Apple scooter

Looking at the Apple site , I see they have 3 and 4 wheel models..........anyone who has rented before, which would you say is easier as far as manueverablity around the parks and ease of taking onto boats/buses? TIA

I like the 3 wheel models because they have a tighter turning radius.

This is the only company I will rent from. They have excellent customer service and all equipment is top notch it will be waiting for you at bell service stand I can't say enough good things about this company. I rent form them and only them! They are the BEST! All my clients have been well satisfied with their great service!!

If you look at when this thread started, it was 2009. This thread is nearly 2 years old. When the first question was posted, we really had never heard of Apple Scooter before. We did not start getting a lot of reviews of this company until early 2010. It was after we had several good reviews that we added it to the FAQs.

No one has ever posted about renting from that company.
In fact, your post is the first time I have ever heard of them.

Funny, this is from your disABILITIES FAQ - that's where I learned of them.

Apple Scooter - quite a few people recently (Spring-Summer 2010) report good experiences
(321-726-6837)
http://www.applescooter.com/
Apple rents scooters and wheelchairs.

I rented from Apple for our trip this past Sept. this is the 3rd company in as many trips that we have used.... and this was the 1st time I had no issues with the scooter and power! I plan on renting from them again this Sept.....
I had ordered the scooter for the morning after our arrival, but when we arrived at the resort it was already there waiting for me!
the only complaint that I had was a minor one.. the scooter I received had a standard seat while I was expecting the captains chair that they picture on the site.

No one has ever posted about renting from that company.
In fact, your post is the first time I have ever heard of them.

Funny, this is from your disABILITIES FAQ - that's where I learned of them.

Apple Scooter - quite a few people recently (Spring-Summer 2010) report good experiences
(321-726-6837)
http://www.applescooter.com/
Apple rents scooters and wheelchairs.

I personally have posted a few times about my good experience in renting from them.

I rented from Apple for our trip this past Sept. this is the 3rd company in as many trips that we have used.... and this was the 1st time I had no issues with the scooter and power! I plan on renting from them again this Sept.....

I had the same experience with the wheelchair (in my case) holding a charge - it was great!

Another :thumbsup2for Apple Scooter. Rented from them in Oct. when I was recovering from a broken ankle and just reserved one for my DH who has arthritic knees for our vacation next month.

I decided to buy a scooter,as I avoid family outings. Do not want to be an anchor.I bought my new scooter from Alex at Apple Scooter. I could not have asked for a better transaction. Comes with one free rental when you are in Orlando. Which works out great for me as I live in WA. state, and don't want the hassle of dealing with the airlines transporting my new scooter. Anyway I don't want to sound like a salesman, but I do highly recomend them. Next WDW adventure begins 3/31/2011 !!!

I got the four wheel version.....in retrospect and next time, I will get the 3 wheeler. Especially getting on/off the busses. The 3 wheeler is much easier. I had bus drivers get mad at me cause they said I should wasn't turning the wheel enough....A couple times I just got up and let them do it. They did no better job then I had done.

Also, remember...TURTLE IS YER FRIEND!

I got the four wheel version.....in retrospect and next time, I will get the 3 wheeler. Especially getting on/off the busses. The 3 wheeler is much easier. I had bus drivers get mad at me cause they said I should wasn't turning the wheel enough....A couple times I just got up and let them do it. They did no better job then I had done.

Also, remember...TURTLE IS YER FRIEND!

Hi Jewel.
I will be renting a four wheeler in May - but I do not intend to take them on the busses. I'm sticking with a day at each park. This way I won't have to deal with the stress of taking them on and off a bus. Was there any other "problems" with the four wheeler?

Used them in Jan. I rented the larger 3 wheel model and I loved it. Very easy to manuever even on ths buses. It was great and I will use them again

Used them in Jan. I rented the larger 3 wheel model and I loved it. Very easy to manuever even on ths buses. It was great and I will use them again

Taking the scooter on the buses is the only thing holding me back about renting one, I know to fully enjoy my trip I need to rent one since I have limited time walking without having to stop and sit to take a break due to breathing difficulties due to my asthma. Glad to hear you had a positive experience

I was very nervous about that also especially with all the negative comments on this board. However I did not have any negative experiences. The bus drivers are marvelous and very helpful.The other people on the buses were friendly and very courteou. We were a party of 7 but only my DH came on with me, my DD and her family waited in line but we were always on the same bus. A couple of times there was another scooter or whelchair also. All in all I was 100% happy with my decision to rent from Apple and for the whole week. Also got to drive around and see the whole resort.This is the way to go to really enjoy if you have mobility issues.

Add me to the list of people who think Apple was awesome. The scooter was waiting for me when I got to my hotel (off property) and I ended up taking it back to the Apple store when I was done because it was on our way to I-4 but they would have picked it up from the hotel no problem.

I did the smaller 4 wheel model and had no problem at all getting on and off the bus. I had to do buses twice, once going from MGM to AK and once from MGM to TTC. Both times were easy in and easy out with very nice cm's helping me out.

I was very nervous about that also especially with all the negative comments on this board. However I did not have any negative experiences. The bus drivers are marvelous and very helpful.The other people on the buses were friendly and very courteou. We were a party of 7 but only my DH came on with me, my DD and her family waited in line but we were always on the same bus. A couple of times there was another scooter or whelchair also. All in all I was 100% happy with my decision to rent from Apple and for the whole week. Also got to drive around and see the whole resort.This is the way to go to really enjoy if you have mobility issues.

Add me to the list of people who think Apple was awesome. The scooter was waiting for me when I got to my hotel (off property) and I ended up taking it back to the Apple store when I was done because it was on our way to I-4 but they would have picked it up from the hotel no problem.

I did the smaller 4 wheel model and had no problem at all getting on and off the bus. I had to do buses twice, once going from MGM to AK and once from MGM to TTC. Both times were easy in and easy out with very nice cm's helping me out.

Thank You both for the encourageing words about taking the scooters on the buses. We are staying at the BC so I did tell DH we could just go to Epcot and DHS skipping MK and AK since I am not sure about taking the scooters on the buses, he thinks I am being silly

Has anyone rented the 4 wheel scooter from Apple and place it in the trunk of a rental car? I'm trying to figure out if it's as easy as they say it is on their website. I am taking my mom with us for her first trip in April and I usually rent a car because I've learned my lesson with my kids. We stay at the parks till closing and then they end up falling asleep on the bus and the bus stop is usually much farther than the parking lot to get them to wake up and walk back to the room. I'm just hoping the scooter won't be too difficult to break down for transport. Also, we are staying at the Boardwalk Villas and will be walking/scooting to Epcot. Will a single charge last the length of the boardwalk and all day at the park?

Thank you in advance!

Patty

My mom used Apple a couple of years ago. No problems at all. Alex emailed me and answered all of my questions in a timely manner.

I'm taking a friend in May who has several disabilities and she will be renting from them as well.

Thank You both for the encourageing words about taking the scooters on the buses. We are staying at the BC so I did tell DH we could just go to Epcot and DHS skipping MK and AK since I am not sure about taking the scooters on the buses, he thinks I am being silly

You're being silly... but I understand.:goodvibes

The bus drivers are really so helpful please don't let that stop you. And maybe DH would volunteer to load the scooter for you? :thumbsup2

Has anyone rented the 4 wheel scooter from Apple and place it in the trunk of a rental car? I'm trying to figure out if it's as easy as they say it is on their website. I am taking my mom with us for her first trip in April and I usually rent a car because I've learned my lesson with my kids. We stay at the parks till closing and then they end up falling asleep on the bus and the bus stop is usually much farther than the parking lot to get them to wake up and walk back to the room. I'm just hoping the scooter won't be too difficult to break down for transport. Also, we are staying at the Boardwalk Villas and will be walking/scooting to Epcot. Will a single charge last the length of the boardwalk and all day at the park?

Thank you in advance!

Patty

I frequently stay at BWV... will be there Sunday :banana:... and have never had problems with the scooter holding a charge for the ride over and back from EPCOT and a full day in the park. I always tuck the charger in the back pocket just in case but have never had to use it.

You're being silly... but I understand.:goodvibes

The bus drivers are really so helpful please don't let that stop you. And maybe DH would volunteer to load the scooter for you? :thumbsup2

DH did say he would load it if I did not think I can. I think a lot of my apprehension about loading it has come from some of the posts of guests complaining about people on scooters. I am glad to hear the bus drivers are so helpful. I am sure the 1st time will be the worst, and after that I hope it will be a piece of cake since I do want to go to MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter