April 2018 Check-In

I'll be there for Dapper Days weekend! In the parks only on Saturday, 4/21.!

We fly home late on 4/21 so we hope to see some of the clothing that signifies Dapper Days on our last day! We wont be at the parks but hope to hang around downtown Disney and the entrances to the parks and people watch! One of my favourite things to do! ;) Too bad on our timing ... I would have loved to be there to see more of

We fly home late on 4/21 so we hope to see some of the clothing that signifies Dapper Days on our last day! We wont be at the parks but hope to hang around downtown Disney and the entrances to the parks and people watch! One of my favourite things to do! ;) Too bad on our timing ... I would have loved to be there to see more of
I'm hoping a lot of people will be dressed up Saturday night, too, since we won't be there Sunday. My DH and I will wear casual in the morning, then take a hotel break and come back to the parks Dapper in the evening. We plan on doing plenty of swing dancing- at the Cars lighting and the Royal Ball in the Royal Theater.

don't know why I never saw this thread before.....
we are going for one last trip before our APs expire so its a long trip!!!!
We arrive April 18th, leaving April 27th! 8-)
Its going to be a split stay for us with one night/two days at legoland during the weekend while our AP is blocked -- we are taking advantage of the dapper days rate at the Grand and have booked there for the last 6 nights of our trip!!! Plans to be dapper all afternoon and evening on Sunday, I can't wait to see all the outfits!!
:yay:

Hey everyone. We'll be visiting the 9th to the 13th. It's interesting that everyone seems to be late Apr or early, we're one of the few that are mid-month. Kind of excited that we'll be straddling the Pixar dates, so we can do both WoC and the night parade.

We'll be staying at the Ramada Plaza on Katella and Harbor, anyone happen to know if their renovations are complete?

I know that weather can be unpredictable but is it fairly safe to assume warm weather for my mid-April trip? I don't think I would change too much regarding my packing but I was just wondering. It will still be cool/cold at home but not heavy winter coat weather!

Hey everyone. We'll be visiting the 9th to the 13th. It's interesting that everyone seems to be late Apr or early, we're one of the few that are mid-month. Kind of excited that we'll be straddling the Pixar dates, so we can do both WoC and the night parade.

We'll be staying at the Ramada Plaza on Katella and Harbor, anyone happen to know if their renovations are complete?

It looks like you will be able to see a lot. We are going to miss WoC but hopefully the Pixar dates are midweek and we will see the parade!

Theirt exterior and pool are under renovation but the rooms are all done I believe. I last stayed aorund Thanksgiving and the new rooms are awesome. However we were originally booked there for March 30th - April 2nd but due to possible renovations ended up switching to Anaheim Hilton after a great deal on priceline today. The webiste also state that the property is udner renovation " until further notice" so likely some permits and red tape are slowing things down.

Looks like our family is joining in the April fun! Will be there April 23 and 24 for my birthday! It’s only been a little over 6 months since the last trip when we went for MHP last October. Can’t wait!

Hi everyone. I just booked a trip (my first ever SOLO Disney adventure!) for April 22-24. A little nervous to go alone, but excited to be going back and to catch Dapper Day-- I've never been to one! :flower1:

There’s so many of us on this thread that are going the last week of April that I wonder if it will crowded or not? Not that it will change anything to my plans if it is...

Haha, no. I don't think it will be at least... Maybe it's just that we're all devoted Disney trip planners so of course we're looking for the slower days to go. Then we all gather here to tell one another about our similar plans! :)

Fingers crossed. My husband wont be happy if it's packed. We went on 10/11 last year (I forgot that some people may celebrate Columbus Day) and it was so crowded.

Fingers crossed. My husband wont be happy if it's packed. We went on 10/11 last year (I forgot that some people may celebrate Columbus Day) and it was so crowded.

Columbus Day last year coincided with Gay Days Weekend (lots of attendees took the 3 day weekend) -- so, you're right! The convention crowds combined with the 3 day weekend crowds made for a very, very crowded DLR!

Columbus Day last year coincided with Gay Days Weekend (lots of attendees took the 3 day weekend) -- so, you're right! The convention crowds combined with the 3 day weekend crowds made for a very, very crowded DLR!
Yes. I totally forgot about it when I booked. The Monday wasn’t as bad and we did the MHP on Tuesday. It was the Wednesday that was miserable.

We will be there the last week of April also. It's NH's school vacation week (although I doubt NH affects DL attendance that much). I've been stalking the DL calendar and am thrilled that Matterhorn isn't staying down for refurb! I need to find a way to get to DL Sunday night to see Pirates before that closes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter