Apple scooter

Thanks everyone!!
I appreciate the responses.
I feel much better about recommending the Go-Go Elite to DSil.

I rented from Apple last spring, from April-May, got the 3 wheeled small scooter. Had no problems, all OK. Rented from them last Oct-Nov, picked up scooter at Pop Cent. at about noon. Went to MK battery died @ 7:00PM. called for help & had a replacement battery in about 1 1/2hrs. No way I came close to 12 miles. There's more to the whole story but I went through 3 scooters, in a few days time, until I finally got 1 that could be some what trustworthy. I was told, thru my problems to keep my charger with me. ??? At one point I'm sitting in a bathroom in EPCOT letting my scooter charge. Ever try to find 110v outlets to use at the parks? Used the same Apple service @ Disneyland this spring, the bigger scooter w no problems. I'm @ 1 good & 1 bad @ Orlando & thinking I'll give them 1 more shot.

I rented from Apple last spring, from April-May, got the 3 wheeled small scooter. Had no problems, all OK. Rented from them last Oct-Nov, picked up scooter at Pop Cent. at about noon. Went to MK battery died @ 7:00PM. called for help & had a replacement battery in about 1 1/2hrs. No way I came close to 12 miles. There's more to the whole story but I went through 3 scooters, in a few days time, until I finally got 1 that could be some what trustworthy. I was told, thru my problems to keep my charger with me. ??? At one point I'm sitting in a bathroom in EPCOT letting my scooter charge. Ever try to find 110v outlets to use at the parks? Used the same Apple service @ Disneyland this spring, the bigger scooter w no problems. I'm @ 1 good & 1 bad @ Orlando & thinking I'll give them 1 more shot.

This is precisely why I didn't want to hire the smallest scooter for myself! I knew we'd be doing long, long days and needed to know I could still trundle back to the room at midnight!

I had the Pride Elite 3-wheel (hired through someone else), and power-wise I had no problem with it at all. I plugged it in as soon as we got back to the room each night and unplugged it every morning just before we went out of the door. I was recommended to turn the power off if I was going to be stationary for more than 5 minutes at a time, and I think that helps prolong the battery life. The 3 wheel model manoeuvres very well round the queues, too. The only place I had problems was the disabled restrooms!!! If Disney had outward opening doors for all of them, then there wouldn't have been a problem!!

The Pride Elite breaks down into 3 pieces for stowing in the car (or 5 if you include the two batteries), but it's better with 2 of you for lifting it in and out. I did do it on my own one night, but as I've got gippy knees, that was not ideal!.

I would definitely consider Apple for our next trip (next March).

My DH has always used Apple Scooters (3 wheeled) and has not had a battery problem, however, last fall the one he got was very well worn. Perhaps it is time for Apple to update its inventory?

Having just returned from a trip to the area I must say it is definitely time for Apple to update their scooters, looking little shabby round the edges for my taste. As for the "preferred vendors list" I'm guessing if your willing to pay for it you can get on just about any list you choose, seems to be the case with Disney at least...Just my observations and opinions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter