Apple scooter

No one has ever posted about renting from that company.
In fact, your post is the first time I have ever heard of them.

I would not trust these people for several reasons. I don't know where you heard of them but I find several major shortcomings.

1. The domain name was first registered December 17, 2008 and was changed/updated January 27, 2009. Obviously they have not been in business too long.

2. The registration name ad address for administrative and technical contacts for the domain name is in Stamford, CT, with no address shown.

3. They show two addresses in the area. One is a fairly new high-rise office tower in downtown Orlando; I think this is a "convenience" office.

4. The other address, in Kissimmee, is just around the corner from a location where a person spammed our board about rental scooters a few months ago; I suspect this may be the same people under a new name.

I love IP searches.

IP Address: 192.216.20.49

IP Address Details:
Domain Name: www.usrental.com
Country Flag
Serving HTTP (Port 80): No
IP Address Whois: vel 3 Communications, Inc.
OrgID: LVLT
Address: 1025 Eldorado Blvd.
City: Broomfield
StateProv: CO
PostalCode: 80021
================

Domain: www.usrental.com
(Welcome to US RENTAL .com. The # 1 Online Computer Rental Store, with the LOWEST LAPTOP RENTAL RATES - call 800.877.3862 for Computer Rental Rentals - PC Rental Rentals - Notebook Rental Rentals - Laptop Rental Rentals )

I went to that site and got the same thing as with Apple Scooters.

Error ! The current browser is either too old or too modern (usind DOM document structure).
With a 2000 calendar.

http://dndetails.com/whois/detailsv.php?ddomain=usrental.com&server=whois.networksolutions.com
Americarent.com Computer Rental
245 Mill St, Greenwich, CT 06830, (203) 531-1000

http://www.yellowbot.com/usrental-com-corporation-greenwich-ct.html
Different address but same town.
====================

Not sure what is up but some computer rental site that does not have info and is glitched wants me to rent their scooters. I pass. Randy's and others are local based and have dedicated employees with a sound track record. I can go to several sites and they have a ton of info on the company. I would want a dedicated staff on site and not someone out to make some bucks by renting scooters without the service.

I love IP searches.

IP Address: 192.216.20.49

IP Address Details:
Domain Name: www.usrental.com
Country Flag
Serving HTTP (Port 80): No
IP Address Whois: vel 3 Communications, Inc.
OrgID: LVLT
Address: 1025 Eldorado Blvd.
City: Broomfield
StateProv: CO
PostalCode: 80021
================

Domain: www.usrental.com
(Welcome to US RENTAL .com. The # 1 Online Computer Rental Store, with the LOWEST LAPTOP RENTAL RATES - call 800.877.3862 for Computer Rental Rentals - PC Rental Rentals - Notebook Rental Rentals - Laptop Rental Rentals )

I went to that site and got the same thing as with Apple Scooters.

With a 2000 calendar.

http://dndetails.com/whois/detailsv.php?ddomain=usrental.com&server=whois.networksolutions.com
Americarent.com Computer Rental
245 Mill St, Greenwich, CT 06830, (203) 531-1000

http://www.yellowbot.com/usrental-com-corporation-greenwich-ct.html
Different address but same town.
====================

Not sure what is up but some computer rental site that does not have info and is glitched wants me to rent their scooters. I pass. Randy's and others are local based and have dedicated employees with a sound track record. I can go to several sites and they have a ton of info on the company. I would want a dedicated staff on site and not someone out to make some bucks by renting scooters without the service.

If you google applescooter.com reviews you will see they are legit and a lot of people give them praise at allears.net JM2C

I had personal experience with them on our last trip in Dec. 2009. They were great and it was easy to do business with them. I did it online for the reservation and I made one phone call to them; because, I had never rented from an off site scooter company. I was a diehard renting from Disney all the time. I chose them because they were cheaper. I got the smallest, portable scooter they rent and a friend got the next model up. She wanted more leg room and needed a bigger model; but it was still portable, too. The friend's scooter was practically new. Neither one of us had any problems. I rented for two weeks and the friend did it for a week.

I actually got the scooter a day earlier for no charge; because, the scooter was already at my Disney resort. The rep called me to tell me it would be there a day early.

We left the scooter at the resort when done at the luggage area and again it was very simple with returning it.

I have posted here about this rental company; I'm in favor of their scooters because they are so reasonably priced. A travel agent overheard a conversation I was having about it with my friend near the food court at the POP and came to talk about it with us because she heard the price being mentioned in our conversation. She saw the scooters and she was impressed with the price for what you get.

My postings are ususally in other posters' threads when they ask about renting scooters and such.

I'm not a guru when it comes to making a website and such myself and maybe this company has shortcomings on creating websites on the internet, but what does that have to do with using a scooter? And just because a company is newer doesn't make them automatically bad.

I will rent from them again.

I do feel it would be good to hear about any bad experiences from any of the scooter rental companies. Since we didn't have any issues with repair and such I can't say how they would react if a problem occurred.

I used the apple scooter in 2009 & loved it. Great company will rent from the again. Much cheaper then others I've rented from.Nice newer scooters in really good condition. Try them they will keep you coming back each time you visit Orlando.

We use K & M Rentals for scooters and wheelchairs. They are less expensive than others (including Apple) and are very reliable.

We use K & M Rentals for scooters and wheelchairs. They are less expensive than others (including Apple) and are very reliable.

I just checked both companies and Apple is still the cheapest. There's a $25/week difference on comparable scooters. Also, Apple gives you better rates for shorter rental periods than most places.

I have nothing against K and M. We all choose who we want to rent from.

I used Apple Scooters this summer. I had no issues or problems. They were really nice when I called them to place the rental. The chair was even there earlier than our requested time. I would definitely recommend them and use them again.

We just used them for our December trip to rent a scooter for my Mom. The chair was there waiting for us when we got to the hotel. The instructions for disassembling it weren't left, but they were able to talk me through the steps over the phone and everything was fine. It was so easy just picking it up at the hotel and then dropping it off there. My mom loved having the scooter since it gave her more freedom than our last trip when we pushed her in a manual wheelchair. My Aunt and Uncle went just about a week before we did and rented one from Disney each day and couldn't believe the rate we got for the week. I would use them again if we take my Mom.

I used them in December, too. The directions for disassembly were attached to the inside of the basket. I plan on using them again in January.

We used Apple Scooters in December 2010 and found them to be very helpful. Never had any issues with Hubby's scooter. They were very accomodating when we called one evening to get another scooter for me the following day for our Epcot day. My feet and legs were terribly swollen after a couple days at the parks and thought they could use a rest at Epcot.

I would highly recommend them and will definately use them again in the future.

We are frequent visitors to WDW, and have dealt with apple scooter since 2009, usually 2 to 3 times per year. They are an absolute pleasure to deal with. I did have a problem last year while at Epcot. I called Alex at apple scooter. He delivered a new scooter in less than 30 minutes inside the park. Thats what I call service.

This past trip, I ran into issues with my personal scooter batteries petering out on me. I had know idea that they were bad before travel or I would have replaced them before leaving. Anyways I called Apple and explained to them my issue and asked if they had any batteries that they could sell me. The man on the other end of the phone ( I can't remeber his name) said "I think so, but I'll have our manager call you in the morning, and if we do we can come and change them out around 9 am". He called me back the next morning and said he didn't have any after checking with his manager. All the batteries that they had were all used and a new shipment wasn't to come in for a couple more days. Even though he personally couldn't get me the batteries he did give me the name of a local medical supply company which carries the batteries I needed. I really appreciated the help that he tried to give me. I think a lot of other companies wouldn't even have tried to help me, especially since I was not even a customer of theirs. This company is concerned not only with those who they already have as customers, but those who maybe customers at sometime. I would definetly call them if I needed to rent a scooter in the future. I was very impresed with their service.

:thumbsup2

I had a terrific experience with this company. I was uncertain on if I would need the scooter due to a knee issue. When I called the company they informed me that I could cancel anytime without penalty. They even added a bungee cord to hold my crutch for me while on the scooter.
One day at Epcot the battery started to die out on me. I called the office number and left a message as it was 7:00 at night. Someone called me back within 15 min and said they would bring me a new battery! THey did and it worked fine after that! I even pushed the battery (forgot the charge it one night) two days and it lasted both 12 hour days while at the parks!
The scooter was a life saver! I highly rec this company!!

I just reserved a scooter from Apple for my trip in a couple of days. Will it be waiting for my at the Desk of my Resort?

I just reserved a scooter from Apple for my trip in a couple of days. Will it be waiting for my at the Desk of my Resort?
My scooter was there by the time I had requested. It was with Bell services.

No one has ever posted about renting from that company.
In fact, your post is the first time I have ever heard of them.

Funny, this is from your disABILITIES FAQ - that's where I learned of them.

Apple Scooter - quite a few people recently (Spring-Summer 2010) report good experiences
(321-726-6837)
http://www.applescooter.com/
Apple rents scooters and wheelchairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter