is about 15 miles from our house and the floodwaters are making it very difficult to travel anywhere. We were afraid if we didn't go get it that we would not be able to go get it and in the end we may need it to stay in here. If the bayous and rivers around us rise much more, we could seriously be in a much worse situation and not have power...

Anyway, now that it's at home, I will start loading it back up for the trip to FL. I am in the mode of washing all the linens now and getting them back on the bunks and beds.

My 4 year old has asked me a hundreds times since we now have the RV at home..."Is it time to go to Mickeytown?" That's what he calls it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter